My Sonar Platinum is not updating!

Author
mckool
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 31
2017/10/16 15:19:01 (permalink)

My Sonar Platinum is not updating!

I originally purchased Sonar Platinum through Steam but then I purchased the permanent updates through Cakewalk directly when that dealoccurred. I have been using Command Center and I'm embarrassed to admit that I didn't notice that my software has not updated since January. (chagrin)
I checked the "My products" page and found that it still shows the license as purchased through Steam and tells me to use Steam to update. I do not even have steam installed and I would prefer to update through the Command Center if possible! Has anyone else had this issue? 
One thing to note is that I do have some Sound Center sound packs that are purchased through Steam. I was told to update them via Steam but use Command Center for everything else.

2 Replies Related Threads

Seth Kellogg [Cakewalk]
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 814
    Re: My Sonar Platinum is not updating! 2017/10/16 15:44:06 (permalink)
    I looked at your account and you had a prior Steam purchase, but it was also showing your direct purchase. It looks like there was an issue with how the Lifetime pass was stacking in your account. I informed IT and this should be all fixed now.

Sound Center Packs purchased through Steam can only be installed through Steam. Make sure you run the Sound Center Standalone app in Steam and choose the 'Steam plug-in manager' launch option. This will run the install script, you can also link the VST for SONAR's default location or just add the steam path to SONAR's scanner.

Best Regards,
    Seth
    mckool
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 31
    Re: My Sonar Platinum is not updating! 2017/10/16 16:01:25 (permalink)
    Thanks Seth! You are always so quick to help!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1