I get no music respect

Author
JohnKenn
Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1659
2017/07/07 23:12:51 (permalink)

I get no music respect

This is beyond belief.. Kids these days.. No respect for their elders. The nerve of this...

My 12 year old grandson is here for a couple weeks.
Enforced slavery to help with the outside weeding. Weeds grow tough on the Oregon coast water line. Figured on getting pennies on the dollar return for the amount of food he can eat. Great, beautiful kid.

Had done the chain saw assault and other macho tools to beat down the weeds.
Told him the next phase was to drag out the flame thrower to nuke more weeds once we could see some path through the rubble.

He said, you don't have a flame thrower. Said yes I do. No you don't. Wanna bet?...
We made a bet. A quarter out of his pocket from the wash and absolute enslavement for 30 minutes with the worst chores and tasks. Whoever won called the shots.

When I dragged out the hardware, the kid knew he had lost the bet. I told him he could keep the quarter, but it would take some time to think about 30 minutes of the worst torture a human could endure.

He said the worst possible torture would be for him to have to listen to me practice the guitar for 30 minutes. I am speechless.

I settled on depriving him of his smart phone for 30 minutes and making him watch OPB public broadcasting stock market analysis. I will get even.

John

10 Replies Related Threads

craigb
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 41704
    Re: I get no music respect 2017/07/07 23:27:37 (permalink)
    Kids only respect names that start with "DJ" now.

Another Pacific Northwesterner, eh?  I'll be out at the coast for a job next week, but probably far north of you though (Warrenton and Astoria).

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
    JohnKenn
    Re: I get no music respect 2017/07/08 00:14:35 (permalink)
    Hey brother,

If you want to venture south, down here to Depoe Bay. About 120 miles from Astoria.
    5 star incredible oceanfront hang out open. Lights on.

John

and as well, any of you warriors who wander out this way...
    bitflipper
    01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
    • Total Posts : 26036
    Re: I get no music respect 2017/07/08 14:11:19 (permalink)
    Things are about to get nuts down your way. Salem and Eugene are charging money to go to city parks. Hotels are getting $1,000 to $2,000 a night. 3 million people are expected in the area. Your lights should be neon and read "Vacancy".

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
    JohnKenn
    Re: I get no music respect 2017/07/08 15:10:48 (permalink)
    Looking forward to that.

Even last month the city sent out a mailer to all residents. We are right at the center of the festivities.
    Among the high points to anticipate were running out of water.
    Sanitary crisis.
    Electrical and gas grid going down.
    Gasoline pumps empty.
    Mass traffic gridlock.
    Hospitals and emergency responders overrun or unavailable.
    Food stores with empty shelves and restaurants out of food.
    Vandalism and break ins.
    I forget the other cheerful points, but advice was to stock up for doomsday and don't venture outside if not absolutely necessary.
    We thought about renting the place but second thought that it would cause more grief than worth.

What I worry about more is the public reaction if the weather does not cooperate.

ampfixer
    Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5508
    Re: I get no music respect 2017/07/08 16:55:49 (permalink)
    Did I miss the announcement of the zombie apocalypse? Or do you guys just party REAL hard?

Regards, John 
     I want to make it clear that I am an Eedjit. I have no direct, or indirect, knowledge of business, the music industry, forum threads or the meaning of life. I know about amps.
    WIN 10 Pro X64, I7-3770k 16 gigs, ASUS Z77 pro, AMD 7950 3 gig,  Steinberg UR44, A-Pro 500, Sonar Platinum, KRK Rokit 6 
    bapu
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re: I get no music respect 2017/07/08 19:48:27 (permalink)
    Why u give your grandson weed?

Dinnit you see the fred about dogs and weed?
    JohnKenn
    Re: I get no music respect 2017/07/08 21:13:44 (permalink)
    Hmm...
    Never gave a dog weed, but back in the hippie days we had a big house with many rooms rented out to the most hard core drug addict and dealers on the planet. Real drug den.
    We had a collective pet dog "Snarfy"
    I'm sure he got enough second hand smoke, but we started giving him LSD. One tablet in a small raw meatball.
    Snarfy would get off in about 30 minutes, starting to get agitated and then running around in circles. All of a sudden he would freeze solid and fall over like a statue. About 20 minutes later he would loosen up, revive and do the same thing all over again. One trip was good for about 8 cycles.
    Unfortunately we also turned him into an alcoholic. Was lots of laughs until he started losing bladder control. Can't remember what happened to poor Snarfy.

@Ampfixer, not the apocalypse, but almost as good. It's the macho solar eclipse on August 21 at around 9 in the morning. My little town is in the exact center of the best view and the slobbering hordes are supposed to descend like locust. City is of course worried about the less desirable element and warned police response will be slow to non existent. Further worry is about potential for good old fashioned riots if the weather covers the eclipse.

Maybe not the end of civilization, but taking advice. Got a couple friends to weather the party with. Smith and Wesson... Make my day.
    ampfixer
    Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5508
    Re: I get no music respect 2017/07/09 18:11:33 (permalink)
    Eclipses are cool if you take care and observe safely. I didn't realize that they were an excuse to party and go wild. Must be a 'Merican thing.

Regards, John 
     I want to make it clear that I am an Eedjit. I have no direct, or indirect, knowledge of business, the music industry, forum threads or the meaning of life. I know about amps.
    WIN 10 Pro X64, I7-3770k 16 gigs, ASUS Z77 pro, AMD 7950 3 gig,  Steinberg UR44, A-Pro 500, Sonar Platinum, KRK Rokit 6 
    JohnKenn
    Re: I get no music respect 2017/07/09 21:51:17 (permalink)
    Yes, we are indeed a bunch of party animals. Any excuse for a drunken brawl, we dive in.
    JohnKenn
    Re: I get no music respect 2017/07/10 02:16:20 (permalink)
    Reminds me of another national celebration. Not a racist here, all of Allah's children and the celestial virgins are divine. Just calling it like it was.

Hired in to a company in coastal Oregon. Rented a place and had to get a taxi to get us from the north side of the city to the coast, about 12 miles thru the downtown.

Was May 5th and unfortunately, we got down the road on the ass end of the parade. Cinco de Mayo, Mexican celebration of something or other.

The cab was either going 2 mph or dead stop behind the revelers. Beer bottles, fireworks, dancing in the streets. Floats, confetti, noise beyond safety to the ears.

I was concentrating on the taxi bill since it was a mix of miles and time. Three passengers with bags. Going broke.

Cab driver fired up the local country station and small talk as I watched the cab bill increase.

He asked me if I noticed something strange about the parade. Didn't have a clue. Looked like a hellfire drunken party clogging up the highway.

Cab driver said to look closer. Everyone was a non Mexican caucasian. Not a Hispanic to be seen.

He said the real Mexicans were out in the fields and factories having to work.

Via con Dios...

John
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1