Issues with the Transform Tool

Author
Kamikaze
Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3013
2017/04/28 15:26:59 (permalink)

Issues with the Transform Tool

I'm struggling with the new Transform tool

I noticed the Soft Mode Toggle switch can't be seen at the start of the first bar.

I recorded a stream of midi. split the clip into two and deleted the first clip, leaving a small clip, that I then copied to the start.
I opened this clip in PRV and deleted the end on the clip to make it 4 notes long. That I highlighted and gave me this.

If I drag the edge to transform by mistake (which I did), the Undo goes funny. It says 'Undo Transform', but when I did, it seems to have returned the original take that was deleted after I split the midi clip.

and the redo option says 'redo transform', but doesn't return to the previous four notes.

If I do a stack of undos, back to when I split the Midi, I can go through the same process and reproduce again

This tool looks cool though

2 Replies Related Threads

Bob Currie [Cakewalk]
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 58
    Re: Issues with the Transform Tool 2017/04/28 16:24:04 (permalink)
    Hi Kamikaze, thanks for the heads-up on this.

The disappearing-transform-button at time zero will be fixed in the next update.  As a workaround, you can currently access the mode from the Transform Tool context menu (though I realize this is much less handy).

I'm going to try to reproduce your other issue (transforming data after clip edits).  In the meantime, a possible workaround for transforming clips that have been edited, is to select the track and "Bounce to Clips" first.  This will make one contiguous clip for the transform to work on.  You shouldn't have to do that, so I'll look at this ASAP.  Thanks again, and sorry for the trouble.

~Bob
    Kamikaze
    Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3013
    Re: Issues with the Transform Tool 2017/04/28 17:36:01 (permalink)
    Thanks Bob. I rebooted and tried again and couldn't replicate. Hope just a one off glitch.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1