Basic Questions: How to name audio clips and does Sonar still have R-Mix

Author
Eaglesfan
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 19
2017/05/22 02:48:21 (permalink)

Basic Questions: How to name audio clips and does Sonar still have R-Mix

Sorry for such basic questions but F1 produced nothing under naming, naming clips, clips, naming loops, loops etc, although it did mention a parameter that would show names "if you named you clip."  Okay, clips called Bounce down #3 aren't descriptive and I like names, so how the heck can I name my audio clips?  Also, I have been working my way through the videos in Sonar University, getting started and saw a video about the R-Mix and how to use it.  But I can't find it in Sonar and I can't find it referenced in the help file.  Does Sonar still have it and if so, how can I find it.  Many thanks for help.

6 Replies Related Threads

Eaglesfan
    Re: Basic Questions: How to name audio clips and does Sonar still have R-Mix 2017/05/22 03:03:35 (permalink)
    Okay, one down.  Just started watching the tutorial on the Inspector and bingo, how to rename clips.  So now, the pesky R-Mix!
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Basic Questions: How to name audio clips and does Sonar still have R-Mix 2017/05/22 03:32:42 (permalink)
    R-Mix was bundled with X2 Producer only. Based on Roland tech, it was not part of the sale to Gibson. The plug-in may be installed using the advanced install option of X2 Producer.
    Eaglesfan
    Re: Basic Questions: How to name audio clips and does Sonar still have R-Mix 2017/05/22 14:20:17 (permalink)
    Thanks for the info.
    dcmg
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 393
    Re: Basic Questions: How to name audio clips and does Sonar still have R-Mix 2017/05/24 16:01:00 (permalink)
    Speaking of the naming clips function, does anyone else find this to be a clumsy process?

I do a lot of speech VO work and find myself often renaming many small clips of audio.
    Expected behavior: click "name field"- entire contents is highlighted, ready for text input to replace all current text.
    Actual behavior: If current name is somewhat long or multiple words, clicking just places a cursor somewhere in the text string, or highlight one word or some variation of that. Invariable, I find I have to click, drag across all text ( sometimes in both directions) delete, then add new text. 

Needless to say, across a time line of dozens of clips this turns tedious and clumsy.
    Not a big issue if renaming is just an occasional thing. Productivity buster if you do a lot of it.

Does anyone know of a more expedient/efficient way of quickly renaming clips on the fly?

CWBL/SPlat/Studio One Pro on Win10-64 Bit
    Asrock H370 Pro4 w/Intel i7-8700
    16GB Adata DDR4 2666 RAM
    All SSD's/ On-Board Intel Graphics
    Apollo 8 Quad FW/TB, AD2, Trillian, Omni, S-Gear, Waves, Soundtoys, TRacks, 
    MicPres: Langevin DVC, Great River, UAD LA610Mk2. 
    Dynaudio Monitors, and other stuff.
    THambrecht
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 867
    Re: Basic Questions: How to name audio clips and does Sonar still have R-Mix 2017/05/24 20:38:58 (permalink)
    It would be very fine, if we could change the name of the audioclips in the eventlist.
    This little field in the inspector is just unproductive and uncomfortable.
    But exporting named clips is just a great thing.

We digitize tapes, vinyl, dat, md ... in broadcast and studio quality for publishers, public institutions and individuals.
    4 x Intel Quad-CPU, 4GHz Sonar Platinum (Windows 10 - 64Bit) and 14 computers for recording tapes, vinyl ...

4 x RME Fireface 800, 2 x Roland Octa Capture and 4 x Roland Quad Capture, Focusrite .... Studer A80, RP99, EMT948 ...

(Germany)  http://www.hambrecht.de
    dcmg
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 393
    Re: Basic Questions: How to name audio clips and does Sonar still have R-Mix 2017/05/24 23:15:35 (permalink)
    THambrecht
    It would be very fine, if we could change the name of the audioclips in the eventlist.
    This little field in the inspector is just unproductive and uncomfortable.
    But exporting named clips is just a great thing.

BTW, looked up this complaint in a previous thread, and one little tidbit that helps with how finicky the clip name field is in inspector: Select Cip> Click in ClipName Field> Hit Cntr-A> then rename.

Still think this should be right click behavior, but at least the Ctr-A part makes clearing the name in the text field a bit less messy.

CWBL/SPlat/Studio One Pro on Win10-64 Bit
    Asrock H370 Pro4 w/Intel i7-8700
    16GB Adata DDR4 2666 RAM
    All SSD's/ On-Board Intel Graphics
    Apollo 8 Quad FW/TB, AD2, Trillian, Omni, S-Gear, Waves, Soundtoys, TRacks, 
    MicPres: Langevin DVC, Great River, UAD LA610Mk2. 
    Dynaudio Monitors, and other stuff.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1