Helpful ReplyMy track changed keys and I'm not sure why.

Author
kematocha
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2017/09/07 23:27:18 (permalink)

My track changed keys and I'm not sure why.

I own the latest Sonar Artist. I am still learning all the in's and out's of this program. This is my first experience with a DAW, although I am no stranger to a soundboard both digital and analog.
I currently am working on a demo for myself as a singer. I am using prerecorded backing tracks and recording my vocals doing all necessary processing and bouncing the tracks. I have one track that I'm not sure exactly what happened but it now plays back about a half step down. It hasn't been bounced yet so it's still in multi-track form. I just would really like to figure out what I did, it's not really a big deal to re-record it, just want to figure out what I did so I know how to correct it in the future on more critical projects. 
Thanks

slartabartfast
Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5289
Re: My track changed keys and I'm not sure why. 2017/09/08 18:01:42 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby kematocha 2017/09/11 17:12:56
It probably also plays slower as well, but that is more difficult to appreciate sometimes. This is the classic case of a data set with a 48 K sps sample rate playing back at 44.1 sps. As to why it is happening, that may be a little tricky. The first place to look is to see if some other application has re-set the sample rate on your audio interface driver. 
kematocha
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: My track changed keys and I'm not sure why. 2017/09/11 17:16:28 (permalink)
slartabartfast
It probably also plays slower as well, but that is more difficult to appreciate sometimes. This is the classic case of a data set with a 48 K sps sample rate playing back at 44.1 sps. As to why it is happening, that may be a little tricky. The first place to look is to see if some other application has re-set the sample rate on your audio interface driver. 

Thank's for your reply, you hit the nail on the head on this one. I am not sure what program changed the settings but I suspect Serato DJ. I haven't been able to duplicate it but at least now I know how to correct it.
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1