How do I enter the required code int the software for a product past the expiration ? I d

Author
opus1
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2017/07/28 20:20:32 (permalink)

How do I enter the required code int the software for a product past the expiration ? I d

How do I enter the required code int the software for a product past the expiration ?  I don't know how to get where I'm going.  And
 Is there a manual  for the M1075 Keyboard Controller?

5 Replies Related Threads

jimfogle
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 463
    Re: How do I enter the required code int the software for a product past the expiration ? 2017/07/30 17:53:50 (permalink)
    opus1,

Welcome to the forum.  We need more information so we can understand your problem and help you.

Do you mean the First Act M1075 54 key keyboard?  If so, documentation available on First Act's website does not indicate it can be used as a midi controller.

What is the name of the software that you want to enter an expired code into?

Jim F
    Cakewalk by Bandlab (CbB)
    Sonar Home Studio V23.9.0 build 32
    Music Creator 6
    Band-in-a-Box, Audacity, ChordPulse
    Win 7, i3 cpu, 8Gig ram, 480 Gig Dell Laptop
    http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

opus1
    Re: How do I enter the required code int the software for a product past the expiration ? 2017/07/31 17:19:30 (permalink)
    First, Thank you for taking an interest in my problem.
    I have photos of the packaging  It is identified as First Act usb Keyboard Controller 54 key KB
    "create your own home recording studio;  uses cakewalk; record, mix edit. and share"

I registered it. But since it is past the registration deadline I was instructed to enter an additional code for old products.  However I could only complete 3 of the 4 required steps as the "box" for the code was greyed out and would not allow entry of code information as the instructions required.

My instructions from cakewalk were... as follows:

enter ..Your registration code to unlock your product is the following:  code numbers given not displayed here"To unlock your Cakewalk product past it's trial period, please enter the above registration code into your software and then click "Complete". This code is case-sensitive and requires the dashes.

I have win 7  so the following is not relevant.    Please note: If you are running Windows Vista or newer, your product may require that you run it as an administrator in order to enter this code. This can be done by right-clicking on your Cakewalk product's icon and selecting "Run as Administrator". If you cannot type your code in or it is not accepted, please try running as an administrator. Please write this registration code down for your records. You can also review your registration details by visiting . Thank you for choosing Cakewalk!

Any solution you can provide will be appreciated.
    regards,
    Michael
    post edited by opus1 - 2017/08/04 11:34:43
    jimfogle
    Re: How do I enter the required code int the software for a product past the expiration ? 2017/08/03 01:49:48 (permalink)
    Michael,

Thanks for your explanation.

I downloaded every keyboard manual I could find on the First Act website.  None provide any information about the software that ships with the keyboards so that didn't help me figure out what software you have.

I did notice though that the keyboard manual is copyrighted 2010.  I use Music Creator 6 and it came out in 2011. so I'm assume you're trying to install something older.

Generally, Cakewalk wants you to contact them to register the software prior to installation.  You provide Cakewalk with the product name and serial number and they will provide you with a registration code.  Both the serial number and registration code are entered during the software installation process.  When you don't enter the serial number and registration code, the software works in demonstration mode for thirty days.

Cakewalk Music Creator registration and support is performed via email.  However Cakewalk support says:  "If you have never received your serial number and registration code, please call Cakewalk Customer Service at 617-423-9004."

The software CD is shipped in a white envelope.  The white envelope has a sticker that provides the software product name (Music Creator 5 LE perhaps?) and the product serial number.

Few Cakewalk software products were tested for use on Windows 8 or 8.1 operating systems.  More information is available here:  https://www.cakewalk.com/...patible-with-Windows-8

Here are step-by-step instructions to install on Windows 7:  https://www.cakewalk.com/...a-x64-or-Windows-7-x64

May I suggest you might have an easier time installing, and be happier using, newer software?  The software you're trying to install is likely at least seven years old, only has email and forum support available, is designed for use with a 32 bit operating system and has not been tested for Windows 8 / 8.1 compatibility.

Cakewalk Home Studio presently costs $49.99.  You can find out more about it here:  https://www.cakewalk.com/.oducts/SONAR-Home-Studio

Jim F
    Music Creator 6

opus1
    Re: How do I enter the required code int the software for a product past the expiration ? 2017/08/04 11:17:18 (permalink)
    I cant thank you enough for taking an interest in my situation.
    The software is in fact Music Creator 5 LE and the mfg date is 2011.

I just noticed that I told you I have win 8.  I actually have Win 7.  I am sorry that I mis-stated that. I hope it was only "Temporary" insanity.

I also got a notice from cake walk today about upgrading; but the registration and code needs to be valid and I'm not sure it would apply to this product anyway.  Any thoughts about that?

Michael
    jimfogle
    Re: How do I enter the required code int the software for a product past the expiration ? 2017/08/04 19:20:41 (permalink)
    Michael,

Obviously using Windows 7 is better than Windows 8 or 8.1 from the standpoint that Cakewalk tested with Windows 7 but did not test with Windows 8 and 8.1.  Note that one of the links I provided gives instructions for installing Music Creator 5 on Windows 7 computers.

I have multiple, Cakewalk products that might be considered "vintage" products including Music Creator 2, Music Creator 3, Music Creator 5 and Music Creator 6.  You've registered your Music Creator 5 LE with Cakewalk so Cakewalk has created a customer account for you.  Your customer account is accessible online.  When you access the "Your Products" page, the page will list the serial number and registration code for all your Cakewalk products.  Once you sign-in, Cakewalk's Knowledge Guide will automatically filter searches to the products you've registered so results specific to those products will climb to the top of the search list.  Online documentation and tutorials also can be prioritized by owned product.

All of that is my long winded way of saying your Music Creator 5 LE should work as designed once you've registered and installed it.  I still believe though you will quickly become frustrated with the limitations inherent in the LE version.

Jim F
    Music Creator 6

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1