I have somehow lost/deleted my master track in a project

Author
brianbridge
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6
2017/09/03 20:46:59 (permalink)

I have somehow lost/deleted my master track in a project

Using Sonar Platinum on Windows 10. When I open a 'new' project cakewalk mastering options seem to be loaded. Not wishing to se them  I deleted the option . This now appears to have removed the master track which does not show up in console track view.
How do I reinsert a master track to the project? Forgive me foe appearing dense in which seems to be a minor malfunction but the help menu does not help and try as I might the project still has no master track.
I would very much welcome advice on how to resolve this.

2 Replies Related Threads

Beepster
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 18001
    Re: I have somehow lost/deleted my master track in a project 2017/09/03 22:39:25 (permalink)
    Please describe "Mastering Options".

Are you using the "Start Screen" pop up window to launch the project/template or "File > Open"?

Note: You can change the default "New" project template (so when you click "New Project" it pops up instead of whatever you have now). You can also save your own template and use it as the default "New Project" template.
    Beepster
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 18001
    Re: I have somehow lost/deleted my master track in a project 2017/09/03 22:46:55 (permalink)
    Okay... rereading (but the above post is still valid/in play) it's sounding more like you have a current project on the go (so templates and whatnot won't help in this case for this project) that you somehow "deleted" or are not seeing your Master bus.

How/where did you "Delete" your "Mastering Options"? (This is just a broader version of the question(s) I asked in the OP)

Do you know what the "Track Manager" is and how to use it (it's in the manual)? Check to see if you just hid it.

What is the termination point of all the tracks/busses in the project set to? Basically what is the last point in the chain in the project BEFORE it heads out to your hardware? Can you HEAR an output through you interface/headphones/etc?
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1