Sonar Platinum VST system not working after last update

Author
rejonzin
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 19
2017/05/12 18:21:14 (permalink)
5 (1)

Sonar Platinum VST system not working after last update

Hi all, I have a real problem. On the last update, or at least it seemed to coincide with the update as in; as soon as the update was finished the problem started. The whole VST system went haywire. All my Waves stuff became unusable and upon scan started asking where the Waves plugins were located, and when I tried and entered every possible combination of directory locations it still never found them. Waves tech said to reboot and restart Sonar, which seemed to work but not all the plugs were available. Overload TH3 Vanished as well as several others no mater what entries I entered in VST paths! Also now none of the VST3i instruments are registering at all it is just empty. there were some plugins registered in the the VST3 section (C;/program files/Vstplugins) but several of them will not register ie; Izotope RX6, as well as other important plugs. I was told to do a clean reinstall by Cakewalk tech, which I did and there was no change. I am going to pull my hair out with this, and I have business projects to complete. I have used Cakewalk products since way back in the beginning when they were called Twelve tones, and you would think the tech support would go out of their way to help get this figured out. But it's hard to even get in touch of them when it's email only. I used to pick up the phone and after a short wait would be talking through my problem with a cake tech. I don't know if this forum is watched by any Cake techs, or if anybody out there is smarter than me (which apparently is not saying much) but I really need help, and I need my system to be working very badly! Anybody?? Please??

R Jones
I7 6700K
32 G ram
11 TB
Focusrite Clarett 8PreX
Midisport 2x2
other stuff

10 Replies Related Threads

magek
    • Total Posts : 34
    Re: Sonar Platinum VST system not working after last update 2017/05/22 17:42:36 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    I would like to plus-one this post, but also add that after any attempt to:
    1. display the Cakewalk Plugin Manager
    2. click on Plugin details
    3. click on advanced
    4. click OK
    5. sonar platinum hangs

One time (only) of 4 Sonar eventually (30 mins?) responded, but otherwise requires hard reboot of machine.

-Matty K

i7 2670QM 2.20GHz, Win7 Pro x64 8GB, M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R
    Behringer X-Touch
    SONAR Platinum, NI KOMPLETE10, Arturia V Collection 4 and 5 & other VIs
    AKAI MPK88
    M-Audio Axiom Pro 61 & Oxygen8 v2
    Alesis Q49 (rigged for wireless)
    Korg Triton Studio, O1/W & O5r/W
    Hammond XK-1
    (Fender USA Strat, PRS SE Custom 25th Anniversary, Ibanez EDB605 5-string)
    Wookiee
    Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
    • Total Posts : 13306
    Re: Sonar Platinum VST system not working after last update 2017/05/22 18:11:30 (permalink)
    Have you tried a reset and rescan in the PIM Mr Jones?

Matty have you tried opening SONAR with the Ctrl held down IMFBRC that will force a reset of your system.  Or you could try deleting the AUD.ini file in your windows user profile in the roaming profile section.  SONAR will rebuild on startup.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
    Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
    Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
    Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
    CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
    pwalpwal
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3249
    Re: Sonar Platinum VST system not working after last update 2017/05/22 19:10:15 (permalink)
    anything in windows event log?

just a sec

occide
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 174
    Re: Sonar Platinum VST system not working after last update 2017/05/23 20:10:03 (permalink)
    Maybe a coincidence but I tried today to install the free "Dead Duck Effects Bundle (VST)". When I launch Sonar it starts to scan for the plugins but then hangs on one of them and they never become available. Tried both 32bit and 64bit.

However all my other VST / VSTi work fine.

The bundle is free so you guys can test it, if it helps. Can't post links however, must google.
    dbass78
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Sonar Platinum VST system not working after last update 2017/10/09 02:12:36 (permalink)
    My G-force VST plugins (MiniMonsta and ImPosCar2) are not being recognized by cakewalk. These are 2 of the best plugins ever. Why won't cakewalk reinstate a working phone number. I don't get it !!! I may have to switch to Pro-Tools.
    Unknowen
    Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1276
    Re: Sonar Platinum VST system not working after last update 2017/10/09 03:17:36 (permalink)
    VST's search is completely messed up but has been for a long time. was just on win 8 as far as I know but not its on wing 10 as well. iLOk key with Slate is always a problem opening a project, even though I get an error when loading the project with slate plugs in the FX rack will not work. I can delete that plug and reload it and it works. But I don't really know if it's a Slate issues or a Splat issues. Also rescan when adding a new plugin is always randomly scanning with different VSTs loading is a crap shoot. With win10, pro and win8.1

Hay look,
    Somethings are not locked in stone... lol 3/18/2019
    dbass78
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Sonar Platinum VST system not working after last update 2017/10/09 03:28:05 (permalink)
    I actually just was able to get both to be recognized and VST scanned.

Go to:

1) Preferences
    2) VST Settings
    3) GO TO THE TOP OF PAGE TO VST Scan Paths
    4) ADD 
    5) c:\program files\vstplugins  (hit apply)
    6) Go to SCAN options
    7) Do manual Scan

IT SHOULD FIND IT.
    Unknowen
    Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1276
    Re: Sonar Platinum VST system not working after last update 2017/10/09 03:42:17 (permalink)
    dbass78

Go to:

1) Preferences
    2) VST Settings
    4) ADD 
    6) Go to SCAN options
    7) Do manual Scan

IT SHOULD FIND IT.

lol, yea that was my last months solution. But not this month. I cant install Mic Mod and VOX CHOIR on my Win 10 system even though MIC MOD has been installed for month it wont scan and add it if I install VOX CHOIR. All I get is one or the other. lol I normally buy 2 or 3 plugins a month but after having to spend hours getting everything to work every time I have to do a VST scan to work. I've stopped buying.  

Hay look,
    Somethings are not locked in stone... lol 3/18/2019
    Keith Albright [Cakewalk]
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1117
    Re: Sonar Platinum VST system not working after last update 2017/10/09 16:06:20 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    11Dreams
    dbass78

Go to:

1) Preferences
    2) VST Settings
    4) ADD 
    6) Go to SCAN options
    7) Do manual Scan

IT SHOULD FIND IT.

lol, yea that was my last months solution. But not this month. I cant install Mic Mod and VOX CHOIR on my Win 10 system even though MIC MOD has been installed for month it wont scan and add it if I install VOX CHOIR. All I get is one or the other. lol I normally buy 2 or 3 plugins a month but after having to spend hours getting everything to work every time I have to do a VST scan to work. I've stopped buying.  

Make sure you use a consistent folder when installing VSTs.  
    Once that folder is registered as a location in SONAR (and we default to C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\VstPlugins) SONAR will automatically see the VSTs when they're installed and scan them.

If several plugins are having issues, perhaps the inventory got corrupted.  You can click on the Reset button to rescan everything which depending on how many plugins you have might take awhile.

Before doing that though, see if changing the plugin layout makes a difference in terms of what's visible.

Keith

Keith
    Atsuko
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 365
    Re: Sonar Platinum VST system not working after last update 2017/10/09 18:34:02 (permalink)
    +2 (2)
    I also had problems with the VST scan, it was hanging in Z3ta once, then Strobe2, finally, I realized Windows 10 wanted to update my system, after that, everything went fine with Sonar.

Desktop Intel I7 12GB RAM Win 10 64bit - Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd gen - Roland A-300 PRO - Yamaha HS50M speakers - Sonar Platinum/CbB - Samplitude Pro X3 - Studio One 4 - Melodyne 4 Studio - Ozone 8 Adv - Neutron 2 Adv - RX7 Adv - ARC2 // Notebook Dell I7 8GB RAM Win 10 64bit
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1