Author
vaibertcorp
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2017/06/07 03:38:19 (permalink)

Signal chain export setup question

Hi All,

Noob here,
Just wondering how you guys set up your tracks to the final output for exporting?

I usually bus everything to the master and then SEND that to my main hardware outs ( then export the hardware outs in the export menu)

Is this something that is normally done? I noticed my song will be a few db higher once I send the master to the main outs vs just exporting the hardware outs without sending the master to them... Or do you guys export just the master channel and not even touch the hardware outs?

Just curious how you guys go about it, still trying to learn my way around this thing.

Cheers

2 Replies Related Threads

Bristol_Jonesey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 16775
    Re: Signal chain export setup question 2017/06/07 09:42:13 (permalink)
    If you mean you're inserting a Send from your master to the hardware outputs then no, this is something I've never done.

But I will route the OUTPUTS of my master buss to the HW outs

If you've got the outputs AND the send going to your HW this would account for the perceived increase in volume and you run a risk of severely clipping your export.

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
    Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
    vaibertcorp
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Signal chain export setup question 2017/06/07 11:51:54 (permalink)
    Bristol, thanks for the reply. Yes I had my master routed out to my hardware outs then I would select send from my master to the HW outs. Although I never heard clipping yet, it always felt like something was wrong but I see where a major problem could lay with your explanation.

Cheers
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1