Upcoming Fall Windows Creator Update

Author
fireberd
Max Output Level: -38 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3704
2017/07/04 10:35:22 (permalink)

Upcoming Fall Windows Creator Update

For the "techies" here is some info on the projected fall Windows "1709" update, taken from a tenforums.com info post.  I have basically much of what this is as I get the Insider program beta updates and what I've tested there is no affect on Sonar.  I have a song demo session scheduled for tomorrow (Wednesday) for a Nashville songwriter and the song is going to someone in the recording industry in Muscle Shoals, Al.  I'll be using the Win 10 beta installation for that session.

A couple of months ago, it was revealed that the next major update to Windows 10 - until then known by its development codename, Redstone 3 - would officially be called the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. As the name implied, the feature update would be scheduled for a release this fall, and more specifically, in the month of September.
Now, it appears that Microsoft has referenced the version number for the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update in related documentation.
A blog post (first spotted by WZor) related to the the Policy device description framework (DDF) file in Windows mentions "Windows 10, version 1709" alongside versions 1703 and 1607. As many readers are well aware, the nomenclature of Windows 10 versions references the year "17" with the first two digits, and the month "09" in the next two digits, confirming that the Fall Creators Update is indeed coming in September.

Although an extensive list of new features and improvements present in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update hasn't been made public as of yet, we do know that there will be accessibility improvements, hardened security, and enhancements to Windows AutoPilot management tools. Naturally, we'll find out more as time progresses.

"GCSG Productions"
Franklin D-10 Pedal Steel Guitar (primary instrument). Nashville Telecaster, Bass, etc. 
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero M/B, i7 6700K CPU, 16GB Ram, SSD and conventional hard drives, Win 10 Pro and Win 10 Pro Insider Pre-Release
Sonar Platinum/CbB. MOTU 896MK3 Hybrid, Tranzport, X-Touch, JBL LSR308 Monitors,  
Ozone 5,  Studio One 4.1
ISRC Registered
Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E. Assn.

2 Replies Related Threads

fireberd
    Max Output Level: -38 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3704
    Re: Upcoming Fall Windows Creator Update 2017/07/05 20:52:15 (permalink)
    Update to my comment about recording in the Insider Preview Edition of Win 10, today.  The recording session came off without any problems.  I have a keeper vocal track, drum track and rhythm guitar tracks.  Need to add Bass and a little (very little) Lead guitar tomorrow.

"GCSG Productions"
    Franklin D-10 Pedal Steel Guitar (primary instrument). Nashville Telecaster, Bass, etc. 
    ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero M/B, i7 6700K CPU, 16GB Ram, SSD and conventional hard drives, Win 10 Pro and Win 10 Pro Insider Pre-Release
    Sonar Platinum/CbB. MOTU 896MK3 Hybrid, Tranzport, X-Touch, JBL LSR308 Monitors,  
    Ozone 5,  Studio One 4.1
    ISRC Registered
    Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E. Assn.
    Grem
    Max Output Level: -19.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5562
    Re: Upcoming Fall Windows Creator Update 2017/07/13 06:00:59 (permalink)
    Thanks for that info Jack. I may let my music computer update when it comes time. 

Grem

Michael

Music PC
    i7 2600K; 64gb Ram; 3 256gb SSD, System, Samples, Audio; 1TB & 2TB Project Storage; 2TB system BkUp; RME FireFace 400; Win 10 Pro 64; CWbBL 64, 
    Home PC
    AMD FX 6300; 8gb Ram; 256 SSD sys; 2TB audio/samples; Realtek WASAPI; Win 10 Home 64; CWbBL 64 
    Surface Pro 3
    Win 10  i7 8gb RAM; CWbBL 64
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1