Paths changed and more trouble.

Author
immortalis
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9
2017/04/25 11:37:55 (permalink)

Paths changed and more trouble.

Hello there, new to Sonar. Been working with it for a while and have encountered an odd problem. For some unknown reason, songs I have made will not open as they can't be found by Sonar. Either 'the path have changed, or the short cut has been moved. Can't find them in Cakewalk Projects although they are apparently there. Also accidently deleted the shortcut to one complete song and would like to retrieve it. Does anyone know what's going on here? So many songs seem to be moved and I'd like to locate them and also get my deleted short cut back. All help will be appreciated.

Thanx

Geoff

3 Replies Related Threads

karma1959
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 515
    Re: Paths changed and more trouble. 2017/04/25 11:50:00 (permalink)
    Check under preferences to determine where your project files are being saved and search in that location for cakewalk project files (*.cwp, I believe) in that location via windows explorer.  If you haven't changed the defaults, your projects should be stored under c:\cakewalk projects\ (or something like that) with a separate folder for each song (assuming you're using this option). If you haven't selected the option to use a different folder for each song, the may all be listed under c:\cakewalk projects.

Sonar Platinum x64 on Win10 64, Dell T7400 w/ 8 Xeon cores, 8 Gbyte RAM, 3 hard drives, RME Fireface UFX, UAD-1, Mackie Control, Adam A7X
    immortalis
    Re: Paths changed and more trouble. 2017/04/25 12:39:05 (permalink)
    Thanx for your help. In Sonar, I went to edit, preferences, folder locations and clicked on the one that said projects files. It opened a small window highlighting cakewalk projects. But what is in there is the same as I saw when going through search programs. No sign of the missing songs. Also, in Sonar, when I go to file, I see the names of some of these songs but when I click on them, pop up windows show saying the the song 'contains incorrect path', or that the 'shortcut has been moved and will no longer work, delete or cancel.' I'm at a loss. One track I accidently pressed delete, and its thumb nails has now gone. I'm very confussed becuase I have always been saving in the same way. Some songs are still there ans others have this problem.

Geoff
    immortalis
    Re: Paths changed and more trouble. 2017/04/25 13:06:01 (permalink)
    Now, when I open 'recents' of Sonar in another area, above the programs and files search box. I can see the songs. When I click on them I get the same messages. I highlight them, go into properties and see that the songs have 0 bytes. Also says its set to open with Sonar exe. So the thunmbnails of the songs are there, but they say there is no size to them and still won't open. It's a head ache. But still hoping the audio is lingering somewhere.

Geoff 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1