License QUESTION, 1 YEAR SHOULD MEAN 1 YEAR RIGHT?

Author
Serious_Noize!
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 950
2017/07/20 22:55:57 (permalink)

License QUESTION, 1 YEAR SHOULD MEAN 1 YEAR RIGHT?

So I purchased an upgrade to Sonar Artist and per the agreement I get 1 year upgrades, a couple months later I get an offer to upgrade to Sonar Pro, and I purchased that.  Meaning, why am I not getting 1 year on Sonar Artist and a second year on Sonar Pro where upgrades go?  It's an issue for me because I have had issues with using the software and my upgrade supposedly ran out in June.

I fixed the problem myself, by CHASTISING my entire computer of everything but Sonar PRO, but making two purchases being told I would get 1 year on EACH should give me 2 years of upgrades, NOT 1 Year and 2 months. 

Either way, I will voice my opinion right now about this new SONAR upgrade policy. It used to be I could upgrade for 199 dollars, now it's 300 dollars, and while I realize there are new owners, apparently they don't give a crap either where their pricing goes because I got an Email saying "SAVE 100 DOLLAR UPGRADING TO PLATINUM BEFORE JULY 31'st" and of course above it, it said new users, but that's sort of deceptive, my price as of now is 300 when it used to be 199 which I was seriously considering purchasing, but now considering the situation with my UPGRADES and account and it not being honored AS IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN, 1 ITEM 1 YEAR next ITEM 1 YEAR then you tell me why I should bother upgrading at this point? 

I have been a loyal Cakewalk customer for some time, my account might not reflect it, but I've purchased MC4/MC5/MC7/Sonar Artist/Sonar Pro, and I can't help but feel like I was left on the curb where this whole upgrade situation goes. I should have had 2 YEARS of upgrades NOT JUST 1 PER SOFTWARE. I'm sure someone will come back and say "Yeah you get 1 year of Sonar Artist and 1 Year of Sonar Pro", DUH, but the thing is ALL I HAVE HEARD IS THEY ARE THE SAME CORE ENGINES. So does this mean I'm better to use the cheaper stuff Sonar offers rather than the higher priced stuff I paid for? 

Yeah, I'm rather ticked considering my report about crashing on this very forum was DELETED and REMOVED specifically on things I mentioned. 

Either way, I'll remain loyal to the software. I really do like this software, but I feel like someone in my position who actually has to SAVE MONEY to buy the software got left out on the curb and thrown to the wolves in this upgrade policy. 

Say what you want, But I would rather hear from CAKEWALK REPS not USERS. And yeah, I've tried contacting them, but considering their SUPPORT POLICY, NO RESPONSE but yet I get Synth offers all the time, Hell I am a guitarist not a fake NEW SYNTH ARTIST. 

Either way.............  No I don't feel better mentioning this. But I felt the need so there it is. 

Dell XPS 8700, 16GB's Ram, Sonar Platinum.

6 Replies Related Threads

dwardzala
    Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1470
    Re: License QUESTION, 1 YEAR SHOULD MEAN 1 YEAR RIGHT? 2017/07/20 23:47:20 (permalink)
    So you paid for a year of artist upfront and then paid for a year of professional upfront (i.e. not monthly payments)?  If so, I think you are entitled to you two years.  I would post in the store forum.  Cake staff frequent there often.

Dave
    Main Studio- Core i5 @2.67GHz, 16Gb Ram, (2) 500Gb HDs, (1) 360 Gb HD
    MotU Ultralite AVB, Axiom 49 Midi Controller, Akai MPD18 Midi Controller
    Win10 x64 Home
    Sonar 2017.06 Platinum (and X3e, X2c, X1d)

Mobile Studio - Sager NP8677 (i7-6700HQ @2.67MHz, 16G Ram, 250G SSD, 1T HD)
    M-Box Mini v. 2
    Win 10 x64 Home
    Sonar 2016.10 Platinum

Check out my original music:
    https://soundcloud.com/d-wardzala/sets/d-wardzala-original-music

interpolated
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 830
    Re: License QUESTION, 1 YEAR SHOULD MEAN 1 YEAR RIGHT? 2017/07/21 00:09:39 (permalink)
    Two different licenses. So they should expire at the Times agreed at the time they were purchased.

I have computer stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/sigmadelta
    dwardzala
    Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1470
    Re: License QUESTION, 1 YEAR SHOULD MEAN 1 YEAR RIGHT? 2017/07/21 00:14:37 (permalink)
    Agree with your point interpolated, but I think the Bakers have fixed this issue in the past for people as it is unlikely someone would need to buy two licenses.

Dave
    Main Studio- Core i5 @2.67GHz, 16Gb Ram, (2) 500Gb HDs, (1) 360 Gb HD
    MotU Ultralite AVB, Axiom 49 Midi Controller, Akai MPD18 Midi Controller
    Win10 x64 Home
    Sonar 2017.06 Platinum (and X3e, X2c, X1d)

Mobile Studio - Sager NP8677 (i7-6700HQ @2.67MHz, 16G Ram, 250G SSD, 1T HD)
    M-Box Mini v. 2
    Win 10 x64 Home
    Sonar 2016.10 Platinum

Check out my original music:
    https://soundcloud.com/d-wardzala/sets/d-wardzala-original-music

interpolated
    Re: License QUESTION, 1 YEAR SHOULD MEAN 1 YEAR RIGHT? 2017/07/21 00:18:16 (permalink)
    Unless you are upgraded at a reduced cost. For example, minus the cost of the months you never used under the older license.

I have computer stuff.

interpolated
    Re: License QUESTION, 1 YEAR SHOULD MEAN 1 YEAR RIGHT? 2017/07/21 07:47:35 (permalink)
    Going on what has been said, it's down to licensing terms. However the cost of artist versus Platinum is quite a large scope. For all the time, I've been into DAW software...I've always went for the top tier version as it covers all possibilities.  Sure there is a steep learning curve at first however once you start using more of the professional features it means any other versions below it have also been learnt at the same time.

I have computer stuff.

azslow3
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3297
    Re: License QUESTION, 1 YEAR SHOULD MEAN 1 YEAR RIGHT? 2017/07/21 11:50:46 (permalink)
    Serious_Noize!
     I should have had 2 YEARS of upgrades NOT JUST 1 PER SOFTWARE. I'm sure someone will come back and say "Yeah you get 1 year of Sonar Artist and 1 Year of Sonar Pro", DUH, but the thing is ALL I HAVE HEARD IS THEY ARE THE SAME CORE ENGINES. So does this mean I'm better to use the cheaper stuff Sonar offers rather than the higher priced stuff I paid for? 

When you upgrade, you get updates as long as new product has validity. So, if you buy Artist in April and upgrade to Pro in June, you get updates (for Pro) till June.
    That is rather logical: you have bought Artist in April and have updates till April, than you get Pro in June and have updates till June. You still can a kind of use your Artists "updates" till April, since Pro has everything Artist has.

If you see that Pro, upgraded in June, has validity till April only, so till original Artist expires, Contact CW. Note that they are allowed to refuse the prolongation, that was UPGRADE, not new purchase. But they are kind, they normally give users "a bit more" than required strictly.

What you claim is like: "I pay for Artist, next day I upgrade it to Pro and I should have 2 years of Pro!" That is obviously false, you can not use Pro longer than you have payed for it, irrelevant what you had before. When you pay for one year MORE Pro membership (so PROLONG, NOT UPGRADE) before your current membership is expired, the time is added to your current membership. I hope you understand the difference.

Yeah, I'm rather ticked considering my report about crashing on this very forum was DELETED and REMOVED specifically on things I mentioned. 

There are only 2 known cases when posts in this forum are removed: if the post is violating forum rules or by spam filter (sometimes fast positive).

Say what you want, But I would rather hear from CAKEWALK REPS not USERS.

The wish to not get response from users on users (only) forum is odd. If you do not want get replies from users, do not write them. That easy.

It used to be I could upgrade for 199 dollars, now it's 300 dollars

My first VW Passat was 24k DM (€12k) when it was new. My current VW Passat I have bought when it was 3 years old, for €12k. Prices can change over time.

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
    GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
    RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
    www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1