Project constantly crashing after pressing "play" button

Author
hubertous
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 42
2017/06/26 13:23:41 (permalink)

Project constantly crashing after pressing "play" button

Hi there, I have a problem with recent project I'm working on - I was finishing simple automation on drums overheads track and suddenly the Sonar crashed. Then when I opened the project again it doesn't want to play and crashes instantly. It does only work when I bypass all fx, but when I turn it on again it crashes immidietaly. When I play the project from the begginning it starts playing but it stops and crashes every single time just before 19 bar - every time in the exact same spot. I don't know how to make it work. Can anybody help?
EDIT Ok, I just discovered what was causing this. It was Trigger 2 -> I changed the trigger instrument with the same name to add some alternative rimshot strokes to my snare sample (I create a lot of own drum samples) and the trigger was causing the crash because you have to load the preset again in order to make the changes apply.

Sonar Platinum, Windows 10 x64, Intel i5 6600K CPU, 16GB RAM DDR4 Corsair, 512GB SSD Crucial, 2TB Hard Drive Seagate, Apollo Twin Duo

2 Replies Related Threads

dcumpian
    Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4124
    Re: Project constantly crashing after pressing "play" button 2017/06/26 13:44:56 (permalink)
    Whatever is at bar 19 is the reason your project is failing to play. It isn't "crashing", but rather you are encountering dropouts that cause the project to stop playing.

Since the project stops at the same place every time, there is either a plugin that is overloading your CPU or your computer just can't keep up with the total number of tracks and all FX at that point. Try freezing some tracks to lower the CPU usage required by the project. If you still have problems, you may need to bounce some tracks together into summed tracks to reduce your track count.

The above advice presumes you have already optimized your computer for audio and that you have a capable audio interface.

Regards,
    Dan

Mixing is all about control.

My music:
    http://dancumpian.bandcamp.com/ or https://soundcloud.com/dcumpian Studiocat Advanced Studio DAW (Intel i5 3550 @ 3.7GHz, Z77 motherboard, 16GB Ram, lots of HDDs), Sonar Plat, Mackie 1604, PreSonus Audiobox 44VSL, ESI 4x4 Midi Interface, Ibanez Bass, Custom Fender Mexi-Strat, NI S88, Roland JV-2080 & MDB-1, Komplete, Omnisphere, Lots o' plugins.    
    bitman
    Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4105
    Re: Project constantly crashing after pressing "play" button 2017/06/27 01:38:28 (permalink)
    Up your buffers man!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1