Editrol PCR Question`

Author
Blades
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3246
2017/07/01 02:45:47 (permalink)

Editrol PCR Question`

I have a PCR-800.  I have a question regarding the setting of a pad on the unit and how to recall that setting when the keyboard is in DNAP or V-Control mode.

So - I have the KB working in ACT mode for the few things I actually use - like th transport buttons and wheel and the master fader.

I have a button that I have programmed for the purpose of midi remote control - in this case I have the KB set so that this button/pad sends midi note c0 at a velocity of 1.  Great - it works.

Until I power off the unit.

I have the same settings saved in the PCR internal memory so that the same pad does the same thing, but it just doesn't seem to "hold" this setting when I switch over into Cakewalk mode.

I realize that this is not technically a Cakewalk problem, but I purchased it when Rolad OWNED Cakewalk and Edirol and it seems that the V-Link/DNAP button ONLY has a purpose in Cakewalk (Sonar) and no other programs, so I figured I'd ask if anyone here has any ideas on this.

It's not that I power this down that often, or that it's really that difficult to put the setting back to this, but it seems that it should save - and what if I cam e up with 10 other non-ACT settings I want to save into it - what then?

Looking forward to any thoughts anyone might have on this.

Blades
www.blades.technology  - Technology Info and Tutorials for Music and Web

1 Reply Related Threads

Blades
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3246
    Re: Editrol PCR Question` 2017/07/02 21:57:40 (permalink)
    Anyone have any ideas on this?

Short version:  I can't figure out how to save the setting for the pads, knobs, sliders that are outside of ACT control when the keyboard is in ACT mode (really Dynamic Mapping or V-Link).

Blades
    www.blades.technology  - Technology Info and Tutorials for Music and Web
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1