Helpful ReplyWhat If Your Pedal Board Was Gone?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Bajan Blue
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2029
Re: What If Your Pedal Board Was Gone? 2017/11/07 20:58:09 (permalink)
Oh by the way, the picture is not of my actual pedals, just one I found on the internet - also its missing one of my favourites, The Ring Stinger!!

Nigel
Check out the first single from our new Album, On Top of the World
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTLVCOeTcTc

Check out our latest videos on
http://www.youtube.com/user/DevineLie/videos

Check out our website
www.devinelie.com

LLyons
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 574
Re: What If Your Pedal Board Was Gone? 2017/11/10 22:44:14 (permalink)
I would do the same again - get rid of the pedal board.  Its not what you may be thinking.   I use a pair of amps (Evil Twin, Marshall).  The effects I use are an H9 for each amp loop, and an H9 that splits to the front end of the amps.  Instead of a cable, I use a ULXD.  I cannot tell the difference between it and a cable..  

Instead of pedals on a board - I went voodoo. Ground control pedal and GCX switchers in a rack. SMALL rack has a pedal drawer, a power conditioner, and a strobe tuner. The GCU controls switching between amps,  switching the preamp controls on both amps, kicking in\out pedals, changing H9 settings, and a silent mode..

The GCX has 8 true bypass audio loops.  I dedicate two of the loops for dirt pedals, and two for compressors.  I'm pretty happy with the Keelly 4 knob and Wampler Ego - haven't desired to change them out in a few years now.  The dirt pedals are subject to change.  I save and buy a few a year.   

Net Net.  Really short cable runs very low noise,  takes a total of 5 seconds to swap in pedals,  can configure the gcu to kick in\out pedals, change amps and change H9 settings with one button - greatly reduces tap dancing.  AND with an iPad to control the H9's - I don't have to kneel unless its for prayin'.

Take care....    

L Lyons 
DOS and Windows Pro Audio 2-9 from 12 Tone, Sonar 2, 2XL, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 8.5, Producer, Producer Expanded, X1 Producer, X2 Producer, X3 Producer and now Sonar Platinum 64 bit - 2nd year
Home Built Machine
32G Ram - Corsair Vengeance DDR4 
Win 10 Pro
Intel i7-6700K
Gigabyte Z170-UD5 Thunderbolt3 - AVB ready
Planar Hellium 27 touchscreen
Limited connection to internet
DAW use ONLY
WAVES 9.2 64 Bit 
MOTU 1248 - Connect Thunderbolt
MOTU AVB Switch
Presonus RM32ai - Connect firewire 800
CS18ai - Connect AVB
BassDaddy
Max Output Level: -33 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4232
Re: What If Your Pedal Board Was Gone? 2017/11/12 16:41:41 (permalink)
That's why I started the thread. I wanted to see what people do and what they would redo if money was not a concern.

It's Bass, not Bass.
i7 2700K, 16GB DDR3, 2 SSD sample drives and OS drive, HDD SATAIII for projects, 2 24" monitors
Focusrite Saffire Pro 24, Focusrite VRM Box, LAVA Lamp, SONAR Platinum 64 bit, Mackie MCU and 1 MCU XT, Akai Advance 49, Windows 10,
Komplete 9 Ultimate, Cakewalk, Toontrack, IK, AAS, XLN, UVI, Air Music Tech, Waves Factory, Sample Tek and Sonivox VSTi's. Overloud, T-Racks, Audio Damage, D16, Nomad Factory, Waves Gold FX 
Cactus Music
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8424
Re: What If Your Pedal Board Was Gone? 2017/11/13 05:28:43 (permalink)
I like to collect the odd pedal just like any red blooded guitar player. Over time I've owned a lot. I had one of the first Fuzztones back in 196?? They come and go. Only one I've kept is my Mutron Auto Wah.  I'll play for a few year without anything other than a Delay pedal and My tuner. . Then all of a sudden I find myself with 8 of the buggers strewn across my floor.  I always return to the basics. 
Overdrive, Delay and TREMELO.  
So what I'm using right now  for a pedal board is what you see below , a hard shell Attache case. Sorry in this shot it's a mess of stuff after a gig. But the pedals just sit in there. I will change what I take depending on the gig. I also will set it up for my acoustic. 
I have been loving these little inexpensive Mooer pedals. 
I have the Echolizer, Trelicopter and Green Mile. 
I have a bunch of different OD peadals that I like and use sometimes,  to many to list and hell if  I can  remember the brands,,  I mostly use the Green mile which is a Tube screamer knock off. I also use an old Boss chorus for acoustic. There's also my Tonebone and somewhere I have a crybaby but  I would rather use the Mutron or my  MXR auto wha. 

This is a picture of my live set up for gigs, The little Yamaha mixer, my Netbook for playback, the Xkeys footswitch, and I'm using the Blackstar now as the Princeton needs to retire after a hard life. I could use the effects in the Blackstar but I will need the footswitch. My pedal board is doomed to be replaced by something like the above mentions line 6. I would like to have Sonar changing things song to song via midi like I did in the 80;s. 

Johnny V  
Cakelab  
Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
 http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

BassDaddy
Re: What If Your Pedal Board Was Gone? 2017/11/13 15:36:48 (permalink)
The first pedal I ever had was  some type of fuzz something and it was make out of wood. No kidding, the case was wood. We got together to play at a friends house and it was about 150 yards from the local radio station tower. When I would click the fuzz box on the radio station would come through my Epiphone amp. The fuzz box was made of wood and covered with a Tolex like vinyl just like an amp. 

It's Bass, not Bass.
i7 2700K, 16GB DDR3, 2 SSD sample drives and OS drive, HDD SATAIII for projects, 2 24" monitors
Focusrite Saffire Pro 24, Focusrite VRM Box, LAVA Lamp, SONAR Platinum 64 bit, Mackie MCU and 1 MCU XT, Akai Advance 49, Windows 10,
Komplete 9 Ultimate, Cakewalk, Toontrack, IK, AAS, XLN, UVI, Air Music Tech, Waves Factory, Sample Tek and Sonivox VSTi's. Overloud, T-Racks, Audio Damage, D16, Nomad Factory, Waves Gold FX 
tlw
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2567
Re: What If Your Pedal Board Was Gone? 2017/11/13 16:02:36 (permalink)
I’ve had the experience of an EHX nano-muff, a lowish gain 2 transistor fuzz with the “muffled” treble-cut quality which gave it and the Big Muff their names, combined with a Strat with Lace Sensors picked up a local taxi company’s transmissions loud and clear.

But only if the pedal was on and the Strat’s volume turned almost or completely off.

The downside of some of the early fuzz designs is that their interaction with the guitar pickups and pots, which gives them their character, can also make them a tunable radio receiver.

Sonar Platinum 64bit, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit, I7 3770K Ivybridge, 16GB Ram, Gigabyte Z77-D3H m/board,
ATI 7750 graphics+ 1GB RAM, 2xIntel 520 series 220GB SSDs, 1 TB Samsung F3 + 1 TB WD HDDs, Seasonic fanless 460W psu, RME Fireface UFX, Focusrite Octopre.
Assorted real synths, guitars, mandolins, diatonic accordions, percussion, fx and other stuff.
Cactus Music
Re: What If Your Pedal Board Was Gone? 2017/11/13 18:21:00 (permalink)
That's so funny because I remember listening to the AM radio through my Fender Bassman. 

I was just looking for a picture of my Fuzztone but I now realize it was this.

I can't find a picture of my Vox Wha Wha It was something like this but it was silver and had sound effexts built in. It did a siren, a surf and a few others via side footswitches. It would have been around 1966. 

Johnny V  
Cakelab  

BassDaddy
Re: What If Your Pedal Board Was Gone? 2017/11/13 22:49:57 (permalink)
The Vox looks like it was made out of repurposed old style milk cans. Gotta love galvanized Music gear.

It's Bass, not Bass.
kennywtelejazz
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7151
Re: What If Your Pedal Board Was Gone? 2017/11/13 23:33:00 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby BassDaddy 2017/11/15 18:27:13
If money was no concern I would ditch my cheap a$$ed pedal board and play my guitar out of a Dumble

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

Cactus Music
Re: What If Your Pedal Board Was Gone? 2017/11/14 00:12:15 (permalink)
My son was just showing me his latest toy a Line 6 pod HD500X , tempting but kinda overkill for what I do. I was looking at the lower priced models and then realized I already have the Blackstar,, So I'm going to order the IDFS1o footswitch and I'll have 128 presets at my feet. 
Only $100 much better than the $500 for the line 6. 
So maybe my pedal board is history soon!

Johnny V  
Cakelab  

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1