AnsweredPACE Licensing and the iLok

Author
loopyd
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 117
2017/05/02 18:55:22 (permalink)

PACE Licensing and the iLok

The iLok

I picked up one of these a while back.  Question is, how would I register my serial numbers for all of my Cakewalk products to the device, including the program and VST plugins?  I'm fond of hardware-backed license management.  Command Center is nice, but I would like to use my iLok to easily transfer ownership from one machine to another (I build and fix machines, hardware configurations always changing).  They make nice little "DAW at your buddy's place" solutions, too, allowing VSTs on diffrerent machines to accept your own serial numbers if you travel frequently.  Their servers keep track of where you're using your serials too, which is nice.  Keeping track of expensive licensed products is a must for me.

Just recently added z3ta+ 2 to that list, with the bigtone edm bundle.  :)

In therapy for SSH-shell second-hand-managed VPS-induced PTSD.
Courtesy BlueHost

abacab
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4464
Re: PACE Licensing and the iLok 2017/05/02 19:09:27 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby loopyd 2017/05/02 19:40:55
I believe that since Cakewalk uses its own authorization method exclusively, and has always committed to avoiding the use of hardware keys, this suggestion has little chance of success around here.

You are allowed multiple installs of Cake software, provided that you only use one at a time.  Honor system! 

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
loopyd
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 117
Re: PACE Licensing and the iLok 2017/05/02 19:42:18 (permalink)
abacab
I believe that since Cakewalk uses its own authorization method exclusively, and has always committed to avoiding the use of hardware keys, this suggestion has little chance of success around here.

You are allowed multiple installs of Cake software, provided that you only use one at a time.  Honor system! 

Thanks for the info.  And yaay if I want one Cake I can bake one, but if I want vanilla and chocolate I can has two provided I don't eat high off the hog.  :3

In therapy for SSH-shell second-hand-managed VPS-induced PTSD.
Courtesy BlueHost

Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1