Question re: moving clips in Sonar Home Studio creates empty duplicate clips

Author
md3474
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6
2017/04/29 01:19:11 (permalink)

Question re: moving clips in Sonar Home Studio creates empty duplicate clips

Hi,

I'm a total self-taught (or self-teaching) Sonar newbie, so apologies if this is a dumb question, or if it's been posted elsewhere already, but I'm struggling to find an answer anywhere.

I find that when I move a clip using my mouse, tens if not hundreds of empty duplicate clips appear behind it, often running to tens of minutes beyond the length of the song I'm working on. When I go to delete them, they appear to be sitting all over the place, so that sometimes deleting what appears to be an empty track also deletes clips further back in the project that were there to begin with and which I never intended to delete. Often, also, when I attempt to delete these seemingly empty duplicate clips, it sucks all the memory out of the application to the point where it stops responding altogether and I either have to wait for a really long time for it to come back to life, or I have to kill it altogether and just hope that my last save was recently enough not to lose too much.

Any help gratefully received, coz this is doing my head in and I don't know why it's happening or how to prevent it.

Cheers.

3 Replies Related Threads

Kalle Rantaaho
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7005
    Re: Question re: moving clips in Sonar Home Studio creates empty duplicate clips 2017/05/03 10:58:09 (permalink)
    Just guessing, but my first suspect would be a failing video card or mouse.
    Does the mouse work normally otherwise? Have you tested dragging objects in other apps?

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
    The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Question re: moving clips in Sonar Home Studio creates empty duplicate clips 2017/05/06 19:13:23 (permalink)
    I think this is the answer http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3602419

md3474
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: Question re: moving clips in Sonar Home Studio creates empty duplicate clips 2017/05/20 10:40:19 (permalink)
    Thanks for both responses, much appreciated.

@Kalle Rantaaho - my PC's known to behave very oddly at times, but I think this was more a case of me just not using (or knowing how to use) Sonar properly yet. I've done some research and changed the way I select, cut, copy and move clips and tracks and the issue I reported above isn't happening anymore.

@scook - I think that's exactly the same thing as was happening to me, based on what I can see in the image provided. So maybe this was a little bit of me being a dumb newbie and a little bit of a known old bug? :)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1