Rapture Pro, ACID wav / Rex: fastest way from ACID wavs?

Author
fcarosone
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 241
2017/08/19 17:36:09 (permalink)

Rapture Pro, ACID wav / Rex: fastest way from ACID wavs?

I've tried to drag'n'drop a rex file on a Rapture Pro empty element, in the oscillator area: Rapture pro recognizes it as a multisample, I see that it plays the whole loop at C3 and transposes the whole loop up and down an octave (old style sampling, i.e accelerating and decelerating). Beyond the upper octave, individual slices of the rex file are available, with much fun to play them in a different order (the pitch of each slice is that of the original loop).

Similarly, when I drag'n'drop an acid wav into a Rapture Pro oscillator, again the original loop is played at C3 and again is transposed old style, but the individual slices are not available. This is odd, since Sonar has inside the program a better handling of acid wavs compared to rex, it even has  a Loop Construction View (LCV) capable of saving acid wavs. So, the question is: which is the fastest way to get an individual slice out of an acid wav into a Rapture pro oscillator?
I know that I might cut the clip by hand, save to clip and drag, or save the clip, engage audiosnap and then save separated clips and drag, but it's annoying me that slices are already there in the acid wav, I see them in LCV, so why have I to re-do them? Drag'n'drop of a slice from LCV to Rapture oscillator does not work.

Help please

"Below the realm of the musical note lies the realm of microsound. Sound coalesce, evaporate, and mutate into other sounds" (Curtis Roads)
http://www.carosone.eu/

1 Reply Related Threads

fcarosone
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 241
    Re: Rapture Pro, ACID wav / Rex: fastest way from ACID wavs? 2017/08/26 11:19:03 (permalink)
    After 4 days of no answer, I posted the same question on Sonar forum and it got 12 replies in one day and an answer there:
    1. LCV auditions slices and eventually modifies them to perfection.
    2. In track view, you select the acid audio clip, then the tab key moves the cursor to the individual slices and the S key does the split (at cursor's position).
    3. The individual slices from track view do drag'n'drop to Rapture Pro.

"Below the realm of the musical note lies the realm of microsound. Sound coalesce, evaporate, and mutate into other sounds" (Curtis Roads)
    http://www.carosone.eu/
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1