SPLAT seizing up......Advice needed

Author
Jeffiphone
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 173
2017/06/13 15:26:01 (permalink)

SPLAT seizing up......Advice needed

I hate to be "that guy", but my system was running rock solid for months. Then I updated Windows 10, and updated to the latest SPLAT. Here's what happened.......

I use Mix Recall for my projects. One scene for tracking, with no FX/plug-ins. Once scene for mixing with all my mixing plugs. The tracking scene runs fine. But if I switch to mixing, SPLAT will just stop after a couple seconds of playback. No error message, no spinning ball, just the little hourglass mouse icon. Have to use Task Manager to close it out. So I've deleted the mixing scene and all seems right when playing the song sans plug-ins.

As such, I figure it must be a plug-in that is causing this. I've deleted all the plugs one by one, but can't seem to find the culprit. I've updated my Focusrite driver, did all the Windows stuff in device manager, etc. I have a feeling it's a Waves plug, but really can't narrow it down. Most other plugs are all standard SPLAT plugs. And this is not song specific. Happens on all songs.

Maybe there's something in the Windows configuration I should change? Like I said, I used the same plugs on all my songs prior to updating Windows and SPLAT without having this issue.

Any advice on narrowing this down would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all,

~Jeff

Acer with i7 processer - Sonar Platinum 64bit - Windows 10 64 bit - Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen) -

1 Reply Related Threads

whattarush
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 713
    Re: SPLAT seizing up......Advice needed 2017/06/13 15:57:25 (permalink)
    I would try these:

1. Make sure your VST folder designations in Plug-In Manager are still correct and rescan your VST plug-ins.
    2. Start your song in "safe-mode" (unload all plug-ins at startup) and re-load them.

HTH!!!

"When your moving in the positive, your destination is the brightest star"!!! www.elmarqrecords.com/ www.reverbnation.com/label/elmarqrecordsllc" www.facebook.com/pages/ElMarq-Records/160103362281 "Never look down on anyone UNLESS you're picking them up!"
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1