Helpful ReplyPurchase Rapture Pro upgrade on Steam - cannot see in Command Center

Author
DanBailiff
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9
2017/06/26 23:36:11 (permalink)

Purchase Rapture Pro upgrade on Steam - cannot see in Command Center

I had previously bought the Steam version of Sonar (2015) which included Rapture Session. Since then I bought the Sonar Platinum suite from Cakewalk directly, which also includes Rapture Session.

I just bought the Rapture Pro upgrade on Steam. I have the license key. I went to the Cakewalk site to register it, but the license key doesn't work there. However, the purchase somehow showed up in my registered products anyways. However, it doesn't show in my Command Center. Am I forced to run Rapture Pro through Steam? I'm installing it via Steam now, but if I cannot use it with Sonar Platinum (or solo) apart from Steam, I may regret my purchase. :(

Can someone please clear this up for me?
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Purchase Rapture Pro upgrade on Steam - cannot see in Command Center 2017/06/27 00:11:46 (permalink)
Steam has its own product delivery system. Steam purchases do not appear in the Command Center. Questions about Steam purchases should be made on the Steam discussion site http://steamcommunity.com.pp/352290/discussions/1/

DanBailiff
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: Purchase Rapture Pro upgrade on Steam - cannot see in Command Center 2017/06/27 00:27:55 (permalink)
 I already know what Steam is, I've been using it since Day 1, and I've been a Cakewalk user since the early Windows days. 

I was just trying to get some clarification on what it meant to purchase a Cakewalk product on Steam. If you can't help, don't shoo me away.

FWIW, Yes, I could install and run Rapture Pro via Steam. I could update the preferences in Sonar Platinum to point at where Steam had installed the VST files and could use it as an instrument. 

I'm not thrilled about this arrangement. Needing Steam to install and run a Cakewalk product is an unnecessary step and a dealbreaker for those who can't or won't install Steam on a DAW. Personally, I won't be buying any  more Cakewalk products via Steam. It's not worth the headache.
pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: Purchase Rapture Pro upgrade on Steam - cannot see in Command Center 2017/06/27 10:37:08 (permalink)
fwiw, you can install and activate via steam, then just copy the DLLs to your regular VST folder, that's what i did, you don't need steam running to use them, just "set and forget" (until there's an update)

just a sec

Seth Kellogg [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 814
Re: Purchase Rapture Pro upgrade on Steam - cannot see in Command Center 2017/07/03 20:14:14 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby pwalpwal 2017/07/03 21:43:48
DanBailiff
I was just trying to get some clarification on what it meant to purchase a Cakewalk product on Steam.

DanBailiff
I'm not thrilled about this arrangement. Needing Steam to install and run a Cakewalk product is an unnecessary step and a dealbreaker for those who can't or won't install Steam on a DAW. Personally, I won't be buying any more Cakewalk products via Steam. It's not worth the headache.

Products purchased on Steam are delivered and registered through the Steam client only. We offer products on Steam primarily for users who use Steam exclusively as their delivery and licensing platform, so that they don't need to install and use Command Center as well. We are not aware of any publisher that allows additional direct downloads of software, if purchased on the Steam platform.

We do not recommend that direct users mix and match, which is why we don't offer Steam purchases on our Direct Store. Once a product is activated on Steam, you'll see the registration in your Cakewalk Account as it's been associated with your e-mail. 

While we do not recommend mixing and matching due to complexities, it can be done will relatively little trouble. Cakewalk Virtual Instruments, Audio Plugins, and Digital Audio Workstations on Steam do not require the Steam Client to be running after installation and registration. VST's will behave like any other VST once they've been activated and .EXE's can be launched directly like any Command Center install.

The one major limitation is that if you purchase expansion packs/dlc on Steam, they are only compatible with the parent app it's associated with. For example, Z3TA+ 2 Steam Expansion packs are only compatible with Z3TA+ 2 on Steam and not the direct version. 

Best Regards,
Seth
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1