Where Are Z3TA+2''s .BMP files?

Author
kandi9973
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2017/06/03 16:31:37 (permalink)

Where Are Z3TA+2''s .BMP files?

Hi to everyone!
I recently updated to Windows 10 Creator's Update, and lost all my programs in the process. I've reinstalled most, including Z3TA+2.2 using CCC. However, when scanning for plugins, both Ableton LIVE and Propellerhead Reason (v9.5) show error messages telling me that the bitmap files in Z3TA+2's Resources folder are missing. I've checked the Resources folder and the required files are there, but they are all PNG files. There are NO BITMAP FILES, period!; none!
I realize the older Z3TA+ uses bitmaps, but I don't see how they can solve this problem.
From what I've read, I understand this problem has been around for a while, but none of the so-called solutions offered work for me. I like Z3TA+2 and would like to use it in my DAWs, but as things stand launching it causes my DAW to crash.
Can anyone please tell me where the bitmap files are located; or if there is a work-around or other solution to this problem.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Kandi Mills 

1 Reply Related Threads

John Joseph [Cakewalk]
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 126
    Re: Where Are Z3TA+2''s .BMP files? 2017/06/05 14:17:37 (permalink)
    Hi Kandi, that's messed up. You're correct that all those bitmaps were switched to .PNGs, so if it's looking for bitmaps then that's a bit troubling. 

Can you check the version of Z2 that CCC installed? It's possible that CCC needs to check for updates.

If it's up to date, I'd also recommend checking the actual version of the Z2 dll file (for me it's at C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\VstPlugins\Z3TA+ 2) and making sure it's what C3 says it is. It's possible that only the VST3 version was overwritten but not the VST2 (which is what Ableton live and I think Reason support.) 

My installed version is 2.2.3.51 (51 is the build number), which I think is the most recent released build. 

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1