Rapture Pro, Rapture Session and Dimension Pro on the same machine? Why or why not?

Author
outland144k
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 934
2017/07/10 01:36:19 (permalink)

Rapture Pro, Rapture Session and Dimension Pro on the same machine? Why or why not?

Hi all.

I had a hard disk crash and I'm in the middle of reloading all my programs, etc. Is there a good reason to install Rapture Pro, Rapture Session, and Dimension Pro all on the same machine again? Originally, I did have all three, but that was because of the way they were released. Can anyone think of a good reason to install all three again? I did already install Rapture Pro (and Rapture[the synth]).

Thanks much for any comments!

A tip of the hat, BTW, to Jim Roseberry for the machine fix. It's looking good.

“Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy” is attributed to Benjamin Franklin perhaps in error, but the thought remains a worthy sentiment nonetheless.

2 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Rapture Pro, Rapture Session and Dimension Pro on the same machine? Why or why not? 2017/07/10 01:53:49 (permalink)
    The only reasons to install DPro on a machine that will have RPro installed are
    1) you plan on opening existng projects that use DPro
    2) you want to use the virtual B3 that came with one of the DPro expansion packs. RPro can play the DPro virtual B3 programs but there is no way to use the features that depend on the DPro UI such as the drawbars and leslie speed. There may be other programs that use advanced DPro features like the virtual B3 but my knowledge of the DPro programs is limited. I have not used the synth very much.
    3) you like the DPro UI.

Rapture Session uses a subset of RPro's programs and samples. I cannot think of a reason to install Rapture Session if you plan on installing RPro unless you have already created projects using Rapture Session and need to open them again.
    outland144k
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 934
    Re: Rapture Pro, Rapture Session and Dimension Pro on the same machine? Why or why not? 2017/07/10 04:50:16 (permalink)
    scook
    The only reasons to install DPro on a machine that will have RPro installed are
    1) you plan on opening existng projects that use DPro
    2) you want to use the virtual B3 that came with one of the DPro expansion packs. RPro can play the DPro virtual B3 programs but there is no way to use the features that depend on the DPro UI such as the drawbars and leslie speed. There may be other programs that use advanced DPro features like the virtual B3 but my knowledge of the DPro programs is limited. I have not used the synth very much.
    3) you like the DPro UI.

Rapture Session uses a subset of RPro's programs and samples. I cannot think of a reason to install Rapture Session if you plan on installing RPro unless you have already created projects using Rapture Session and need to open them again.

Thanks, Scook. That's kind of like what I thought. The virtual B3 is cool, but I've got NI's Vintage Organs as well and tend to use that for the few times I do need a B3.

“Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy” is attributed to Benjamin Franklin perhaps in error, but the thought remains a worthy sentiment nonetheless.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1