"Melodyne 4.1 update" bug

Author
dougalex
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 244
2017/06/04 18:28:01 (permalink)

"Melodyne 4.1 update" bug

Using Melodyne Studio 4 with Sonar Platinum and tested/confirmed this bug on two computers.

After I updated from Studio 4.0.2.003 to 4.1 there is a consistently reproducible problem:
When "Follow Clip Selection in DAW" (under Options, added in update 4.1) is unchecked, Melodyne does not show blobs for subsequent selected/created clips (i.e. selecting “Open Editer” or “Create Region FX”). Rather it continues to show blobs from first clip selected.

Also in the past I thought I should be able to have several Melodyne clips open at the same time. I liked it when "Open clip", or "create new clip", added a window to the set of existing open clips.

3 Replies Related Threads

noynekker
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1235
    Re: "Melodyne 4.1 update" bug 2017/06/04 21:50:02 (permalink)
    Hmm . . . I see what you're saying, though, I think it's related to a new feature they've added.

In Melodyne there is Clip mode and Track mode.
    So, when I'm in Clip mode, unchecking "Follow Clip Selection in DAW" causes any new Melodyne Region FX windows to keep displaying the original selection instead of the new selection, as you've stated.
    Why not keep "Follow Clip Selection in DAW" checked on ? Then it works as expected.
    I'm not yet clear on the use for adding this new option in the latest Melodyne update either, but I like it always turned on until I see a reason to turn it off ? (Perhaps it's intended for use in a DAW without ARA integration)

As for viewing multiple Melodyne clips at once, if I switch to Track mode in Melodyne, I can see all the clips at once.
    Also, using Melodyne Clip mode, holding down the Ctrl key while opening new Melodyne Region FX enables you to have multiple Melodyne clips open in the multidock.

Cakewalk by Bandlab, Cubase, RME Babyface Pro, Intel i7 3770K @3.5Ghz, Asus P8Z77-VPro/Thunderbolt, 32GB DDR3 RAM, GeForce GTX 660 Ti, 250 GB OS SSD, 2TB HDD samples, Win 10 Pro 64 bit, backed up by Macrium Reflect, Novation Impulse 61 Midi Key Controller, Tannoy Active Near Field Monitors, Guitars by Vantage, Gibson, Yamaki and Ovation.

dougalex
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 244
    Re: "Melodyne 4.1 update" bug 2017/06/05 16:59:07 (permalink)
    noynekker
    So, when I'm in Clip mode, unchecking "Follow Clip Selection in DAW" causes any new Melodyne Region FX windows to keep displaying the original selection instead of the new selection, as you've stated.

Thank you for confirming.
    Has to be a bug or programming error, because there is no useful purpose to "not switching the blobs display" when you open/create another Melodyne clip.
    If you also notice the window name changes to the new clip name (as expected) but the blobs don't change.

And, BTW, thanks for the tip: "use control-click to keep multiple clips open"
    mudgel
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12010
    Re: "Melodyne 4.1 update" bug 2017/06/07 12:24:17 (permalink)
    Have you reported the "bug" to Melodyne people? Clearly they are the only ones who can fix their own "bugs".

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
    PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
    Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
    Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
    Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
    Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
    Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1