Trouble importing plugin presets Sonar 8.5

Author
jegenes
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 53
2017/06/13 20:00:24 (permalink)

Trouble importing plugin presets Sonar 8.5

Hi,
Haven't been able to figure this one out. I'm moving to a new computer and am revisiting some projects done in 8.5, so am wanting to import some of my old presets, especially for the Sonic Timeworks EQ. I have the older DXi version (from Sonar 2XL), and the newer 32 & 64 bit versions. I can't seem to get the presets to import (these are .SPP files). Here's what's going on:
  • 2 PCs, both running the same version of Windows 7, 64 bit Sonar 8.5 versions (same upgrades, etc).
  • The plugin (Timeworks EQ) works fine on both computers.
  • 1st PC (laptop) has the EQ plugins and the presets working, but it's not the computer I want to use. So, I exported the presets as .SPP files, then copied them onto the other PC. Using Cakewalk Plugin Manager, I tried to import them.... no luck.
  • So, I copied the plugin itself ( .DLL files) from the laptop to the other PC and tried again. Still no luck.
I'm kinda stumped. All other plugins are importing my saved presets just fine. Don't know why this one doesn't. And wouldn't you know, it's still my favorite EQ, and probably the plugin I use the most. I have hundreds of presets and would REALLY like to get them to install on this machine.

1 Reply Related Threads

OtagoMusic
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Trouble importing plugin presets Sonar 8.5 2017/06/13 23:09:15 (permalink)
    After a bazillion attempts to transfer these presets, it finally just seemed to do it. I copied them once again, from the laptop to the other computer. Then I did this:
    • Opened a session (64 bit version of 8.5) on the new computer
    • Opened Plugin Manager
    • Selected the Timeworks EQ from the list (in "VST Audio Effects")
    • Clicked "Import", under "Cakewalk Plugin Presets"
    • Selected the .SPP file I had exported
    The presets showed up in the window!!  I imported them, and it works now. I have no idea why it showed no presets before. I can't think of a thing I did differently.
    Also, I tried this over a couple of days, so I did reboot the computers (both) a few times during the process. This time, after a few failures, it just worked. I hadn't rebooted or anything. Go figure...
    --john
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1