Helpful ReplyMelodyne Studio 4 on my main PC Only 1 install?

Author
pentimentosound
Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1535
2017/07/25 13:44:18 (permalink)

Melodyne Studio 4 on my main PC Only 1 install?

I've upgraded from the basic Melodyne to Editor and then Studio 4 on my desktop. Why can't I have it on my laptop, too?
Am I missing something? Like I can, but haven't figured out how or what?

SPLAT 4 Life latest....

Thanks
Michael

i7 4790k 4Ghz 16gb+4HDD, Win10, ASUS G74s Laptop i7 2670QM 2.2ghz-16gb, Win10. CbB, Mixbus4, Studio One3 Artist, Z3ta2, RapturePro, GPO5, GS2, EP4, IK TR5, AT4, MP2, Melodyne Stud4, PSP(22), PS kits, BFD2, GA4, 18i20, PreSonus MP20A(BurrBrown), ISA One, Warm Audio WA76, ADK Thor, M160, RAB1, MA200, MA101fet, E100s, e835, EquatorD5, YSM-1, GoldDigger, CherryPicker, Kurz K2500, Aura Spectrum, ControlPad, PRRI, 17 ac & elec gtrs-mandos+bass, lap steels, banjo, fiddle, harmonicas+perc
TerraSin
Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1975
Re: Melodyne Studio 4 on my main PC Only 1 install? 2017/07/25 15:09:22 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby pentimentosound 2017/07/25 16:38:54
You get two licenses with Melodyne. It's one of those licenses you can lose if you're not careful and remember to deactivate it before you format or something along those lines so be careful with it. You'll need to get your second on the Melodyne site.

I attached one of mine to my iLok because I lost one on a previous version in a format because I didn't realize this.
LAGinz25
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 142
Re: Melodyne Studio 4 on my main PC Only 1 install? 2017/07/25 15:45:40 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby pentimentosound 2017/07/25 16:38:56
I thought it was one license, but you can download and activate on two computers ala some Toontrack stuff. I've always had Melodyne 4 on two computers with no I lock.
pentimentosound
Re: Melodyne Studio 4 on my main PC Only 1 install? 2017/07/25 16:41:02 (permalink)
Thanks to both of you. So, I get my other license at their site. I have iLOK Manager and a old version 1 Dongle on my desktop, but that's where my Studio 4 is now.
     Essential is on my laptop apparently, I'll have to check if it's Editor 2 or not.

Michael
bitflipper
01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
  • Total Posts : 26036
Re: Melodyne Studio 4 on my main PC Only 1 install? 2017/07/25 16:56:04 (permalink)
From the EULA:
CELEMONY grants the Licensee – provided that the Licensee complies with all terms and conditions of this EULA – a personal, non-exclusive and non-transferable license, with no right to grant sublicenses, to install and use one copy of the Licensed Software on one personal computer or other device.
...The Licensee is allowed to make one copy of the Licensed Software in machine-readable form for backup purposes only...

Unless I'm misreading the intent of the text, it says you get one instance. (Note: despite the "non-transferable" wording, they do allow you to sell it on.)

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
TerraSin
Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1975
Re: Melodyne Studio 4 on my main PC Only 1 install? 2017/07/25 17:50:40 (permalink)
That's a very odd way to do licenses.
azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: Melodyne Studio 4 on my main PC Only 1 install? 2017/07/25 20:08:41 (permalink)
bitflipper
From the EULA:
CELEMONY grants the Licensee – provided that the Licensee complies with all terms and conditions of this EULA – a personal, non-exclusive and non-transferable license, with no right to grant sublicenses, to install and use one copy of the Licensed Software on one personal computer or other device.
...The Licensee is allowed to make one copy of the Licensed Software in machine-readable form for backup purposes only...

Unless I'm misreading the intent of the text, it says you get one instance. (Note: despite the "non-transferable" wording, they do allow you to sell it on.)

From the Melodyne 4 Introduction.pdf (installed with Melodyne):

The Melodyne license allows you to activate two computers for Melodyne
and use the program on both – your studio computer and your laptop, for
instance.
ILOK (only for the editions “studio”, “editor” and “assistant”)
If you wish, you can transfer one activation to an iLok copy-protection
dongle. For as long as the dongle remains inserted, the computer in question
will be activated for Melodyne – a practical alternative if you are constantly
working on different computers. For details of the iLok, visit www.ilok.com.

Cakewalk also has EULA which is a bit different from FAQ and answers on the forum...

Also I have not seen any single case report when Celemony was "unfriendly" in case of "formatting disk"... But with iLock its a bit different (since another company is involved).

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
LAGinz25
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 142
Re: Melodyne Studio 4 on my main PC Only 1 install? 2017/07/26 20:40:12 (permalink)
bitflipper
From the EULA:

I guess the way I use my stuff, I'm in compliance with that language. I have a main computer and a backup which is basically a mirror image of the main one. I use the mirror image computer if I'm having  some kind of problem or issue with the main computer functioning. I have Melodyne loaded and activated on both.
TheSteven
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2037
Re: Melodyne Studio 4 on my main PC Only 1 install? 2017/07/27 03:57:13 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby pentimentosound 2017/07/27 10:58:28
If you log in on the Celemony web site and go into your account and look under license options you'll see there's two activations per license.

Added the following content:
++++++++++
You are allowed 2 activations per: 
http://helpcenter.celemony.com/editor2/en/singletrack_tour_00.html
  • Two computer-based activations: Melodyne activation is, by default, computer-based; in other words, the activation is tied to the computer upon which it is performed. A Melodyne license entitles you to activate and use Melodyne on two different computers simultaneously, such as your studio computer and your laptop. The activations are managed and granted by our server. You will see how many activation credits you have at any given moment in your myCelemony account as soon as you log in.

on the same page as above:

The iLok Alternative

However, before opting for iLok activation, please bear the following in mind: the iLok system can be used as an alternative to (but not parallel with) computer-based activation.

*bold text is my emphasis 
++++++++++
This was not the same info (regarding iLok activation) that I saw on activation page under my account when I transfered my PC activation to my iLok a couple of weeks ago. 
So while I now see there is a possibility of a 2nd PC based activation on my account - the text that supported that conclusion is no longer there.  

post edited by TheSteven - 2017/07/27 04:27:41

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils" Loius-Hector Berlioz

www.AgitatedState.com MenuMagic - plug-in management powertools!
My Tunes
pentimentosound
Re: Melodyne Studio 4 on my main PC Only 1 install? 2017/07/27 10:59:00 (permalink)
Thanks   I'll give that a go.
Michael
pentimentosound
Re: Melodyne Studio 4 on my main PC Only 1 install? 2017/07/27 15:31:47 (permalink)
Entering my Studio 4 serial # brings "error invalid serial number"  and I see no other way to get a 2nd computer activated.... YET.

This is from the manual

"Important Information Regarding Activation

The first time you launch Melodyne, the Activation Assistant appears. If you purchased your Melodyne from our Web Shop, a single click in the Assistant is all that is required and your Melodyne will be activated and ready to use. If your Melodyne came in a box, the Assistant will guide you through all the steps that are necessary for registration and activation. The activation is performed on line. If your computer is not connected to the Internet, the Assistant will propose a method of activating the program offline.
You can reach the Activation Assistant whenever you need to via “License ...” in Melodyne’s Help menu. All the options offered by the Assistant are explained in the Assistant itself. The following sections explain how these options relate to one another as well as providing important background information regarding activation. Please read them through carefully as they are concerned directly with such questions as when, why and how often you can install and use Melodyne on computers.
  • Two computer-based activations: Melodyne activation is, by default, computer-based; in other words, the activation is tied to the computer upon which it is performed. A Melodyne license entitles you to activate and use Melodyne on two different computers simultaneously, such as your studio computer and your laptop. The activations are managed and granted by our server. You will see how many activation credits you have at any given moment in your myCelemony account as soon as you log in.
  • Deactivating a computer: We allow you complete control over the allocation of your activation rights by allowing you the option also of deactivating computers. Suppose, for example, that you have already activated Melodyne on two computers but wish to use a third one temporarily. No problem: all you have to do is deactivate one of the computers currently activated. This will free up one activation credit, which will then be transferred to our server. You can use this then to activate the third computer. If, later, you wish to go back to your original pairing, just deactivate the third computer and reactivate the one you deactivated earlier. "
I only seem to have one computer activation. Clicking on options hasn't offered any other "option" yet.
Michael

azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: Melodyne Studio 4 on my main PC Only 1 install? 2017/07/27 18:49:41 (permalink)
Hm.... Visit Celemony site. Login there. You should see "User account" page.

Have you downloaded Melodyne using "Download" button? If not, download it this way. You get the installer which "knows" you then.

Near "Download", there is "License options" button. Click on it. You should get a page with related information, in particular with "Activation 1" (computer, date) and "Activation 2" (unused).

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
pentimentosound
Re: Melodyne Studio 4 on my main PC Only 1 install? 2017/07/27 20:14:22 (permalink)
I must have downloaded there, when upgrading to Studio 4 from Ed 2. I do have the My Account page with Activation 1 and Activation 2 unused.

I have inserted my Studio 4 serial # into Activation 2 but get "invalid serial number".
I'm using my serial from that page BTW
Michael
post edited by pentimentosound - 2017/07/27 20:49:52
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1