Shiny

Author
loopyd
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 117
2017/04/27 21:32:25 (permalink)

Shiny

I actually had to click "Update All", which gave me all the help files and dependences, and then "Update" again.  But now that the update is out what are you guys thinking about it?

In therapy for SSH-shell second-hand-managed VPS-induced PTSD.
Courtesy BlueHost

6 Replies Related Threads

BobF
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8124
    Re: Shiny 2017/04/27 21:34:52 (permalink)
    With a very few exceptions, SONAR Plat has been better with every release.  In the event that something does go wrong, rollback is simple and solid.

Go ahead.  Do the update.  You know you want to 

Bob  --
    Angels are crying because truth has died ...
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    --
    Studio One Pro / i7-6700@3.80GHZ, 32GB Win 10 Pro x64
    Roland FA06, LX61+, Fishman Tripleplay, FaderPort, US-16x08 + ARC2.5/Event PS8s 
    Waves Gold/IKM Max/Nomad Factory IS3/K11U

loopyd
    Re: Shiny 2017/04/27 22:23:49 (permalink)
    BobF
    You know you want to 

Mhmm.  ;)  Yum looks fresh.

Courtesy BlueHost

bapu
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re: Shiny 2017/04/28 00:02:06 (permalink)
    Will most likely update it much later tonight.

Will most likely not used it until tomorrow night.
    promidi
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1220
    Re: Shiny 2017/04/28 00:21:38 (permalink)
    loopyd

But now that the update is out what are you guys thinking about it?

To be honest, it's fricken awesome!

Windows 10 64bit fully patched, 16 gig ram . 
    PCR-800 Controller.  (Working in Win 10 1809 64bit)
    CPU: i5 4670. 
    Video: Nvidia GTX560ti (latest drivers).
    Audio IF: Focusrite 2i2 2nd Gen

Internet always on.

Software
    : Cakewalk by Bandlab (2018.09 B29)
    ASIO mode. 24bit 48khz 256 samples 
    Rapture Pro, AAS GS2, VS-3, EP-4, VA-2, Chromophone 2, Z3TA+ 2, Addictive drums 2, Addictive Keys, Mpowersynth (latest), Iris 2, GPO5, Sampletank 3,
    tenfoot
    Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2186
    Re: Shiny 2017/04/28 07:51:39 (permalink)
    Ticking along just fine. No issues and loving the midi enhancements:)

Bruce.

Sonar Platinum 2017-09, Studio One 3.5.3, Win 10 x64, Quad core i7, RME Fireface, Behringer X32 Producer, Behringer X32 Rack, Presonus Faderport, Lemure Software Controller (Android), Enttec DMXIS VST lighting controller, Xtempo POK.
    loopyd
    Re: Shiny 2017/04/28 10:15:46 (permalink)
    tenfoot
    Ticking along just fine. No issues and loving the midi enhancements:)

I'm so glad they're going retro Cakewalk and adding all that back in for the MIDI lovers.  Myself being one of them.  :)  I was using Home Studio XL and Pro Audio 9 with Windows 2000, an SB Live 5.1, and a Roland MT 32 back when wavetable MIDI was a thing.  Absolute gravy.

I was enthralled when the 8 bit guy on youboob showed off the Roland MT 32.  If I would have known that hunk of metal was worth the dough it is now I would have kept it around.  :P  It worked real good with a floor switch MIDI drum machine my father had laying around.  He collected amps and a lot of that stuff.  Had himself one of those duel fender cabinets (two-speaker cabinets).  Always warned me as a child don't go messing around with it or his cherry red 1960 strat.  Needless to say he collected a lot of hardware, and thats how I got the Roland (and the General MIDI) experience.

If anyone is curious about the guitars he owned:

Fender 1963 Jaguar Vintage 3 tone sunburst, deep red satin pick guard (near mint, polished it every day of his life.  He made you wear gloves if touching)
    Fender 1963 Stratocaster Vintage Cherry Red, creamy satin pick guard (again, near mint)

I don't know if my mother still has them or she sold them off.  He passed away mid 2014.  We had taken them to a producer to have their serials validated.  I knew something was up when the producer begged him to sell, offered him $7,000 cash on-spot.  But he said no.  Doubt my mother knows how much they are actually worth.  He's hung onto them for years and years.  But when you opened their cases you could run your fingers over that original grey fur lining and just look right in at the past.  :)

I appreciate that out of Cakewalk, giving the retro fanatics a nice enlarging window to look through at the past.  Now when you gonna add FMTracker support huh?  lol.  :p  Doubt anyone here knows the joys of the hex grids of screamtracker 3.  Maybe a few.  ;)  Hey it was good when a filetype had support to write your own effect programs in assembly language.  It gives a song complete control over itself.  Soundblaster tried that, but the software never drew attention to it (EAX and SysEx mapping).  Its little gems like that that fade in time in favor of VST automation and VST wrapper MIDI mapping because they go obsolite.  But I'd spoken to a sound engineer who had worked for both SEGA and Texas Instruments.  Took a lot of talent back then to get things working.  (For the gamers, yes, she had a copy of Sonic 2 prototype, and yes, HPZ, Genocide City, Dust Hill, and Wood Zone where finished (later beta than the dump on the internet), but no, she would not let me dump the ROM.  Said it could destroy the proto carts.  She had a literal leather treasure chest full of prototype carts, she passed away late 2008.  They where taller carts like the original Genesis/Master system, with a switch and a serial interface up top for debugging).

I hope you enjoyed my retro blast to the past.  :p  Especially you 80s moog nuts.
    post edited by loopyd - 2017/04/28 11:12:22

Courtesy BlueHost

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1