Adding lyrics issue in Sonar platinum. Please help.

Author
thquoc1981
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2017/06/06 16:53:47 (permalink)

Adding lyrics issue in Sonar platinum. Please help.

Hi all,

I just updated to sonar platinum and try to adding lyrics to my midi track. All is great, until I found out I have problem with: many notes go with one word.
For example: "y-e-a-h" (4 notes come with the word "yeah", that's fine)
But: "y-e--a--h" (6 notes come with the word "yeah"). Sonar platinum don't allow me to do that. It will auto rewrite by "y-e-a-h" then my 2 more notes are out of sync.

Have anyone face this problem, and how to fix it. Please show me. I would appreciate about it. (But don't tell me remove notes to fit the word)

P.s. I have worked with lyrics in cakewalk pro audio and sonar 5 for years, and old cakewalk products work great with midi and lyrics.

7 Replies Related Threads

azslow3
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3297
    Re: Adding lyrics issue in Sonar platinum. Please help. 2017/06/06 17:08:29 (permalink)
    Have you tried to enter lyrics in the Staff view?

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
    GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
    RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
    www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
    thquoc1981
    Re: Adding lyrics issue in Sonar platinum. Please help. 2017/06/06 17:21:52 (permalink)
    I also tried in staff view, but the problem still exists.
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Adding lyrics issue in Sonar platinum. Please help. 2017/06/06 17:29:38 (permalink)
    thquoc1981
    But don't tell me remove notes to fit the word

Add letters to fit the notes
    azslow3
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3297
    Re: Adding lyrics issue in Sonar platinum. Please help. 2017/06/06 19:25:24 (permalink)
    thquoc1981
    I also tried in staff view, but the problem still exists.

If I type in the staff view, it "consumes" as many notes as I want and does not rewrite (as in Lyrics view).

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
    GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
    RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
    www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
    tenfoot
    Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2186
    Re: Adding lyrics issue in Sonar platinum. Please help. 2017/06/06 20:04:48 (permalink)
    Adding letters/notes can indeed be a little quirky and frustrating. I find it best to work as follows

1: write the lyrics out in windows notepad (including all spaces/dashes/syllables)
    2: record/write the notes into the Sonar midi track track that will trigger the lyrics.
    3. Select all of the lyrics in the notepad lyrics file and copy them to the clipboard (control>a then control>c)
    4. Open lyric view on theSonar  lyric midi track, select all of the dashes, then paste the lyrics in from the clipboard (control>v). 

Using this method Sonar will not add or take away any syllables from either the midi track or the lyric view. If you need to make corrections, select ALL of the lyrics in lyric view and delete them first (dashes will reappear to replace them), make any changes in the midi track using PRV to change trigger notes or the windows notepad file to change lyrics, then re-paste the lyrics as above.

Although a bit convoluted, once you get the hang of this method it is much faster than dealing with the unpredictable creation of notes and letters you are no doubt becoming familiar with when editing exclusively in lyric view.

Bruce.

Sonar Platinum 2017-09, Studio One 3.5.3, Win 10 x64, Quad core i7, RME Fireface, Behringer X32 Producer, Behringer X32 Rack, Presonus Faderport, Lemure Software Controller (Android), Enttec DMXIS VST lighting controller, Xtempo POK.
    thquoc1981
    Re: Adding lyrics issue in Sonar platinum. Please help. 2017/06/07 07:33:05 (permalink)
    Thank you all for your replies.

Over 10 years in making karaoke midi files, I worked with lyrics and PRV a lot. It's still a little annoying when you have to copy the text back and forth. And when you need to do some corrections of notes, you have to copy back and forth again.

Hope that in the next update, developer team will make this lyrics feature great just as they did in sonar 5 (which I still use it until now).
    thquoc1981
    Re: Adding lyrics issue in Sonar platinum. Please help. 2017/06/08 05:05:46 (permalink)
    tenfoot
    Adding letters/notes can indeed be a little quirky and frustrating. I find it best to work as follows

1: write the lyrics out in windows notepad (including all spaces/dashes/syllables)
    2: record/write the notes into the Sonar midi track track that will trigger the lyrics.
    3. Select all of the lyrics in the notepad lyrics file and copy them to the clipboard (control>a then control>c)
    4. Open lyric view on theSonar  lyric midi track, select all of the dashes, then paste the lyrics in from the clipboard (control>v). 

Using this method Sonar will not add or take away any syllables from either the midi track or the lyric view. If you need to make corrections, select ALL of the lyrics in lyric view and delete them first (dashes will reappear to replace them), make any changes in the midi track using PRV to change trigger notes or the windows notepad file to change lyrics, then re-paste the lyrics as above.

Although a bit convoluted, once you get the hang of this method it is much faster than dealing with the unpredictable creation of notes and letters you are no doubt becoming familiar with when editing exclusively in lyric view.

Today, I have time to make a test from your instruction (copy text from notepad to lyric view). As soon as I paste the text from notepad into lyric view, all of the dashes (---) will turn out to (-), the problem still exist and cannot be soulved. ("Y--e--a--h" will auto correct by "y-e-a-h" as soon as I paste the text in lyric view)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1