Issue with the new Antares Harmony Engine Evo 4.1 Plug-in

Author
Fabio Rubato
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 500
2017/05/21 06:44:04 (permalink)

Issue with the new Antares Harmony Engine Evo 4.1 Plug-in

Hi guys,
I'm wondering if anyone else is using the new HEE 4.1 plug-in. The former version had been crashing Sonar and when I contracted support they told me they were aware of an issue. Some months after this they release the 4.1 version.

If I load the plug-in on a stereo audio track, it all appears to work okay. In particular, the stereo spread and individual panning ability for the voices are all there. However, if I create a stereo bus track, the stereo spread and individual panning options are greyed out. The older version had this option available.

I like using a bus as I can send a number of vocs to it and I can also send a voc to it via an insert if I desire.

Anyone finding this? 

Thanks

Sonar: Platinum, (X3e) - x64 
PC: Win10 Pro 64;
Computer: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3R-B3; Intel i7, 2600k @ 4.2 (8 Cores); 16 GB Corsair Ram;
Visual Card: Gigabyte GTX 580;
Audio Interface: RME UFX;
Monitors: Adam A77X, Sub8;
Midi Controllers: Komplete Kontrol S88,  Novation Bass Station 2; NI Maschine Mk 2; 
Other Hardware: Joe Meek Twin Q Dual Studio Channel;
Mics: RODE NT2-A, ASTON Spirit 

Latest Song: Lay Down Before the War

9 Replies Related Threads

Fabio Rubato
    Re: Issue with the new Antares Harmony Engine Evo 4.1 Plug-in 2017/05/21 22:46:31 (permalink)
    Anyone?

Computer: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3R-B3; Intel i7, 2600k @ 4.2 (8 Cores); 16 GB Corsair Ram;
    Midi Controllers: Komplete Kontrol S88,  Novation Bass Station 2; NI Maschine Mk 2; 

fitzj
    Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1487
    Re: Issue with the new Antares Harmony Engine Evo 4.1 Plug-in 2017/05/21 23:07:37 (permalink)
    Is Antares not a bit outdated now with Celemony ARA technology.

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Issue with the new Antares Harmony Engine Evo 4.1 Plug-in 2017/05/21 23:13:05 (permalink)
    Does it work on an aux track? If so, an aux track can function as a bus. Don't have the plug-in to test.
    Fabio Rubato
    Re: Issue with the new Antares Harmony Engine Evo 4.1 Plug-in 2017/05/22 01:40:45 (permalink)
    fitzj

As far as I know, Celemony doesn't have the capability to split voices left/right/center. The EE is  an easy and fast way to add voicings and shape their sound. You can do the latter with C but you would then need to use a morph/stereo shaper/doubler/reel etc to place left/right/center in various degrees. I use all of the latter and I also use the EE depending upon my mood. I find the iZotope Nectar 2 has more artifacts when adding harmony voicings. I have found the EE to do this with a higher quality due to less artifacts.

Fabio Rubato
    Re: Issue with the new Antares Harmony Engine Evo 4.1 Plug-in 2017/05/22 01:43:41 (permalink)
    scook
    Does it work on an aux track? If so, an aux track can function as a bus. Don't have the plug-in to test.

Thanks I have thought of this but haven't tried. I'll give this a go. 

fitzj
    Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1487
    Re: Issue with the new Antares Harmony Engine Evo 4.1 Plug-in 2017/05/28 01:28:07 (permalink)
    Fabio Rubato
    fitzj

As far as I know, Celemony doesn't have the capability to split voices left/right/center. The EE is  an easy and fast way to add voicings and shape their sound. You can do the latter with C but you would then need to use a morph/stereo shaper/doubler/reel etc to place left/right/center in various degrees. I use all of the latter and I also use the EE depending upon my mood. I find the iZotope Nectar 2 has more artifacts when adding harmony voicings. I have found the EE to do this with a higher quality due to less artifacts.

Interesting, thanks for the update, its appreciated. I see UAD have it as new plugin.
    Fabio Rubato
    Re: Issue with the new Antares Harmony Engine Evo 4.1 Plug-in 2017/05/28 01:44:24 (permalink)
    Feedback from Antares support confirm that it is a bug in that stereo doesn't work when placed on a bus in Sonar. They are apparently working on a fix and will notify when available.

werewindle
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 214
    Re: Issue with the new Antares Harmony Engine Evo 4.1 Plug-in 2017/05/28 07:02:04 (permalink)
    I have has same issues with some Antares products and I get the same response from them they area aware of the issue...... Did suggest using VST2 version instead
    ZincTrumpet
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 891
    Re: Issue with the new Antares Harmony Engine Evo 4.1 Plug-in 2017/05/28 08:05:17 (permalink)
    Hi Fabio,

Sorry I am coming to this thread a bit late!

I use HEE a LOT and still find it one of the best for generating rich layers of natural sounding vocal harmonies in a variety of ways. I also have Nectar 2 which to my ears is poor by comparison and Melodyne, whilst great, is a different beast i.e. pitch correction rather than harmony generation. I know you can create harmonies manually using Melodyne and I have done this but it is a slower process than using HEE.

I wasn't aware of the HEE 4.1 update and I am still on v4.009. Based on your feedback from Antares I will hold off updating for now.

I have used Evo in a variety of ways but the way I prefer in Sonar is on a stereo AUX track by sending the treated solo mono vocal (compressed, eq'd etc) to it. I have created some nice vocal layers by creating multiple AUX tracks with different harmony treatments (low, middle, high register, panning, choir modes etc). In fact one of the limitations of Studio One Pro (my other main DAW) is that it doesn't have AUX tracks. So you have to output vocal tracks to a bus with Evo inserted on it. You then have to output that back to a stereo track to achieve something similar to Sonar's Aux tracks. 

Would be interested to hear your experiences of using H Evo. Originally I used the chord mode with different chords set up on each of the buttons manually clicking on each one as the song progressed but eventually worked out how to automate the button changes (it was a bit fiddly though). Now though I find it quicker and easier to use the MIDI input to achieve the required harmonies and record a specific harmony MIDI track or tracks.

ZT
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1