"Power Trip" (Rock Video)

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Bob Oister
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2766
Re: "Power Trip" (Rock Video) 2017/11/01 08:37:27 (permalink)
eph221:

Hi, David,

Thank you very much, I truly appreciate you taking time to check out the video, and also your encouraging comment!

By the way, your new classical guitar instrumental, "Antonio Lauro" was excellent, really good stuff!

Thanks again and have a great week!
Bob

--------------------------------------------------------------

daryl1968:

Hey, Daryl, how are you brother?  I hope you're doing well and getting comfortable in your new home in Wales!

Thanks so much for having a look at the video and for your very kind words!

It's really great to see you back in action here on the forum, and I'm looking forward to hearing more of your great music soon!

Best wishes!
Bob

---------------------------------------------------------------

Mesh:

Hey, Mesh, how are things in the sunny south, buddy?  Hope you've been doing great and cranking out some monster guitar stuff while I've been gone!

Sincere thanks for the kind welcome back, and also for checking out the video and your encouraging comments.  I always look forward to your input and ideas on my stuff, and truly appreciate your friendship here on the forum!

Many thanks, Mesh, and have a Rockin' week!

Bob

------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob Oister
Re: "Power Trip" (Rock Video) 2017/11/03 21:17:13 (permalink)
Beagle:

Hey, Reece,

Thank you very much, buddy, I'm really glad that you liked the video and always look forward to and appreciate your good input on my stuff!

It's great to see that so many of the extremely helpful forumites from a few years back are still around on the forum making and sharing great music! 

Many thanks, Beegs, and have a fantastic weekend! 

Bob

cw589
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: "Power Trip" (Rock Video) 2017/11/06 19:57:21 (permalink)
Nice....  The music & video rocks...  What software are you using for the backround video?  Enjoyed it.

evadianepug
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4477
Re: "Power Trip" (Rock Video) 2017/11/06 22:56:22 (permalink)
Powerful!  Could I possible have seen this one before?  I don't remember you but I always remember women!  LOL. I too have been away with business and health reasons.  Resolved and we hope to be back more regularly.  You really put a spin on the beat of this one.  Just when I thought your drummer (good lookin guy) was losing it, it stuck it to me.  Nicely done! 

Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. (GK Chesterton

Warren (Pug) Willingham
THE PUGTONES
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=919339&content=music
SonarX3
Bob Oister
Re: "Power Trip" (Rock Video) 2017/11/07 22:01:58 (permalink)
ABull:

Hi, Allan,

Thank you very much, I really appreciate you checking it out and your encouraging comments!

I'm grateful for your comments on the mix, especially the "turned up loud" part.  I'm always trying to keep the dynamic range in control so it still sounds good cranked up to where it's supposed to be played for hard rock and metal. 

LOL, you're right about the girls dancing in my videos, I'm always hoping they'll get most of the visual attention and distract viewers away from my ugly mug! 

Thanks again and have a Rockin' week!

Bob

============================================================

dougk1824:

Hi, Douglas,

Thanks a lot, buddy, I really appreciate you taking time to check it out for me, and also the very kind words!

Yep, sometimes I can't help channeling a little touch of EVH or Satch on my solos, although I try hard not to overdo it, LOL! 

I'm really grateful that you gave it a listen and that you liked the video! 

Have a good one!

Bob

=============================================================

Bob Oister
Re: "Power Trip" (Rock Video) 2017/11/08 14:46:59 (permalink)
stevec:

Hey, Steve, it's great to hear from you, buddy!

Thank you so much, I really appreciate you checking out the video and your very kind words!

I always look forward to and greatly appreciate your input and support on my stuff here on the forum. 

Have a good one, Steve!

Bob

Bob Oister
Re: "Power Trip" (Rock Video) 2017/11/10 08:20:35 (permalink)
String Jammer:

Hey, Scotty, how are you, brother?  Hope you're doing great, it's really good to see you back around on the forum! 

Big thanks for checking out the video and for your good input and comments, always much appreciated!

The tongue in cheek "Power Trip" I tried to portray in the video was more about the force of nature an angry woman can be, as opposed to nature itself.  So, that led to the black clouds, lightning storm and the PO'd chick throwing the smart phone and bursting up out of the street pavement like King Kong with a bullhorn!  LOL, that'd be enough force of nature for me!  Your volcano suggestion would've actually worked great with this, wish I thought of that one!

Thanks again, Scotty, I always look forward to your input and ideas on my stuff, and I'm always grateful for your friendship and support here on the forum!

Have a fantastic Veterans' Day weekend, buddy! 

Bob

Bob Oister
Re: "Power Trip" (Rock Video) 2017/11/14 22:04:16 (permalink)
cw589:

Hi,

Thanks so much for taking time to check out the video and for your very kind words of encouragement!

I use Vegas Pro for most of my music video production and editing because the way it works is very similar to how Sonar works, which greatly speeds up the workflow.

Thanks again for watching the video and commenting, much appreciated, that's what makes this forum such a great place! 

Have a good one!

Bob

Bob Oister
Re: "Power Trip" (Rock Video) 2017/11/16 23:04:19 (permalink)
evadianepug:

Hey, Warren, how the heck are you, buddy?  It's really great to see you around on the forum, and I'm very happy that your health issues are resolved and you're back feeling better and making cool music again! 

Big thanks for checking this out for me and for the very kind words!  Yes, you're right, I'm pretty sure that you saw this one on my FB page so that's why the girl looks familiar, LOL! 

Thanks again, Warren, I'm looking forward to hearing some great new stuff from the Pugtones! 

Have a good one!

Bob
rhynosynth
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 520
Re: "Power Trip" (Rock Video) 2017/11/24 19:19:02 (permalink)
Hi Bob. Excellent tune as usual in your kick a$$ big rock style which always sounds classic and fresh at the same time. The girl screaming into the megaphone had me dying over here. Always a great listen out here, a consummate gentleman and I hope you keep em" coming somewhere after this place dissolves. 
Bob Oister
Re: "Power Trip" (Rock Video) 2017/11/27 07:42:10 (permalink)
rhynosynth:

Hey, Mark, It's really great to hear from you and good to see you back around the forum!  Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving and are doing well! 

Sincere thanks for taking time to check this video out for me, and for your very kind words of encouragement, you made my week, buddy!  I've always said since buying Cakewalk Music Creator way back in 2007 and moving up to Sonar Pro and finally joining the forum in 2008, that my goal was to try to try to learn how to put a fresh, modern production style on my own 70's and 80's Classic Hard Rock and Hair Metal inspired songs.  I'm still constantly trying to learn and keep improving my recording, mixing and production skills, but thanks to the help, input and support of all the great people here on this forum, at least I feel like I've improved to the point that I'm not embarrassing myself anymore! 

I'm truly grateful to you, and every member here on the forum who ever took time to listen and comment, provide input, advice, suggestions or encouragement on any of my stuff, and I really appreciate the friendship and support from the whole community!  Wishful thinking, but hopefully, the forum servers were prepaid for a year or two in advance, and we can still keep posting to keep the place active until it evaporates.  The two new alt forums that Ed and Panu were kind enough to take fast action and get started are really great so far and look very promising for all of us to migrate to, but I'll still really miss this place when it's gone!

Thanks again, Mark and Keep on Rockin'! 

Bob

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1