Thanks for the coments - Here's my Remix

Author
Noah330
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 587
2005/02/04 11:28:41 (permalink)

Thanks for the coments - Here's my Remix

Hi,
First off, thanks for the comments on my new song. I had posted an mp3 a few weeks back and got some much needed feedback. I went back and remixed the song and was hoping to get some input on the new mix. I put a pretty high quality mp3 up becasue my last one was pretty bad. Any comments (good or bad) are appreciated.

For the record - I used a UAD-1 for all the effects except the reverb which was done with a TC Electronics Powercore.

http://www.bigblockmusic.com/t.mp3

Thanks!
Noah

5 Replies Related Threads

zepo1a
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 686
    RE: Thanks for the coments - Here's my Remix 2005/02/04 11:47:17 (permalink)
    A think you need a tad of high eq on the vocals.

the snare just doesnt sound right to me. Might be because it's too loud in the mix.

No cymbals? I think that would make the drum track more alive. esp during the fills.

Zep--
    MofineStudios
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 85
    RE: Thanks for the coments - Here's my Remix 2005/02/04 12:09:00 (permalink)
    Nice song.Reminds me a little of Dire Straights.The drums seem to overpower all the instruments,and vocal.Could barely hear the bass and rythm guitar.Might try pulling the drums back,and bringing the bass, rythm guitar,and vocal out more.I could hear the ld guitar pretty good in areas.The overall volume could also be bumped up a few dbs.I had to bump it up to get a good listen.
    toby
    • Total Posts : 568
    RE: Thanks for the coments - Here's my Remix 2005/02/04 12:10:07 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Noah330

I went back and remixed the song and was hoping to get some input on the new mix. I put a pretty high quality mp3 up becasue my last one was pretty bad. Any comments (good or bad) are appreciated.

Thanks!
    Noah

Hey Noah,

I didn't hear the first drafts but I can say I really enjoyed this tune!
    Love the sound of the guitars. The feel is really well done and your voice is very professional and fits this genre perfectly! Great songwriting!

The only negative I can hear is... the entire mix sounded a bit dull. I can't quite put my finger on it. Also, I'm only listening on headphones but comparing to commercial cd it just doesn't have the top end or punch.

Great song, thanks for sharing!
    Toby
    Dazed
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 665
    RE: Thanks for the coments - Here's my Remix 2005/02/04 20:11:53 (permalink)
    I really liked this track Noah330. I agree with Toby, it sounded a bit dull. I took the liberty of running it through Ozone to see what it would do. I hope you do not mind.

http://www.guitaristworks.com/forum/files/t_remix.mp3
    Noah330
    • Total Posts : 587
    RE: Thanks for the coments - Here's my Remix 2005/02/10 08:59:29 (permalink)
    Thanks for taking the time to do that. I am not sure exactly what OZONE is. Is it like T-Racks or one of those mastering type programs?

It definitly sounds different now. I don't know if I like all the high end on the hats and the amounf of reverb (not sure if reverb was added or if the high eq just brought it out more) but is definitly a different way of doing things.

I want to go back and re-play the guitar part (electric) as this was a second or third take played all the way through. Once I do that, I'll probably run the track through L2 or something to get the track a little louder.

Thanks for the input and your comments!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1