AudioSnap Phase Issues

Author
MagicMike
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 188
2017/04/27 09:19:54 (permalink)

AudioSnap Phase Issues

After much experimentation I think I'm getting the hang of AudioSnap. I'm trying to fix the odd timing issue with a 13 track drum recording.
I've used the snare and kick drum track to provide transient information. So far so good, I'm able to move the transient markers around and the whole 13 tracks are time stretched accordingly, due to my markers being merged.

However, upon bouncing to clips, I'm getting phase issues. I'm not making huge changes either.

I'm not at my DAW right now but have been thinking about this. I have 2 mics on the kick drum - beater and head and it's the kick drum track that's suffering a noticeable "thinness" due to phase after bouncing down for the stretched sections.

Am I correct in thinking I'll have to use the transients from both kick mics and move these together to get phase accuracy on the kick?

Thanks,

Mike. 

Windows 10 x64, 16 gb RAM,i7 4.2GHz, 250GB Samsung SSD for OS/Programs, SSD for current projects,  1TB Disk for audio and backup project files, RME UCX interface on USB, ASUS motherboard, dual screen setup with latest AMD FX 5450 catalyst drivers for graphics, Cakewalk by Bandlab. Samson Graphite 49 keyboard.

1 Reply Related Threads

reginaldStjohn
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 485
    Re: AudioSnap Phase Issues 2017/04/27 19:04:04 (permalink)
    I don't know for sure but I have always used the transients from each channel and moved them together. Meaning, I didn't copy transients from one mic to other channels. I have had phase issues because I in a place or two I missed getting the transients for one track so it didn't stretch with the others?

AMD Phenom II x6, 8 GB Ram, 2 Internal SATA III HD
    Windows 10
    Presonus Studio Live 16.0.2 Interface/Mixer
    Cakewalk Sonar Platinum
    Line6 Helix Guitar Processor 
    Custom Made (El Bandito) Telecaster
    LTD ESP EC-1000
    PRS El Torrero SE
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1