Helpful ReplyCoincidences

Author
KenB123
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1229
2017/08/02 15:14:47 (permalink)

Coincidences

Coincidences are usually pretty amusing. I would believe most people have experienced some kind of event in their life. Like thinking of a friend you haven't spoken with in years and suddenly the phone rings and it is that person. Or calling someone and the connection happens without any rings because you both called at the same time. Pretty much, "Hello?" "Ah, hello? Who is this?" And then you both realize what happened. I don't believe any of this to be supernatural occurrences, or of earth-shattering significance. Rather, just amusing events when they occur.

My wife and I had a coincidence the other day. We are planning a trip to the Lake Of The Ozarks, Missouri. I was checking on-line about rentals and such. When finished I sat down to watch TV with her and was mentioning about some information I acquired regarding the Ozarks. While talking I turned on Netflix. To our surprise in the show highlight section of the Netflix homepage, they were advertising a series called "Ozark". I mentioned to my wife of this odd coincidence. I told her this was just a random occurrence. I had no knowledge about this new show. We then decided to check it out. Sure enough, it is a series that takes place in the Lakes Of The Ozarks, Missouri. Follows a family coming from the Chicagoland area (same as us). Fortunately the similarities end there. We are 5-episodes in and it is a good show so far. 

Broken pencils are pointless.

WIN-7 64-bit; Sonar X2A 64-bit; 12GB RAM; ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 MB; Intel Core i7-960; 300GB-OS (10000-RPM); 1TB-Projects (7200-RPM); 1TB-Samples (7200-RPM) 

sharke
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: Coincidences 2017/08/02 16:17:54 (permalink)
The biggest coincidence that's ever happened to me was about 8 years ago when a friend of a friend visited Manhattan from England and my friend put us in touch. Her name was Michelle. We went out for dinner a couple of times and then she went off and did her own thing for a couple of days. At some point I was walking a dog on the Upper East Side when an old lady  stopped me to pet the dog. We got to talking, and she asked me where my accent was from. When I told her Newcastle, she said "oh, I was talking to a young girl in Central Park earlier and she said she was from Newcastle. Lovely girl. Name of Michelle." I asked the women her name, and she said it was Betty. So later I called Michelle and said "Have you been talking to Betty in the park?" Really freaked her out. In a city of 9 million people, this old lady stops to talk to a random girl in the park, and then that same day, all the way across town, she stops to talk to a random guy and it turns out it's a friend of the girl. I really should have put my lottery numbers on that week. 

Another weird thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago, albeit sadly. 20 years ago I worked with this really nice guy for a year or so and we'd have some great conversations on the job. He stood out in the place because everyone else seemed to be a lowlife or ex-con of some kind. Anyway when I left that job I never saw him again. 20 years later he pops into my mind, don't know why. So I figured that maybe I'd look him up on Facebook and get in touch. Trouble is, it's such a generic name that it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. I'm scrolling through hundreds of results, ignoring the ones which don't have a proper profile photo because I don't have time to click through to them all. But then a profile appears with a photo that's just a hand with a wristband on it. I don't know what made me click through to it, but looking through the person's photos I could see it was him. Success! He looks older obviously, and has gained weight, but it was definitely him. So I'm about to send him a "remember me!" message, and noticed all of these "RIP Malcolm" posts on his wall. He'd died the previous day! Couldn't believe it. 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
KenB123
Re: Coincidences 2017/08/02 16:36:00 (permalink)
( Deleted. Double post).

WIN-7 64-bit; Sonar X2A 64-bit; 12GB RAM; ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 MB; Intel Core i7-960; 300GB-OS (10000-RPM); 1TB-Projects (7200-RPM); 1TB-Samples (7200-RPM) 

KenB123
Re: Coincidences 2017/08/02 16:36:00 (permalink)
"20 years later he pops into my mind, don't know why". "He'd died the previous day! "

Whoa! Maybe there is something supernatural to coincidences. That's just weird.

craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: Coincidences 2017/08/03 16:42:20 (permalink)
Here's mine.  These events took place in the late 80's and, interestingly enough, start with a party at Steve Martin's house (yes, the comedian Steve Martin - he wasn't home and the guy house-sitting for him threw a party!).
  • From one of those friend of a friend scenarios, I take a roommate (female) to a party at Steve Martin's house at least 50 miles away from home.  While there, my roommate runs into a guy she had met several years before named Frank Lee and introduces him to me.  ("Wow, that was weird!" she says.)
  • The next week I'm at work (and am one of the few people with the access code to the computer room) so I was surprised to run into someone in there after I entered - it's Frank.  Turns out he fixes hard drives for a living.  ("What were the odds?" I thought.)
  • That weekend I'm at my favorite nightclub and was hanging out with the girl in the shooter booth (who was the best friend of my girlfriend at the time - one of the waitresses).  This girl walks up, starts hitting on me, followed by a guy who says "Hey Craig!  Have you met my ex-wife?"  It's Frank and, apparently, even though they're divorced, he and his ex like to go to clubs together and hit on other people.  ("Ok, this is getting creepy!")
  • The next week, I come home from work and, as I go into my bedroom, who's standing there?  Yep.  Frank.  (WTF??!?!??!?!?!)  Turns out, he and my other roommate (a male) had known each other their entire lives.  In fact, their mothers were in the same hospital a couple of doors apart both giving birth within an hour of each other.  Back then, I had an 18' x 28' bedroom that was mostly a party place with a bar and my roommate had permission to go in to mix drinks and that's exactly what they were doing when I got home.
Now THAT was a bunch of weird coincidences!

But wait, there's one more!  A co-worker friend of mine invited me over to watch a skateboard band that was practicing at his house (Jodi Foster's Army).  When I got there, he had a friend over watching who turned out to be Frank's brother!  

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
paulo
Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6218
Re: Coincidences 2017/08/03 16:47:52 (permalink)
I was just thinking that this must be one of the very few freds that craigb (ITHRN) hasn't posted in.

Spooky!
KenB123
Re: Coincidences 2017/08/03 21:39:11 (permalink)
craigb
Here's mine.  These events took place in the late 80's and, interestingly enough, start with a party at Steve Martin's house (yes, the comedian Steve Martin - he wasn't home and the guy house-sitting for him threw a party!).
  • From one of those friend of a friend scenarios, I take a roommate (female) to a party at Steve Martin's house at least 50 miles away from home.  While there, my roommate runs into a guy she had met several years before named Frank Lee and introduces him to me.  ("Wow, that was weird!" she says.)
  • The next week I'm at work (and am one of the few people with the access code to the computer room) so I was surprised to run into someone in there after I entered - it's Frank.  Turns out he fixes hard drives for a living.  ("What were the odds?" I thought.)
  • That weekend I'm at my favorite nightclub and was hanging out with the girl in the shooter booth (who was the best friend of my girlfriend at the time - one of the waitresses).  This girl walks up, starts hitting on me, followed by a guy who says "Hey Craig!  Have you met my ex-wife?"  It's Frank and, apparently, even though they're divorced, he and his ex like to go to clubs together and hit on other people.  ("Ok, this is getting creepy!")
  • The next week, I come home from work and, as I go into my bedroom, who's standing there?  Yep.  Frank.  (WTF??!?!??!?!?!)  Turns out, he and my other roommate (a male) had known each other their entire lives.  In fact, their mothers were in the same hospital a couple of doors apart both giving birth within an hour of each other.  Back then, I had an 18' x 28' bedroom that was mostly a party place with a bar and my roommate had permission to go in to mix drinks and that's exactly what they were doing when I got home.
Now THAT was a bunch of weird coincidences!

But wait, there's one more!  A co-worker friend of mine invited me over to watch a skateboard band that was practicing at his house (Jodi Foster's Army).  When I got there, he had a friend over watching who turned out to be Frank's brother!  

Six degrees of separation?

bitman
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4105
Re: Coincidences 2017/08/03 22:50:04 (permalink)
My wife and I run a computer service company. A customer we haven't talked to for years or at least for a great while will come to her mind and 100% that happens - they call, that day.

Freaks her out.

She can't control it, i.e force think of someone, and make it happen.
eph221
Max Output Level: -28.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4665
Re: Coincidences 2017/08/05 03:38:44 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby craigb 2017/08/06 16:14:10
Hell, I'd go so far as to say...that we're all spiritually connected, but those that enter our lives even more so.  Whenever you find yourself in an anonymous group in public (airplane, waiting in line for Roger Waters, waiting in line at the supermarket wherever)  you may be connected to those in your immediate  vicinity.    Don't let life's precious moments pass you by, look around you. 

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*
 Is a lumineer a new dental appliance?  

i7 2.5 ghz
32GB RAM
WINDOWS 10
My Ass
Cubase 9.5

Rain
  • Total Posts : 9736
Re: Coincidences 2017/08/05 07:45:26 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby craigb 2017/08/06 16:14:34
It was a fine Saturday afternoon of August 2006 - my then-girlfriend had an appointment with the hairdresser. Before leaving she asked me if I needed anything downtown.

"I'll have a black kitten and a grey kitten" I jokingly replied.

She arrived to the salon and noticed a box in the corner - earlier that week, the owner had rescued a bunch of newborn kittens he'd found in the lot behind his establishment. Two were left - a black one and a grey one.

Of course she brought them back - not only had I asked her, but the guy was going to take them to a shelter at the end of the day because he was closing the place for a few days and he had no one to take care of them kitties.

Cats. They're magic.

TCB - Tea, Cats, Books...
kennywtelejazz
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7151
Re: Coincidences 2017/08/05 19:17:02 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby craigb 2017/08/06 16:15:39
I'm actually one of those people that absolutely Love when Precognitive events take place in my life ..
IMHO ,some of those type of moments and events are some of the best moments and experiences Life has to offer ..

Here's one of mine ,
I had a dog named Lucy that I loved dearly . I had her in my life for 13 solid years .
At the age of 15 it was her time to go , she passed away while I held her in my arms ..( vet came to my home)
I knew that I was not gonna find another dog that I could love as much as Lucy for a long time so I embraced my inner emptiness and remained open to the fact that someday "when ever " the right dog for me would come along ...

A lot of time  was starting to pass so and I found 3 local horses to love groom and spend time with to help me have an outlet.
Also during that alone time my downstairs neighbor had a dog that became my Proxy Dog ...

This woman and her boyfriend used to volunteer at a local animal shelter . One day they approached me and told me there was a dog over at the shelter  they felt was the right dog for me .
I told them I was interested and a funny thing happened ..
Within a day or so I wound up having a dream that had a very large dog in it . In my dream I didn't see the dogs face because he was running around and playing with me real hard with lots of energy .
I do remember saying to my self that this dog in my dream has the coloring of a Cow ....
I kid you not , I went to that shelter with my friends on a day when they volunteered and I  met Duke ...
Sure enough from the side he looked just like the dog I met in my dreams 
Any way Duke is the love of my Life and I'm grateful that this event has happened for the both of us .

all the best ,

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

bitman
Re: Coincidences 2017/08/05 19:48:26 (permalink)
Let's see Duke!
57Gregy
  • Total Posts : 14404
Re: Coincidences 2017/08/06 13:52:02 (permalink)
Air Force basic training, Lackland AFB, TX 1978.
We weren't allowed to talk to the women, even the ones in our own squadron, or when we had KP in the women's sqdrn, except for the hour or 2 after church. So, of course, everyone went to church.
There was this one really cute Airman (doesn't sound right, does it?) named Cindy who was really popular and everyone in my little group was trying to make a date with her for after graduation.
One day she told me that her mother's maiden name was Fields. I asked her where she was from and she replied "Antioch, NC". Well, that's where my father was from.
So the next time I talked to my mother I told her about that, and wondered if we might be related.
She looked into it and discovered that Cindy's mother was my father's cousin. So, Cindy was my cousin, too.
Small world.

Greg 
I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
jamesg1213
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re: Coincidences 2017/08/06 14:17:02 (permalink)
In 2002 we moved from England to SW Scotland (about 400 miles away) Found the house we wanted but it didn't have any land for our horses, so they stayed down in England while we negotiated buying 2 acres from the farmer next door.

Having agreed a deal we called in a local surveyor to measure out the 2 acres. Got chatting to him, told him we had moved from near Cirencester in England. He told us he'd done his training in the Royal Agricultural College just North of Cirencester. 

That got us interested and we asked where he'd stayed while we was studying..he said, ''A little village called Siddington, with some nice folks at a place called Plummer's Farm''

Plummer's farm, Siddington, was where our 2 horses were at that moment, waiting to come up to Scotland, to the field he was measuring out...

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
kennywtelejazz
Re: Coincidences 2017/08/12 12:11:48 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jamesg1213 2017/08/12 14:53:04
bitman
Let's see Duke!

Here's a recent pic of Duke ! he even has his own guitar .

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

jamesg1213
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re: Coincidences 2017/08/12 12:36:27 (permalink)
I love Duke, and he always make me think our dog Rocky may be a tiny distant relative  Here he is in his short-lived stint as a jockey...

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
bitman
Re: Coincidences 2017/08/12 12:48:01 (permalink)
Aw Dukers!

He looks like a great dog.
kennywtelejazz
Re: Coincidences 2017/08/12 14:38:50 (permalink)
jamesg1213
I love Duke, and he always make me think our dog Rocky may be a tiny distant relative  Here he is in his short-lived stint as a jockey...

Hey James that's a really cool picture of Rocky

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

kennywtelejazz
Re: Coincidences 2017/08/18 09:21:51 (permalink)
bitman
Aw Dukers!

He looks like a great dog.

Yes Duke is a great dog ...I feel very lucky to have him

all the best,

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

57Gregy
  • Total Posts : 14404
Re: Coincidences 2017/08/21 14:42:56 (permalink)
So, I'm on FB this morning and someone from my high school group posts "What if Stacy's mom was Jesse's girl and her number was 867-5309?" and I think, what about 'Sylvia's Mother?' and then Sylvia's Mother appears here in another fred.

Greg 
I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
Slugbaby
Max Output Level: -33.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4172
Re: Coincidences 2017/08/21 15:32:48 (permalink)
I was in Antigua about 10 years ago, sitting beside a pool reading a book about a man whose boat sank in the middle of the Atlantic.  Another hotel guest saw the book and asked me if I sailed.  I said no.  He was an avid sailor who had just crossed the ocean himself, and convinced me to try out one of the dinghies at the resort.  I did, reluctantly, and instantly fell in love with the sport.

Last month I did a 4-day non-stop sailboat race (which was much more serious than I'd expected).  The night before the race started, I was at the safety meeting.  The man from Antigua walked over and sat next to me, not recognizing who I was.  I introduced myself, thanked him, and bought him a beer.
I had no idea he was even Canadian, let alone from Toronto!

Sailing has become as much of a passion as music - both have changed my life significantly, and it was incredible to suddenly find myself next to the one person who sent me on such a tangent.  

http://www.MattSwiftMusic.com

Dell i5, 16Gb RAM, Focusrite 2i2 IO, Telecasters, P-bases, Personal Drama for a muse.
Slugbaby
Re: Coincidences 2017/08/21 15:41:06 (permalink)
Coincidence #2.

20 years ago, I worked the midnight shift at a gas station.  You meet the weirdest people, and I ended up with a stalker.  He was possibly dangerous, and I ended up having to call the police to keep him away from me and my friends.   
Anyway, I saw him at a bar one night with his girlfriend, and was shocked that a guy like him could have a beautiful blonde on his arm. She was absolutely stunning, while he was on the lower end of the appearance spectrum.  Anyway, I got over the shock and left the bar before he saw me.

About 5 years later, I met a girl online and we started dating.  On Date 3 or 4, we walked past my old gas station and I commented that I had once worked there.  My beautiful date stopped, her jaw dropped as she said "You're 'A$$*ole Matt'! I've heard about you!" My date was the beautiful blonde that had been on my stalker's arm.

And yes, she ended up being just as crazy and dangerous as him.

Dell i5, 16Gb RAM, Focusrite 2i2 IO, Telecasters, P-bases, Personal Drama for a muse.
kennywtelejazz
Re: Coincidences 2017/08/21 15:57:28 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Slugbaby 2017/08/21 16:31:05
Crazy in the head Good in bed

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: Coincidences 2017/08/21 16:18:24 (permalink)

This always makes me LMAO!

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
Slugbaby
Re: Coincidences 2017/08/21 16:33:53 (permalink)
kennywtelejazz
Crazy in the head Good in bed

Kenny

Absolutely!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYtF2ThS8IQ

Glyn Barnes
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7564
Re: Coincidences 2017/08/21 20:39:29 (permalink)
A couple of days ago I settled down in the studio to listen to James's guitar parts for my current project. There was suddenly a racket, one of the neighbours was using a chainsaw. Chainsaws feature in verse I was listening to the moment it started.

Intel i7 3770K @4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD System disk, 2 x 2TB and 1 x 1TB (with SSD Cache) HDD. Windows 10,  Sonar Platinum. Roland Quad Capture. 
Music - Switchwater on Soundclick
Music - Goldry Bluszco on Soundcloud
Glyn Barnes
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7564
Re: Coincidences 2017/08/21 20:45:16 (permalink)
Back in 1983 I went to see Supertramp at the Olympic Stadium in Amsterdam. During "fools overture" they were showing war clips on a large screen above the stage. The nuclear explosion on the screen synchronised almost perfectly with a huge flash of lightening and clap of thunder. Impressive lightshow!

Intel i7 3770K @4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD System disk, 2 x 2TB and 1 x 1TB (with SSD Cache) HDD. Windows 10,  Sonar Platinum. Roland Quad Capture. 
Music - Switchwater on Soundclick
Music - Goldry Bluszco on Soundcloud
Mesh
  • Total Posts : 27360
Re: Coincidences 2017/09/06 15:53:25 (permalink)
I don't have any coincidental stories, but we  just finish watching "Ozark" (last night)on Netflix and it was very good. We were a bit disappointed that we finished watching all the available episodes.  

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The_Forum_Monkeys
soens
Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5154
Re: Coincidences 2017/09/08 08:42:18 (permalink)
CHF - Where weird people come to share weird coincidences.

Nothing weird about that!

or is there?!
KenB123
Re: Coincidences 2017/09/08 12:00:47 (permalink)
Mesh
I don't have any coincidental stories, but we  just finish watching "Ozark" (last night)on Netflix and it was very good. We were a bit disappointed that we finished watching all the available episodes.  

We were sorry the season ended also. I am hoping for Season-2. All depends on the ratings. Everyone I talk to that watches it seems to like it. 

Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1