Cakewalk Product Support - Where Are You?

Author
AMack01
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2017/10/18 17:56:31 (permalink)

Cakewalk Product Support - Where Are You?

Hi

Apologies if this is not the correct place to post this but as you will see from my query below I am struggling to make contact with Cakewalk using other methods available on Cakewalk.Com

Can anyone confirm if Cakewalk actually respond to issues sent to their Product Support via the email link () on this website.

Having raised a case (358147) and also a polite reminder it has now been 10 days and still no-one has responded to provide a solution.

As a fairly new customer, who has only purchased a couple of Cakewalk products I am disappointed with this slow response time. Have other users had similar experiences of slow responses from Cakewalk Support, or is it simply I have been unfortunate to experience this lack of support?

All I'm looking for is a link to download software, for a product I have registered on my account. The instructions on the product advert and also contained on the product CD said a link to the software would be provided after registration had been completed. To me this is not a difficult issue and I would have expected a response within 48 hours. Or am I being unreasonable?

Perhaps if Cakewalk monitor this forum they could flag this case ID to the appropriate member of staff and arrange for a response to be provided.

Hope to receive a reply soon with link to software required so I can start to use my product.

Regards
Allan

7 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Cakewalk Product Support - Where Are You? 2017/10/18 18:01:44 (permalink)
    Products should appear in your account
    It has been a long time since Cakewalk offer any product on physical media.
    AMack01
    Re: Cakewalk Product Support - Where Are You? 2017/10/18 18:16:49 (permalink)
    Hi

Thanks for a fast reply.

Yes I understand that, the product I purchased does appear in my account. However, additional software was promised to enable the product to be used. This is not appearing in my account and that is why I opened the case. An overview of my issue is detailed below. As I registered the product with my Cakewalk account I would have expected Cakewalk to provide the working software rather than DSF. However if this is not the case I would have thought it only customary for Cakewalk to advise this and provide some guidance on how to resolve my issue.
    For info - This Cakewalk product is still for sale on the DSF website so I would assume Cakewalk are still supporting this product and the other Cakewalk products being sold there. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Below are screen shots from product advertising and from the DSF website which both indicate that after registering the product users will get sent a link to download Dimension LE in order to use it. As I registered the product via my Cakewalk account using the hyperlink provided in the software program itself, I assume Cakewalk will proved the Dimension LE download link. If this is not the case, please can you let me know who I should contact to get the Dimension LE product.

Description
    Digital Sound Factory has reissued the original Proteus sample content for use with Cakewalk's Dimension Pro and Dimension LE synthesizers. Using the advanced parameters available in Cakewalk's Dimension synthesizer, these new instrument programs were perfectly matched and tuned to the original hardware product. The E-MU Proteus 2000 consists of over 1,000 immediately useable, go-to sound programs, perfect for any style of music you can imagine. And when you combine them with the infinite synthesis options of Dimension, they also provide the perfect springboards for custom sonic creations. When you register this product, you will recieve a FREE Dimension LE sound player that will run on the Mac and PC. -

And from DSF Website (screen shot taken today) – Near the top of the screen it states
    “Dimension LE Synthesizer Included”
    [image]cid:C010990BD6CB4A2CA753EF0117ABD5ED@MusicPC[/image] 
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Cakewalk Product Support - Where Are You? 2017/10/18 18:29:33 (permalink)
    Your account is too new to create links or add images. Images cannot be directly embedded in posts and must use an image server (for example: imgur.com). For this to work though, you need to be able to create links. It does not matter, the problem is pretty clear.

You purchased some DSF libraries (directly from DSF), registered the products. have checked your spam folders for emails regarding Dimension LE and do not see any emails or the synth in the download area in your account.  Not sure which group got the ticket, if it were my issue I probably would have opened it with CW Account support and DSF. I am not a CW employee but I can send a PM to one of the staff to see about the ticket.
    AMack01
    Re: Cakewalk Product Support - Where Are You? 2017/10/18 18:55:12 (permalink)
    Once again thanks for your quick response Scook. Yip realised the point about posting images after pressing submit.

Yes I think I will contact DSF support and see if they can offer a solution as they are still selling the product online with the statement that Dimension LE is provided. I have raised the issue via CW Account support but as I said have had no response from them in 10 days. As the product registration is done via Cakewalk I thought they would be best placed to resolve rather than DSF. Especially as Dimension is also a Cakewalk product.

The reason I really need Dimension LE is that I can't get the SFZ files to fully load in any other sampler/SF Players I have. I assume they only open with Dimension LE or Pro. V1.5 is still available to download on the Cakewalk website but for a new installation you need to have V1.2 already installed on your PC. This is what I hope Cakewalk or DSF can supply me with or offer an alternative solution as to how I can start using the sample/patches.

Ironically I own a Proteus 2000 hardware rack synth. I simply wanted to have the sounds available via plugin to make it quicker to load into my music projects within my DAW.

Thanks again, I keep on holding out for a response from Cakewalk but perhaps DSF will provide a quicker solution?

Kind Regards
    Allan

Seth Kellogg [Cakewalk]
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 814
    Re: Cakewalk Product Support - Where Are You? 2017/10/18 18:55:45 (permalink)
    I just sent you a reply AMack, the DSF site is way out of date unfortunately and we don't distribute Dimension LE standalone anymore as it has some W10 issues. I'll reach out to Tim over there.

I did gift you D-LE though. I'd recommend using the E-MU packs with Rapture Session though. You'll likely have better stability on modern systems. More info is in the e-mail.

Best Regards,
    Seth
    AMack01
    Re: Cakewalk Product Support - Where Are You? 2017/10/18 19:05:50 (permalink)
    Thanks Seth

I had tried to use my Rapture Session to play the packs but was unable to.
    Thanks for your email advice suggesting I rerun the Rapture Session installer again. Hopefully this will work.
    The PC I'm currently using is running Win7 so hopefully using either Dimension or Rapture I will get up and running soon.

Kind Regards
    Allan

Seth Kellogg [Cakewalk]
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 814
    Re: Cakewalk Product Support - Where Are You? 2017/10/18 19:27:35 (permalink)
    Yeah, the DSF packs look for existing installation paths, but they predate Rapture Session. The Rapture Session installer has it's own copy routine that migrates old packs etc. 

Please keep us in the loop.

Best Regards,
    Seth
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1