Improving old cassette tapes recorded in Music Creator

Author
moniquetalbot
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2017/07/16 04:24:31 (permalink)

Improving old cassette tapes recorded in Music Creator

I recorded in Music Creator old cassette tapes and I would like to remove the background noise.
Is there any possibility to improve the recording ?

4 Replies Related Threads

THambrecht
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 867
    Re: Improving old cassette tapes recorded in Music Creator 2017/07/16 14:16:22 (permalink)
    We digitaze full time vinyl and tapes and also cassette tapes for thousends of clients.
    Correct the frequency spectrum with an VST equalizer (we think best is Waves Q10 and Voxengo HarmoniEQ )
    The really and "only" way to remove background noise from tapes is iZotope RX with the VST plugin Spectral De-Noise. Its in the Standard version from iZotope RX.
    https://www.izotope.com/en/products/repair-and-edit/rx/rx-standard.html

Noise with -45dB goes down to -70dB. If you want to have it absolut silent, take a gate after the de-noiser, starting at -60dB.
    Then you "learn" the plugin before a record starts to the noise, or between two records where you have 2 seconds of noise. Its called a noise-print. Then apply this de-noiser with this learned noise-settings (noise-print) to the whole tape record. Make a new "noise-print" for every cassette.

We digitize tapes, vinyl, dat, md ... in broadcast and studio quality for publishers, public institutions and individuals.
    4 x Intel Quad-CPU, 4GHz Sonar Platinum (Windows 10 - 64Bit) and 14 computers for recording tapes, vinyl ...

4 x RME Fireface 800, 2 x Roland Octa Capture and 4 x Roland Quad Capture, Focusrite .... Studer A80, RP99, EMT948 ...

(Germany)  http://www.hambrecht.de
    Kalle Rantaaho
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7005
    Re: Improving old cassette tapes recorded in Music Creator 2017/07/18 09:14:05 (permalink)
    If you just want to test something for free, then Audacity is something worth trying. It has a "noise-learn" function.
    It's not as capable as Izotope, but who knows....

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
    The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
    Cactus Music
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8424
    Re: Improving old cassette tapes recorded in Music Creator 2017/07/18 14:32:09 (permalink)
    Don't you still have the original files ( BUN< CWP>WORK? ) for MC?  seems that would be a simple matter of loading the songs and export? 
    If not look to using a Wave Editor, Sound Forge has good tools I got my copy free with a Sony Turntable. It works for LP's.  but the best is said to be isotope. 

Johnny V  
    Cakelab  
    Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
    3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
     http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

interpolated
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 830
    Re: Improving old cassette tapes recorded in Music Creator 2017/07/20 21:19:42 (permalink)
    I think the audacity ones work welll. Although have considered Waves NS1. Izotope RX is going to give you the best all round results for the money. Algorithmix, Sony Oxford (Sonnox) Restoration and Cedar tools exist (I believe that was used to clean up the original master tapes for The Beatles Love Album). Very expensive though. Well the fact you have to request a demo says it all.

I have computer stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/sigmadelta
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1