SOLVED - Issue with opening Sonar Projects on new PC.

Author
VegetableThins
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2017/05/22 01:16:24 (permalink)

SOLVED - Issue with opening Sonar Projects on new PC.

Hello All,

So I've recently moved out and and wanted to transfer my sonar projects from one PC to another. I had them stored on my dad's PC which had Sonar Platinum installed. I purchased Sonar Steam version for my PC, purchased a new audio interface and copied the projects on to a USB stick and saved them to my computer. After getting everything hooked up I tried opening up an old project. Everything opened fine, all the tracks where there, plugins where on the tracks (A lot where missing, no big deal though), but then as soon as I hit play this message pops up:

"Unable to open audio record device. Device may not support the current project's audio format or may be in use."

I can do everything in the project except play back and record, as soon as I hit space or R the message pops up. All of the audio data opens and plays perfectly fine on its own, it's just as soon as I open the project as a whole (CWP file) it doesn't work. I can take all the audio tracks and put them into a new project and it works, but that's a real pain.

I've tried:
Changing the project bit depth.
Changing all the buses/tracks to point to the new audio interface. ( inputs and outputs)
Changing the sampling rate.
Getting rid of anything incompatible with Sonar Steam Version.

Any advice on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Old PC: Windows 10, Sonar Platinum, Roland Quad-Capture
Current/New PC: Windows 10, Sonar Steam Edition, Roland Duo-Capture

thanks,
McKenzie
post edited by VegetableThins - 2017/05/23 20:49:53

3 Replies Related Threads

Wookiee
    Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
    • Total Posts : 13306
    Re: Issue with opening Sonar Projects on new PC. 2017/05/22 18:00:00 (permalink)
    If you are using Chrome as a browser check it is not holding onto your sound card, this is in Chrome's settings.

The error message could also indicate that you are using a different sample rate with you new sound card.
    Check the Sample rate of the waves in the audio directory of your projects.  Or ask your Dad what sample rate he was using on his system.

One other thing you could try is to open SONAR without a project, open preferences > Audio > Playback and recording, tick the box that says Share drivers with other programs.

One last question can you create new projects?

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
    Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
    Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
    Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
    CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
    VegetableThins
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: Issue with opening Sonar Projects on new PC. 2017/05/22 19:14:44 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    Hey I solved my issue by changing the sample rate on my sound card to 44.1khz from 44.8khz which matches my old sound card.

Bottom line is when a project is recorded in a certain sample rate make sure to match it both in the DAW and on the interface.

thanks for the help.
    post edited by VegetableThins - 2017/05/23 20:51:13
    Wookiee
    Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
    • Total Posts : 13306
    Re: Issue with opening Sonar Projects on new PC. 2017/05/23 18:04:53 (permalink)
    Glad to hear you resolved the issue could you edit your first post to indicate that thanks.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
    Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
    Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
    Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
    CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1