UVI Beatbox 2

Author
Raberjeff
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2017/06/15 12:01:25 (permalink)

UVI Beatbox 2

I just purchased UVI Beatbox 2. Downloaded it successfully. Now the small problem. When I export a loop into sonar it does not play it back the same. All I get is 8 8ths notes hitting at the same time. Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

3 Replies Related Threads

telecharge
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1180
    Re: UVI Beatbox 2 2017/06/15 16:42:48 (permalink)
    Not sure if you're talking about a MIDI or audio loop, but I suggest contacting UVI support. BBA2 has only been out for a week, so the odds of getting help here on the Sonar forum are pretty slim.

https://support.uvi.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

This thread has a some information about exporting and syncing tempo, but no idea if it's related to your problem.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-product-alert/1158035-uvi-releases-beatbox-anthology-2-a.html

Canopus
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 261
    Re: UVI Beatbox 2 2017/06/15 19:49:21 (permalink)
    I've also recently bought BeatBox Anthology 2. I had never tried to export any MIDI from the built-in step sequencer, but after reading this thread I tried to do just that. The result was definitely not what I'd expected. It turned out to be a cacophony of drum beats.

Looking at the event list inside SONAR Platinum 2017.05 I can see a large number of empty events. There's one or two extra MIDI note events at every beat with both Velocity and Duration set to zero. However, those empty events are obviously sent from SONAR to BeatBox Anthology 2 where sounds are triggered.

Don't know if this is a UVI or a SONAR problem, but as a first step I guess it should be reported back to UVI.

According to them this plug-in is said to be verified with SONAR X3. Just for the heck of it, I tried. But when opening the plug-in in SONAR X3 Producer and exporting MIDI from the step sequencer I got the exact same problem with a large number of extra, empty note events at every beat.
    Raberjeff
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: UVI Beatbox 2 2017/06/15 21:56:29 (permalink)
    Thank you for your post. Now I know it's not just me. I sent UVI a video showing them what it's doing. Hopefully I will get a response.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1