potential problem i stumbled upon today whilst using Z3ta 2

Author
Jonathan Dozesoph
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2017/09/11 16:50:24 (permalink)

potential problem i stumbled upon today whilst using Z3ta 2

Hi all

I got to try out Z3ta 2 today in a friends studio.i haven't used z3ta since it was developed by RGC Audio and when i did use it back then i was a pedestrian sound designer at best.my friend showed me it and what it is capable of but he's not the greatest sound designer either and he wanted me to show him how to use some of the deeper features (like making your own "wavetables")this is the problem i stumbled upon.i've never tried this in the first z3ta so cannot confirm whether or not the issue is solely with whatever methods are used to create the wavetables.let's say you make a reece sound of some sort and you want to shift the formants around a bit so you make it slightly longer than a one cycle e.g 4000samples.there seems to be an issue with how the waveshapers behave on imported wavetables and one cycles,none of the functions work properly.for example,the waveform axis just produces DC and makes the waveform quieter (it is also visually displayed as just a rectified triangle with zero detail when shifted off th centre axis)also some other parameters like the filters(waveshaper filters,not voice/global filters),wave,offset,bitreduction,twist and warp basically either do nothing or produce silence.is there some specific method that is required to get  the waveshapers of custom  "wavetables" (i'm putting it in commas because i find that z3tas wave import to be a stretch of the common definition of a wavetable)to behave like they do on z3ta's bundled import waves and the stock waves?

If i can get this working the way i want it to i am looking to purchase Z3ta 2 as it is currently pretty cheap,but there is no mention of this in the manual (just guidelines for sample length)or here,KVR etc

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks Again

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1