Author
Cyfrid
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2017/07/04 17:46:51 (permalink)

Sonar Platinum and VEP 5

Hello!

I think it's my first post here.
I have a relatively big orchestral template set up with Vienna Ensemble Pro. Everything in the same machine. 3 Instances of VEP.

When I open the Vienna project, it loads perfectly; however when I open the Sonar project (Around 50 midi tracks, and 3 Vienna Servers, Decoupled and the Kontakt in Vienna load in a purged way, so it opens faster) it takes really really long to open. The window says "Not Responding" and stays the same for a random amount of time, always more than 5 minutes.

I think it has to do with how the program connects to Vienna, but I don't know what to do.

Any of you using the same setup?

Also as a note: I only have a reverb loaded in the project, with just midi in the tracks, and if I open only the project without the VEP servers running, it opens really fast.

Thanks for the answers in advance!

2 Replies Related Threads

Cyfrid
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: Sonar Platinum and VEP 5 2017/07/08 03:11:10 (permalink)
    Anyone at least using the same software? So I can figure out if its a problem with my setup or with the software itself?
    scottgius
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Sonar Platinum and VEP 5 2017/12/10 01:55:12 (permalink)
    Hello. This isn't really a reply but I'm looking for other Sonar / Vienna Pro users. I've used Sonar Pro for a while, primarily East West libraries. I've got VEP 6 installed on master and slave. 

I can use it as a vst in sonar for local server instance, and can connect thru same setup to remote server slave instance, but I'm unable to have both going in one sonar project at the same time. If I connect one track and vep setting to the remote, I lose the audio from the local. I haven't found information in the manual or online about this yet. 

Any thoughts greatly appreciated. I had thought I'd be able to bring in the remote instance server into the local server, but after searching i haven't found any way to do that. the only way I'm connecting a track to the remote slave server is thru a different instance of vep in sonar. confusing.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1