Using Tutorial Cannot figure out how to record track 2 without recording track 1 over it

Author
Onewitnessus
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 16
2017/10/06 04:07:33 (permalink)

Using Tutorial Cannot figure out how to record track 2 without recording track 1 over it

I've got a music track recorded and imported into track 1.  Now I want to record guitar on track 2 along with music on track 1, WITHOUT recording track 1.  I want the guitar isolated on track 2.  I cannot figure out how to do it and the tutorial is no help.

This is a BASIC function of recording, recording an isolated track by playing along with another track.  Why it should be so complicated is beyond me.  Whenever I hit PLAY on track 1 I can see the music from track 1 on the levels for track 2....

it's infuriating.

2 Replies Related Threads

57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re: Using Tutorial Cannot figure out how to record track 2 without recording track 1 over 2017/10/06 13:54:21 (permalink)
    In whatever sound card or audio interface you're using, there is a setting that will send the outs to the ins. It has nothing to do with MC; that just records what is sent to it,
    Look for a setting called 'What You Hear' or 'Stereo Mix' in your sound card or audio interface's settings and disable it.
    Some audio interfaces have a knob on the front or a switch on the back to enable/disable this "feature".
    What device are you using to record and make sounds?

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    NSE Gang
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re: Using Tutorial Cannot figure out how to record track 2 without recording track 1 over 2017/10/10 18:32:41 (permalink)
    wow
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1