NO SOUND in playback

Author
KennyHughes
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2017/07/18 16:59:41 (permalink)

NO SOUND in playback

I have been fighting for a week to get sound and using Support at Cakewalk is no Cakewalk. 
There reply:Thanks for contacting Cakewalk! Unfortunately, support for legacy products is limited to registration and account information only. Our current line of products include SONAR Artist, Professional, and Platinum. That said, setting up audio should be identical on your new machine as any previous machine that you had run SONAR X1
I have a Dell 7000 Laptop Notebook running Windows 10 Home and the soundcard shows as smartaudio  
Anyway if anyone has a solution I sure would appreciate some help or suggestions.

Back to Mail

Not Spam

Keep as New

Reply All

Forward

Restart IM

Delete

Restore

Spam

More

1 day ago

Edit Draft Re: (Case 352732) Account Support
Cakewalk Customer Service to youshow detailsshow image slideshow
FromCakewalk Customer Service CakewalkCustomerService@cakewalk.comhide detailsTojkhac jkhac@aol.comCc Bcc show image slideshow

Hi Kenny,
Thanks for contacting Cakewalk! Unfortunately, support for legacy products is limited to registration and account information only. Our current line of products include SONAR Artist, Professional, and Platinum. That said, setting up audio should be identical on your new machine as any previous machine that you had run SONAR X1. You'll have to make sure the output device is specified in Preferences (internal sound card or audio interface), and you can check out the Inspector view on your tracks to make sure the inputs and outputs are set correctly (the outputs on each track either going to a master bus feeding the main outputs, or the tracks outputting directly to the main outputs).
For additional assistance using legacy products, please feel free to utilize the or .
Best regards,
Mike Balzarini
Product Support
Cakewalk, Inc.
|
------
PLEASE NOTE: If you have a follow-up question or need more assistance please reply directly to this email without changing the subject. This correspondence is considered confidential and any reproduction for the purpose of public disclosure is forbidden without written permission by the author signed above.

Loading message...  
Print Message (t)

3 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    chuckebaby
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 13146
    Re: NO SOUND in playback 2017/07/18 21:26:38 (permalink)
    A little more info would be helpful. For example:
    - What version of Sonar
    - Have you made certain the Soundcard (Conexant SmartAudio) is checked in Preferences/Devices
    - Have you tried dragging a simple audio track in to Sonar / Opened an old project

The more info better.
    Welcome to the forums.

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
    Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
    Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

KennyHughes
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: NO SOUND in playback 2017/07/18 22:21:14 (permalink)
    thanks for the info  ---   finally got sound today
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1