ProCh still turning on randomly

Author
Unknowen
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1276
2017/10/09 03:31:04 (permalink)

ProCh still turning on randomly

ProCh still turning on randomly on strips and busses, even as a project is loading now!
It seems to happen when opening, moving or deleting plugins within the Console view when editing as the tracks are playing.
Oh and it seems to start after working on a project for many hours in one siting.

Hay look,
Somethings are not locked in stone... lol 3/18/2019

5 Replies Related Threads

Keith Albright [Cakewalk]
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1117
    Re: ProCh still turning on randomly 2017/10/09 15:15:20 (permalink)
    The only cases where ProChannel is supposed to enable itself is when adding a ProChannel module or, if a parameter is changed on a module that is off if it had never been turned on automatically before.  After that it's manual.  In the auto case the module and the strip are turned on.  Other than that it shouldn't be happening.  In the manual state, turning off the strip and then modifying the control on another module that is off will turn on that module but NOT the strip.

So, if you have a control surface bound to something on the ProChannel changing those physical controls would change a param and thus enable, but only automatically if not done before on that track.

Let us know a specific recipe where it's happening unexpectedly.

Thanks.

Keith

Keith
    Unknowen
    Re: ProCh still turning on randomly 2017/10/10 12:53:04 (permalink)
    Hey, thanks for the info. I don't use a control surface. 
    I have had this problem with Tascam 1200 and 1800 units in ASIO Tascam drivers as well as mme? 
    If that means anything?
    I'm having this issues on my Win 10 and 8. systems. I know I've seen others here with this issues. It's not a huge issues but it is annoying and embarrassing if someone is looking over your shoulder.
    I will see if I can catch it with a cam recorder and post it here.

Thanks again for the info. :)

Hay look,
    dcumpian
    Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4124
    Re: ProCh still turning on randomly 2017/10/10 13:55:38 (permalink)
    Keith,

I've had strange things like this happen while editing automation. I've had the PC turn itself on and even change EQ settings in the PC EQ. Please note that this is while editing automation for plugins in the FX bin since I generally do not use the PC anymore due to this behavior. Someone said it was possibly caused by accidentally pressing the CTRL key (CTRL-Spacebar, for example), putting Sonar into quick group mode and basically mapping whatever node I was editing to the PC EQ on every track. It happened often enough that I stopped using the PC at that point and make it a point to double check that the PC is off on all tracks after doing automation edits before each save.

Regards,
    Dan

Mixing is all about control.

My music:
    http://dancumpian.bandcamp.com/ or https://soundcloud.com/dcumpian Studiocat Advanced Studio DAW (Intel i5 3550 @ 3.7GHz, Z77 motherboard, 16GB Ram, lots of HDDs), Sonar Plat, Mackie 1604, PreSonus Audiobox 44VSL, ESI 4x4 Midi Interface, Ibanez Bass, Custom Fender Mexi-Strat, NI S88, Roland JV-2080 & MDB-1, Komplete, Omnisphere, Lots o' plugins.    
    Unknowen
    Re: ProCh still turning on randomly 2017/10/10 14:07:50 (permalink)
    Not even close to the ProCh here as the one ProCh comes on, one bus (hard to see) and 4 left strips activated at the same time.
    This has  been going on for at least a couple years on different systems. This is a new system well over Splat system requirements.
    https://www.youtube.com/w...Q&feature=youtu.be

Hay look,
    Unknowen
    Re: ProCh still turning on randomly 2017/10/11 14:08:52 (permalink)
    It's doing the same thing if you turn off and on FX racks. I will try and get video and post it asap.

thanks! :)

Hay look,
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1