Has Anyone Used LinPlug SaxLab?

Author
maxthecat
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 647
2006/11/02 21:22:12 (permalink)

Has Anyone Used LinPlug SaxLab?

I was wondering if anyone uses LinPlug SaxLab, and if so what they thought of it? They do have a demo version but I don't even want to load it to test if it's lame. I recently loaded FXpansion's Orca and it cause serious issues with my VST Adapter folder and I had trouble with my plug ins (in fact lost them all at one point, and also lost scanning ability but was able to finally fix it) so now no more loading unless I know it's worth the risk.

11 Replies Related Threads

Jesse G
    Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4282
    RE: Has Anyone Used LinPlug SaxLab? 2006/11/10 17:47:03 (permalink)
    I use the Linplug Sax lab Demo and I really like it a lot. The Demo version makes an annoying sound so that you can't record a full track using the product. However, I discovered that by freezing the track, you won't hear the anoying sound so the sax parts play without interruption.

I still use the Demo and upon freeze and playback, you would never know it's the Demo.

Peace

Peace,
    Jesse G. A fisher of men  <><
    ==============================
    Cakewalk and I are going places together!

Cakewalk By Bandlab, Windows 10 Pro- 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI, Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Processor, Crucial Ballistix 32 GB Ram, PNY GeForce GTX 750, Roland Octa-Capture, Mackie Big Knob, Mackie Universal Controller (MCU), KRK V4's, KRK Rockit 6, Korg TR-61 Workstation, M-Audio Code 49 MIDI keyboard controller.[/
    rictheobscene
    • Total Posts : 642
    RE: Has Anyone Used LinPlug SaxLab? 2006/11/11 17:58:47 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Jesse G

I use the Linplug Sax lab Demo and I really like it a lot. The Demo version makes an annoying sound so that you can't record a full track using the product. However, I discovered that by freezing the track, you won't hear the anoying sound so the sax parts play without interruption.

I still use the Demo and upon freeze and playback, you would never know it's the Demo.

Peace

So, you are stealing the software. Nice.

Of course, I bet you are the first to scream copyright infringement if one of your songs appear on an illegal P2P network.

If you use the plug, buy the bloody thing.

maxthecat
    RE: Has Anyone Used LinPlug SaxLab? 2006/11/11 18:50:39 (permalink)
    I have to say I agree with Ric Jesse. I do have their demo version, but would not use it in the manner you suggest, thats stealing from the hardwork of others, and do not agree with that. I have done some additional research in the last few days and have gone ahead and purchased a license version of SaxLab. When I went to load it to my VST folder I was unable to, and I received a screen message with a list of possible reasons that the plug would not load (one of them being insufficient memory, not likely as I have 4gigabytes install and the system is an AMD 4400+ X64 dual processor (way more then fast enough for any plug). I could have proceeded but risked creating instability in my system. This is very annoying and now will of course lead to a series of emails which I hope will resolve the issue, but using someone elses software without license ain't they way I do things. As Ric said, how would you like it if some stole one of you songs and made money off it?

Has anyone else purchased a licensed verion of SaxLab and experience install issues?
    post edited by maxthecat - 2006/11/11 19:10:45
    rictheobscene
    • Total Posts : 642
    RE: Has Anyone Used LinPlug SaxLab? 2006/11/11 19:45:16 (permalink)
    I am sorry Max, I forgot to add my reply to your question.

SaxLab is a sample-based sax VSTi. The sample quality is very good, and you do have some 'expression' control over the instrument.

As for the installation issue, is this an error generated by the SaxLab installer, or is this an error generated by the VST Adpter used by Project 5?

If it is an installer error, make sure you have the latest version of the Windows Installer (3.1 I believe).

I did not mean to hijack your thread with an anti-piracy sermon, but I take it very serious. I have worked with many developers from the different independent VST houses, many of whom I have come to consider as friends. They struggle to provide a useful and efficient product at a fair price. For someone to post a method to defeat a demo restriction on a music software developer's site is incorrigible.
    maxthecat
    RE: Has Anyone Used LinPlug SaxLab? 2006/11/11 23:55:25 (permalink)
    Ric, thanks for your reply, and no I don't feel you hijacked my thread, what was said is truth and needed to be said. Funny there was just a thread over on the Sonar forum (I own Sonar 5 SE) about software piracy and most people agree it is not acceptable behavior.

As to the install issue. Well, SaxLab and the update file both seem to install just fine, but when I go to update Cakewalk VST 4 adapter (I always do a scan for new plugs after installing a new one so the VST folder is updated) I get the following message box:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The failure point was reported as: Close Effect

Likely caused of this error are:

* The plug-in is not installed correctly
    *Your computer is low on memory or other resources (this one is not likely since I have 4 gigabytes of memory on my sys)
    *There is a problem with the plug-ins copy protection
    *The plug-in is incompatible with the application
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe I installed correctly. I downloaded the application and the update file (both the latest ones on the Linplug site). I burned a copy to CD-RW and transfered to my DAW (I do not use my DAW to connect to the internet for obvious reasons). Transfered the files to the DAW and put the file in my programs folder. I double clicked the exe. file and it started to install and indicated that it was installing to the correct folder i.e. the VST 4 Adapter folder where all my plugs reside, I then installed the SaxLab update file, and concluded the install correctly, with the program saying all was good. But when I went to update the VST adapter as previously mentioned I get the message I listed above. I did go back to the site and download another copy thinking that just maybe it was corrupted in either the data transfer process over the internet or during burn to CD-RW, but had the same result with the 2nd copy. I'm stumped and have emailed Linplugs about this. Can't say I'm not very disapointed since I was very much looking forward to using it this weekend. Hope this can be resolved.

I don't understand what you mean by latested Windows installer 3.1. Is that something I would need to get from Microsoft and add to my system. As the DAW has not had any systems software updates since I purchased it back in December 2005 that might be it. What do you think?

Thanks in advance for any help.

All the best,

Glenn

xylyx
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2505
    RE: Has Anyone Used LinPlug SaxLab? 2006/11/12 02:23:39 (permalink)
    Have you tried a complete rescan with the adapter? Remove all current registry entries with the adapter and then rescan and see what happens. The stupid thing with the adapter is that it can report an error with a particular plugin when it is actually a different plugin causing the problem (experienced this myself with z3ta+ reporting an error, which turned out to be caused by Sytrus).
    maxthecat
    RE: Has Anyone Used LinPlug SaxLab? 2006/11/12 13:41:24 (permalink)
    I did do a complete rescan but without removing any plus first, just checked to two boxes on the app where one says check for failed plugins and the other I think is just a straight rescan. Neither which yeild desire result. But I'll try your suggestion and see if that works.
    Jesse G
    Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4282
    RE: Has Anyone Used LinPlug SaxLab? 2006/11/14 17:27:13 (permalink)
    No, I am using a DEMO version of SAX lab, which is flawed in programming becaue when the track is frozen it doesn't contain the annoying sound.

There is no Cracked version, there is no Warez, there is no Code Revision here. It's the same version that arrived with my Paid Subscription of Future music magazine and was included on the DVD. I read the legal notice and it said that I can't alter or change the demo version. Now, someone tell me about an alteration that I made to the software and I will say without a doubt that I am wrong. But again I say, I am using a DEMO version as designed by the developer without alteration and change.

I use Sonar to freeze the track and the noise is gone. Don't blame me for an error of a silly programmer and developer.

Geez.

If that's the case, then never lend a CD to a friend to listen to. Never let somone borow a DVD to watch, never allow someone to eat off your plate in a restaurant because they didn't pay for the food they are eating did they? Read your license agreements carefully folks and then cast the first stone.

Peace

Peace,
    Jesse G. A fisher of men  <><
    ==============================
    Cakewalk and I are going places together!

Cakewalk By Bandlab, Windows 10 Pro- 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI, Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Processor, Crucial Ballistix 32 GB Ram, PNY GeForce GTX 750, Roland Octa-Capture, Mackie Big Knob, Mackie Universal Controller (MCU), KRK V4's, KRK Rockit 6, Korg TR-61 Workstation, M-Audio Code 49 MIDI keyboard controller.[/
    jmeier
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 449
    RE: Has Anyone Used LinPlug SaxLab? 2006/11/15 23:15:41 (permalink)
    no, i haven't used it.
    ddjolley
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Has Anyone Used LinPlug SaxLab? 2017/07/21 17:16:28 (permalink)
    FWIW, it appears that LinPlug SaxLab has become donation ware.

BTW, I'm looking for someplace that I can purchase a copy of the Mr. Sax T virtual instrument which used to be sold by Sample Modeling.  I'm not familiar with this forum.  Would this be an appropriate place for me to post a request for help finding such a copy?  Thanks.

... doug
    Brando
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2776
    Re: Has Anyone Used LinPlug SaxLab? 2017/07/23 18:04:40 (permalink)
    ddjolley
    FWIW, it appears that LinPlug SaxLab has become donation ware.

BTW, I'm looking for someplace that I can purchase a copy of the Mr. Sax T virtual instrument which used to be sold by Sample Modeling.  I'm not familiar with this forum.  Would this be an appropriate place for me to post a request for help finding such a copy?  Thanks.

... doug

http://www.samplemodeling.com/en/products_sax.php

Brando
    Cakewalk, Studio One Pro, Reaper
    Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL
    ASUS Prime Z370-A LGA1151, 32GB DDR4, Intel 8700K i7, 500 GB SSD, 3 x 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro 64
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1