Helpful ReplyLockedSONAR PLATNUM: TRACK INSPECTOR REVERB AND CHORUS NOT RECALLED AS SAVED

Author
Leonardo2
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11
2017/04/28 16:38:22 (permalink)

SONAR PLATNUM: TRACK INSPECTOR REVERB AND CHORUS NOT RECALLED AS SAVED

WHEN USING SONAR PLATINUM TO GENERATE AND RECALL MIDI ONLY FILES THE REC AND CHORUS REALTIME DIAL SETTINGS IN THE TRACK INSPECTOR DO NOT RECALL THE LATEST SETTINGS WHEN SAVED AS THEY DID IN SONAR X3.  IF I USE  A BUNDLE TO SAVE THEN THE REV AND CHORUS SETTINGS ARE RECALLED CALLED CORRECTLY. HOWEVER I AM USING MIDI ONLY TRACKS FOR BACKING A LIVE PERFORMANCE.
DOES ANYBODY HAVE A CLUE WHAT HAPPED BETWEEN SONAR X3 AND PLATINUM ON THIS ISSUE?

Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2819
Re: SONAR PLATNUM: TRACK INSPECTOR REVERB AND CHORUS NOT RECALLED AS SAVED 2017/04/28 23:12:49 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby AdamGrossmanLG 2017/05/01 15:55:36
-1 (1)
It's obviously caused by a stuck Caps lock

GOOD TUNES LAST FOREVER
  +++   Visit the Rehab   +++

DAW: Platinum/X3e, win10 64 bit, i7-3930K (6x3.2GHz), Asus Sabertooth X79, 32 GB DDR3 1600MHz, ATI HD 5450, 120 GB SSD OCZ Agility3, 2x 1TB WD HDD SATA 600
Audio-Interface: 2x MOTU 1248 AVB, Focusrite OctoPre, (Roland Octa-Capture)   Control-Surface: VS-700C 
VSTi: WAVES, NI K10u, FabFilter, IK, ... (too many really) 
Leonardo2
Re: SONAR PLATNUM: TRACK INSPECTOR REVERB AND CHORUS NOT RECALLED AS SAVED 2017/04/29 20:00:44 (permalink)
Thanks for the input however, it did not help solve the problem at hand. I have contacted Cakewalk for it seems like a year to a year and a half with no resolution.  One would think that just porting and maybe messaging the code or subroutine from Sonar X3 to Sonar Platinum would work.  Oh well I guess I have to ping pong between the two to create a finished product.
msorrels
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1025
Re: SONAR PLATNUM: TRACK INSPECTOR REVERB AND CHORUS NOT RECALLED AS SAVED 2017/05/01 11:40:04 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I think the issue is that the track knobs for MIDI Chorus and Reverb don't seem to be/control MIDI data on the track.  They seem to be an internal to SONAR thing now (perhaps they weren't in X3)?  Which is why they do save/restore inside a SONAR project, but not on a MIDI save/export.

You might be able to get what you need by adding a CC-91 (reverb, SONAR calls it External Effects depth) and CC-93 (chorus depth) control lane on the MIDI track in the Piano Roll View.  Those will export as MIDI and import as MIDI.  You loose the nifty knobs though.

The other Inspector MIDI track controls have issues with needing to be bounced to clip or otherwise not showing up in the event list, I think this is just yet another issue with that whole collection of controls.  These two seem kind of odd to me anyway, since they don't show up in the MIDI stream except when they are moved, which wasn't what I expected either.  They didn't seem to send when the track starts playing (I looped the MIDI data back with LoopBe).

-Matt

Leonardo2
Re: SONAR PLATNUM: TRACK INSPECTOR REVERB AND CHORUS NOT RECALLED AS SAVED 2017/05/01 13:33:24 (permalink)
Matt,
Thank you for your knowledgeable insight.

You described it exactly. I understand what you said completely. In fact when I create a MIDI file with Sonar X3 (using those nifty knobs to set reverb and chorus) and save it off then open it again with Sonar Platinum the reverb and chorus levels do show up in the Track Event View list as CC-91 and CC-93 as the first thing in the list at location 000.00.00 for each track. They also show up in the Piano Roll View. Sometimes I have to ping pong between Sonar Platinum and Sonar X3 to accomplish whit I desire to do.

I did get a response from Cakewalk yesterday about the issue. Maybe they will fix it in the next few months.

Thanks again for your insight,
Paul
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
  • Total Posts : 284
Re: SONAR PLATNUM: TRACK INSPECTOR REVERB AND CHORUS NOT RECALLED AS SAVED 2017/05/01 14:53:51 (permalink)
Leonardo2
WHEN USING SONAR PLATINUM TO GENERATE AND RECALL MIDI ONLY FILES THE REC AND CHORUS REALTIME DIAL SETTINGS IN THE TRACK INSPECTOR DO NOT RECALL THE LATEST SETTINGS WHEN SAVED AS THEY DID IN SONAR X3.  IF I USE  A BUNDLE TO SAVE THEN THE REV AND CHORUS SETTINGS ARE RECALLED CALLED CORRECTLY. HOWEVER I AM USING MIDI ONLY TRACKS FOR BACKING A LIVE PERFORMANCE.
DOES ANYBODY HAVE A CLUE WHAT HAPPED BETWEEN SONAR X3 AND PLATINUM ON THIS ISSUE?

This is actually by design related to MIDI automation. To get the behavior you're looking for, you need to modify your TTSSEQ.ini file. You can find this in:

C:\Users\YOUR USER ACCOUNT\AppData\Roaming\Cakewalk\SONAR Platinum

Add the following to the bottom of the file using Notepad:

[Options]
LegacyAutomation=1

After editing the TTSSEQ file with these added lines then saving the TTSSEQ file, opening your MIDI files in SONAR Platinum should allow the Chorus and Reverb settings to be saved accordingly. 

Jonathan Sasor
Quality Assurance Engineer 
BandLab
Leonardo2
Re: SONAR PLATNUM: TRACK INSPECTOR REVERB AND CHORUS NOT RECALLED AS SAVED 2017/05/01 16:05:22 (permalink)
Jon,
Thanks but that di not work.  In fact the Controller values don't even show up in the Event View Pane whereas they did before.  Once I save the file and reopen it the values are lost however while I am still editing the MIDI file the knobs do show the values I set them to.  Try it yourself and see if I am doing something wrong.
Paul
Leonardo2
The Real-time Reverb and Chorus dials in the Inspector Pane do not restore to proper value 2017/07/18 20:33:10 (permalink)
I am using SONAR 2017.06 release. The latest release.
The Real-time Reverb and Chorus dials in the Inspector Pane do not restore to proper values using MIDI only files.
Try this:
Make a MIDI file in SONAR X3 and using the real-time dials in Skylight Inspector Pane set the Reverb and Chorus to some values other than zero such as 64 for a couple of different MIDI tracks and save off the file as a MIDI file nor a project file.  Close then open the file using SONAR X3 and for each track to select the real-time diles will move and show the current values.  Then close and open the file with SONAR Platinum and select the tracks you will see that the real-time dials DO NOT move and show the current values.  You have to open the track view events list to see the values. The values do display correctly if you use a project file but not when using a MIDI only file.
Leonardo2
Still no active real-time reverb and chorus values in Inspector 2017/07/19 00:01:23 (permalink)
I am using SONAR 2017.06 release. The latest release.
The Real-time Reverb and Chorus dials in the Inspector Pane do not restore to proper values using MIDI only files.
Try this:
Make a MIDI file in SONAR X3 and using the real-time dials in Skylight Inspector Pane set the Reverb and Chorus to some values other than zero such as 64 for a couple of different MIDI tracks and save off the file as a MIDI file nor a project file.  Close then open the file using SONAR X3 and for each track to select the real-time diles will move and show the current values.  Then close and open the file with SONAR Platinum and select the tracks you will see that the real-time dials DO NOT move and show the current values.  You have to open the track view events list to see the values. The values do display correctly if you use a project file but not when using a MIDI only file.
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1