AcousticSamples B-5 Version 2

Author
cclarry
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 20964
2017/05/11 12:38:39 (permalink)

AcousticSamples B-5 Version 2

There it is, the Version 2 of the B-5 Organ has been released, and it's not a simple update, it's an entirely new product.

This update kept us busy for about a year, and we reworked both the sound generation and the Leslie simulation, here are a few of the new features.

A new Leslie emulation
We have been working with UVI again and provided them with a lot of measurements on our Leslie 122. They came up with a new Leslie Emulation that is world class, and we adjusted it even further to fit the sound of the different Leslie models we recorded. You now get the sound of the legendary Leslie 122, 147 or 3300 and all of them with an incredible variety of microphone placements and many controls over them.

A refined Organ model
Everything has been revised, the click sound, the measurement of the real voicing, the percussion curves and we simulated a few real electrical behaviors like the voltage stealing and the loudness robbing that play a very important part in the sound of the organs.
And as every B-3, C-3 or A-100 is unique, we now offer 4 different organs base tones, each with their own voicing and signature sound. 

A completely reworked Tube Saturation  
The tube saturation now follows the exact behavior of the real Leslie 122 tube saturation.
There is basically one main control that is similar to the volume knob you can find on a 122 and you can play with the volume pedal to get more or less saturation while playing.

A complete MIDI integration  
With the help of some of our customers, we pre-mapped some of the most used Organ controllers like the XK series, the Clavia controllers (Nord stage, C series, electro and C2D), the Mojo, the B4D, the HX3 and a few others.
If your controller is not in that list, just use the new MIDI learn function to assign any element to the controller of your choice.

A much better Pedalboard simulation 
We have modeled 4 different pedalboards for which each drawbar controls a certain frequency combination.  The voicings really vary a lot from one model to another.

A new preset system
We decided to add the two main presets for A# and B that control two virtual sets of drawbars.
On top of that, we also added a new general preset system with a few built-in presets to help you explore different sounds.

With all of these features, the B-5 Organ V2 does sound like the original Hammond and Leslie 122 combo, but if you still need to be convinced, just watch our B-5 versus real Organ comparison video.

If you already own the B-5, then this "update" is FREE, just download the new file from the download page in your account (the file B-5-Organ-v2-EDC.rar) and update UVI Workstation to the latest version (2.6.10). Falcon is not yet compatible, but it will be when the next version is released by UVI.

If you don't already have it, the B-5 Organ V2 is still at the same price (99€ / $109) and you can learn more about it and get it from here: www.acousticsamples.net/B5

1 Reply Related Threads

bitflipper
    01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
    • Total Posts : 26036
    Re: AcousticSamples B-5 Version 2 2017/05/11 16:44:29 (permalink)
    Sounds wonderful, one might even say the equal of VB3, the reigning champ. Love the new Leslie sim!

But at twice the price is it twice as good as VB3? That's the question I'd be asking myself if I were in charge of marketing for AcousticSamples.

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1