Helpful ReplyMy Live Orchestra Works (Free PDF Scores Inside)

Author
FredericBernard
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6
2017/09/06 23:44:46 (permalink)

My Live Orchestra Works (Free PDF Scores Inside)

Hey guys,

I did some live recordings with the budapest scoring orchestra just a while ago which I'd love to share with you:

----please check the message below for my soundcloud link---

They had just around 25 minutes to record each piece but pretty much nailed it (like the runs in the middle part of Spaghetti Con Brio are really ridiciously hard! Watch them cracking up on those, lol ).

Cheers!
Frederic
post edited by FredericBernard - 2017/09/11 02:21:38
ABull
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1161
Re: My Live Orchestra Works (Free PDF Scores Inside) 2017/09/08 20:21:04 (permalink)
Hey Frederic, you don't have enough posts on the site to be able to include the link so I'll post it for you --

https://soundcloud.com/fredericbernard/sets/live-orchestra

It's refreshing to hear instrumental music written with such rich themes and so well performed. Speaking of performances, I enjoyed your piano work very much.  A Murderous Romance is quite beautiful.  You might keep posting here as this forum recently overflows with instrumental music  -- although you're operating at an altogether different level. ~~ Allan

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
On September 29, 2017 Mr. Ed (aka Bapu & JustAnotherBloke) soiled yet another thread of mine -- this time the thread featuring my song "Stories To Tell".  At that time -- after over the past two years asking him to leave me alone -- I finally posted (in my thread of "Stories To Tell") my thoughts on his musical abilities, such as they are. (I don't post in his threads or those of his jesters.) To whit:

Mr. Ed (Bapu)!   

I'm posting this in the last post I made so as not to bump up my thread.  I have no interest in you Mr. Ed other than keeping you out of my threads.

I don't comment in your threads and up until now I've never commented on your abilities.  But since you keep pushing me hey, let's play:  

1)  Your bass playing is banal.  I'm not a bass player per se but my lines are more interesting than yours. You're average at best. When I first heard your playing I could tell that you don't think like a bassist. (Case in point:  the recent song "Believe" by smallstonesfan in which you played bass.  The bass adds nothing  -- the tone sounds like wood blocks and there is absolutely no fluidity or FUNKINESS in the playing.  That song cries out for funk and you deliver nothing.).  (You wouldn't stand a chance as a session musician in nyc or Nashville -- the thought is laughable).  In your hands ALEMBIC=ANEMIC;

2)  Your singing sounds like every geezer who has tried to sing rock or pop but can't.  Barely in tune with a croaking overlay (even with your lathering on of autotune).  No range, unpleasant tone and very little phrasing ability --  a bad voice. Below average at best.  (I've made a living singing standards & top40 in hotels, lounges, etc. for years (playing guitar & piano.)

3)  Your songs are unmelodic and average.  Your lyrics never make use of metaphor, inner rhyme or anything that is beyond the ability of a kid.  Same with your melodies.  Average at the very best much like an album cut from a third-rate 80s hair band.

4)  Do you honestly think that so many people on this forum have you play or sing on their music because you're the best for the job?  Of course not.  People who've been around for a bit quickly realize that you and your CH buds pretty much control the songs (and CH) forums by virtue of constant posting.  If someone -- like me -- fails to kiss up to you (to get your obligatory Noice! comment -- big deal) then they're not on the team.  Once on the team -- like getting you to plunk some low notes for them -- they're assured that they'll receive good comments and lots of views from you, your buds and most of the newbies who quickly get the gist.

I've asked you many times to stay out of my threads.  You refuse.  I post in threads where there is something I like.  I don't post snark and I certainly wouldn't pick out a video of something I thought was bad and post it in someone else's thread as a negative comment.  Go away.

Okay, I'm tired of punching down...

post edited by ABull - 2018/02/03 22:31:27
FredericBernard
Re: My Live Orchestra Works (Free PDF Scores Inside) 2017/09/08 20:34:34 (permalink)
Hey ABull,

Thanks for that man! (maybe you could also include a hotlink to my website - that would be awesome)

Yes, those orchestral works were a lot of fun to write and record! I'm also planning to do more of these. Still I'm earning the most royalties with my piano work. 

cheers!
Frederic
arlen2133
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 601
Re: My Live Orchestra Works (Free PDF Scores Inside) 2017/09/08 21:21:42 (permalink)
This is pretty amazing stuff!
Love the compositions!  Upbeat and vibrant!
Thanks for sharing.

Arlen
aka
Mr Grant
my music

Cakewalk by Bandlab, Sonar Platinum (2017.09) & X3e , Windows 7 64 bit, Intel I5 3.4 Ghz, 32 Gbs RAM, Saffire Pro40, various pres and VSTi's.

Steve_Karl
Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2534
Re: My Live Orchestra Works (Free PDF Scores Inside) 2017/09/09 12:44:08 (permalink)
Great work! I'm glad Abull linked to it for us.

Steve Karl
https://soundcloud.com/steve_karl
SPLAT 2017.01
FredericBernard
Re: My Live Orchestra Works (Free PDF Scores Inside) 2017/09/10 19:29:32 (permalink)
Thanks guys!!!
bapu
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re: My Live Orchestra Works (Free PDF Scores Inside) 2017/09/10 23:40:28 (permalink)
FredericBernard
(maybe you could also include a hotlink to my website - that would be awesome)

How would he know what your website is to link it?
jamesg1213
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re: My Live Orchestra Works (Free PDF Scores Inside) 2017/09/11 16:12:48 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bapu 2017/09/11 16:14:56
bapu
FredericBernard

It's in his profile on Soundcloud.

http://fredericbernardmusic.com

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
bapu
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re: My Live Orchestra Works (Free PDF Scores Inside) 2017/09/11 16:24:20 (permalink)
jamesg1213
bapu
FredericBernard

It's in his profile on Soundcloud.

http://fredericbernardmusic.com

Dinnit look hard enuf. 
ABull
Re: My Live Orchestra Works (Free PDF Scores Inside) 2017/09/17 20:39:59 (permalink)
It's telling how this thread has been ignored....so just for kix, let's bump this actual first-rate instrumental work.
ABull
Re: My Live Orchestra Works (Free PDF Scores Inside) 2017/09/20 15:53:45 (permalink)
bump the best...
bjornpdx
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 759
Re: My Live Orchestra Works (Free PDF Scores Inside) 2017/09/20 17:45:35 (permalink)
Wow, very rousing music. Reminds me a bit of Danny Elfman.
I'm impressed by your composing and orchestration skills and the orchestra members' talent.
I'm also impressed that you're making money writing music.

Yeah, a bit different from the usual songs posted here. I'm guessing you didn't use Sonar anywhere, not that that matters. I can only imagine what it takes to record an orchestra, not only the technical side but also working with all those musicians.

Bjorn
soundcloud.com/orygun
www.bjornfredrickson.com
https://store.cdbaby.com/Artist/BjornFredrickson

Purrfect Audio Pro Studio, RME UCX
Cakewalk by Bandlab,  Studio One,  Reaper
FredericBernard
Re: My Live Orchestra Works (Free PDF Scores Inside) 2017/09/20 21:54:25 (permalink)
Thanks Bjorn and all the others!

Yes - Danny Elfman was actually another inspiration for writing this, while Powell's or Alan Menken's instrumental tracks were too.

It's indeed a lot of work to write such music. For each orchestral cue I needed about 3-4 months in writing time (while working on Mr Alice and Spaghetti Con Brio simiultaneously for about 6 months). Especially the orchestration/arranging process, but also the music editing after the recordings certainly took a while. In general going live is always great and absolutely worth it (especially if you got a great orchestra "under your fingertips")!

best,
Frederic
Wookiee
Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
  • Total Posts : 13306
Re: My Live Orchestra Works (Free PDF Scores Inside) 2017/09/24 11:09:17 (permalink)
Impressive capture of the orchestra, nice work sir, thanks for sharing. 

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1