Problem with Symphobia plugin (Kontakt)

Author
vdvorn
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 126
2017/08/20 02:57:10 (permalink)

Problem with Symphobia plugin (Kontakt)

I need 2 sets of strings in the song: pizzicato and string ensemble. Because I do not know, how to do it in one track, I decided to use two tracks with Sympobia synth.
It worked fine at first, but then I marked, that the second string track started to be silent sometimes. When I make freeze-unfreeze for the track. it starts playing again. The pizzicato track is working good all the time.

Have anybody had the same problem with Symphobia? I didn't find anything about it in the manual...

PS. It was the same story with the Hammond track in my previous song, despite I use the synth only in one track...

8 Replies Related Threads

taccess
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 534
    Re: Problem with Symphobia plugin (Kontakt) 2017/08/20 03:41:29 (permalink)
    There is a bug at the platinum primary input for multi instruments, currently this causes spikes or random silence.
    I have reported this bug and hope there is a fix.
    In the mean time I have a workaround that I am more than willing to share.

Try and Use 1 x multi per instance of kontakt5

1st kontakt5 instance 1st string multi
    2nd kontakt5 instance 2nd string multi

This will also benefit you with more controlled freezing and mute/solo , exclusively per instance.

I hope this helps you.

I thought I might add that the workaround solves the spikes not the random silence, I have experienced the random silence with Ableton rewired and have not had time to look for a workaround. This is also a multi and I believe this bug is affecting people differently at the same location. So Give the kontakt5 single multi workaround a try and see if it helps you.

z800 Dual x5690
    NvME 256gb 950Pro / Win10
    LSI  MegaRaid
    Nvidia 450 GTS
    96GB 1366MHZ
    RME Babyface
    vdvorn
    Re: Problem with Symphobia plugin (Kontakt) 2017/08/20 04:00:53 (permalink)
    taccess
    There is a bug at the platinum primary input for multi instruments, currently this causes spikes or random silence.
    I have reported this bug and hope there is a fix.
    In the mean time I have a workaround that I am more than willing to share.

Try and Use 1 x multi per instance of kontakt5

1st kontakt5 instance 1st string multi
    2nd kontakt5 instance 2nd string multi

This will also benefit you with more controlled freezing and mute/solo , exclusively per instance.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks for the answer. I have Sonar LE, so it is probably not only a Platinum bug. As for the multi, I already marked, that it works, but the sound is different than non-multi.

Is there a possibility to switch between pizzicato and usual string inside one Kontakt track?
    taccess
    Re: Problem with Symphobia plugin (Kontakt) 2017/08/20 04:10:01 (permalink)
    Yes of course you can switch inside one instance .
    If you have 2 groups ( group 1 = 1st string ) + ( group 2 = second string ) inside one instance of kontakt , you can switch between the groups, many different ways , mod wheel , key switching, velocity, etc etc.

Just look on you tube there's a tonne of tutorials regarding this.

z800 Dual x5690
    LSI  MegaRaid
    Nvidia 450 GTS
    96GB 1366MHZ
    RME Babyface
    vdvorn
    Re: Problem with Symphobia plugin (Kontakt) 2017/08/20 04:19:50 (permalink)
    taccess
    Yes of course you can switch inside one instance .
    If you have 2 groups ( group 1 = 1st string ) + ( group 2 = second string ) inside one instance of kontakt , you can switch between the groups, many different ways , mod wheel , key switching, velocity, etc etc.

Just look on you tube there's a tonne of tutorials regarding this.

If I have understood you correctly, I can use 2 tracks with multi option or learn how to switch inside one track?

One more question. I have marked that the string ensemble doesn't reply to velocity changes (pizzicato track does). I wanted to make the string line very softly, but it was the same loud, even with the velocity close to 0. What could it be?
    taccess
    Re: Problem with Symphobia plugin (Kontakt) 2017/08/20 04:22:05 (permalink)
    vdvorn
    It worked fine at first, but then I marked, that the second string track started to be silent sometimes

vdvorn
    Thanks for the answer. I have Sonar LE, so it is probably not only a Platinum bug. As for the multi, I already marked, that it works, but the sound is different than non-multi.

Is there a possibility to switch between pizzicato and usual string inside one Kontakt track?

I am confused ?
    The first " quote" you said that the second string worked and then had random silence !
    Then second quote you are saying you said it worked, but has a different sound!

Regardless if your looking to switch between groups inside one instance the easiest way is a you tube video, this will also be the fastest way for you to achieve this.

On the other hand if  you have 2 x multi in one instance of kontakt , so 1st multi is 1st string and second multi is second string and you are experiencing random silence on the second string then try my workaround to see if it helps.

Good luck !

z800 Dual x5690
    LSI  MegaRaid
    Nvidia 450 GTS
    96GB 1366MHZ
    RME Babyface
    vdvorn
    Re: Problem with Symphobia plugin (Kontakt) 2017/08/20 04:29:51 (permalink)
    taccess
    vdvorn
    It worked fine at first, but then I marked, that the second string track started to be silent sometimes

vdvorn

I am confused ?
    The first " quote" you said that the second string worked and then had random silence !
    Then second quote you are saying you said it worked, but has a different sound!

Regardless if your looking to switch between groups inside one instance the easiest way is a you tube video, this will also be the fastest way for you to achieve this.

On the other hand if  you have 2 x multi in one instance of kontakt , so 1st multi is 1st string and second multi is second string and you are experiencing random silence on the second string then try my workaround to see if it helps.

Good luck !

Well, I marked the disappearance of the sound on the second track, and I tried to use multi. It worked, but the sound was different.
    Actually, I don't know how to have 2 multi in one instance of kontakt. May be I need to search for a good video on YouTube. I you already know such a video, I would be thankful for the link...

One more question. I have marked that the string ensemble doesn't reply to velocity changes (pizzicato track does). I wanted to make the string line very softly, but it was the same loud, even with the velocity close to 0. What could it be?
    taccess
    Re: Problem with Symphobia plugin (Kontakt) 2017/08/20 04:51:44 (permalink)
    vdvorn
    If I have understood you correctly, I can use 2 tracks with multi option or learn how to switch inside one track?

Correct ! and its easy to learn how to switch also !

vdvorn

If you are using 2 x groups inside 1 x instance konatkt:
    Make sure edit all groups is enabled before you add the new velocity modulator.

If you are using 2 x multi in 1 x instance :
    You can add a Midi envelope into the Sonar midi track and control the volume/velocity of the second multi

z800 Dual x5690
    LSI  MegaRaid
    Nvidia 450 GTS
    96GB 1366MHZ
    RME Babyface
    taccess
    Re: Problem with Symphobia plugin (Kontakt) 2017/08/20 05:21:15 (permalink)
    The easiest way that i would suggest to you is to:

1st sting / 1st multi  = Use a separate sonar midi + primary track
    2nd string / 2nd multi = Use an additional separate sonar  midi + primary track

This will suit you better until you dive into kontakt more deeper (:

Multi's are just instruments inside the kontakt instance, so effectively separate instruments and separate midi and primary tracks will be less confusing.

Good Luck!

z800 Dual x5690
    LSI  MegaRaid
    Nvidia 450 GTS
    96GB 1366MHZ
    RME Babyface
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1