Helpful ReplySONAR 2017.10 Early Access Update Now Available!

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Lance Riley [Cakewalk]
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 337
2017/10/20 01:33:43 (permalink)

SONAR 2017.10 Early Access Update Now Available!

The 2017.10 Update for SONAR Artist, Professional, and Platinum features 5 new Big Fish Audio Loop Collections, a new amp and cab for Overloud in TH3 Cakewalk edition, and a mega load of fixes and enhancements to the SONAR you know and love.

Big Fish Audio Loop Library

(SONAR Artist, Professional, Platinum)

Cakewalk has joined forces with Big Fish Audio to provide all SONAR customers with a truly amazing array of loop content in the form of construction kits that will help you kick start any musical project. All SONAR customers now get 5GB of premium loops from one of the best curators of loop content in the business. These are split into popular genres for easy downloading of whatever you need when you need it. We’ll be featuring more of Big Fish Audio’s stunning content in the Cakewalk store, so stay tuned.

Big Fish - Cinematic Loop Collection: From ambient guitars to cinematic percussion and soundbeds, these libraries provide atmospheres, deeply processed leads, arpeggiated swells, drones, mixes of percussive and melodic elements, chimes, noise, and other innovative loops. These sounds are ideal for today's film and TV industry soundtracks, cutting-edge sound design, chill and ambient music, or adding unique touches to any kind of contemporary styles including EDM and rock.

Big Fish - Country Loop Collection: Whether you want old-timey music like bluegrass, western swing, and traditional country loops or the fresh, new face of modern country that has earned its place in today’s pop charts, these libraries deliver. You’ll also find neo-folk that provides the distinctive, roots-oriented sound of Americana, along with  acoustic guitar and mandolin loops with intros and endings, verses, choruses, bridges, chord libraries, and more to provide a wide variety of creative options in your productions.

Big Fish - Electro Pop Loop Collection: These libraries provide extra flexibility for all flavors of EDM by providing the stems for drum loops (snare, kick, hi-hat, etc. loops) along with the individual hits needed to create your own drum loops. Choose from fat drums, sick drops, soaring synth leads, builds, basses, synth leads, pads, percussion, FX, chords, melody lines, and more—all cut into sections for easy arranging, and stylistically similar to the chart-topping music of artists like David Guetta and Skrillex.

Big Fish - Rock & Pop Rock Loop Collection: Whether you need an indie rock groove to kick start a song or a pop-rock guitar lick to add some attitude to your next hit, these loops excel for songwriting, trailers, commercials, sound design, and television. Instruments include 12-string, electric, and acoustic guitars along with drums, bass, mandolins, and percussion (which is suitable for all kinds of music, not just rock).

Big Fish - Urban Loop Collection: From the hard-hitting, hip-hop club vibe, to the laid-back R&B feel, to the speaker-destroying 808s and sinister leads of Trap, these loops cover the latest in musical styles. In addition to folders with loops, many construction kits also feature drum track stems, individual drum hits to make your own loops, and even MIDI files for total control over each track’s melodic content when using your own virtual instruments.

Breakdown of included Content: 5.3 GB
  • Cinematic
    • Eclipse 2 (500 MB)
    • Suspense - Cinematic Percussion and Soundbeds (367MB)
  • Country
    • Country Roots (166 MB)
    • Modern Country (438 MB)
    • Neo Folk (265 MB)
    • Steel and Wood (218 MB)
  • Electro Pop
    • Electro Club (200 MB)
    • Prism (590 MB)
    • Progressive House Hits 235 (MB)
  • Rock and Pop Rock
    • Rock N Indie Songwriter (614 MB)
    • The Rock Collective (601 MB)
  • Urban
    • Hit Life (508 MB)
    • Purple Drizzle XXL (337 MB)
    • Shake - Trap Construction Kits (135 MB)
    • Trap Bangerz (164 MB)

Overange Amp & 2x12 British State (UK) Cab

(SONAR Artist, Professional, Platinum)

There is a brand new amp and cab now in TH3 Cakewalk ready to give your next track an authentic vintage tone. This is the Overange 120 amp modeled after the Orange Graphic 120 mkII and the 2x12 British State (UK) based on the Marshall Valvestate. This Orange meets Black combo is perfect for getting some haunting tones, iconic from the 70's.

Fixes and Enhancements

Control Bar
  • Selection Module no longer selects nothing in some situations
  • Selection Module fails to update as expected in some cases
  • Snap setting "Measure" not working When Snap Module set to Small

Duplicate
  • Creating Repetitions of SIT with Duplicate Track yields unexpected results
  • Undoing a Duplicate Track did not undo completely in some situations
  • Duplicate Track no longer causes external MIDI inputs to transpose unexpectedly

Touch
  • Touching Time Ruler no longer unexpectedly selects all Tracks
  • Double Tap with Touch now works as expected to reset a control
  • Selecting tracks is now possible with Touch
  • Selecting a time range on ruler in TV with Touch now works as expected

Track View
  • CTRL Drag Copy always pastes automation
  • Clicking a Bus Name should set it to be focused
  • Inconsistent composite clip display when take lanes are open
  • Split Tool didn't always split grouped clips in take lanes
  • Split Tool didn't create desired selection groups
  • Transport jumps to end of clip after punch in recording
  • Parameter values in tooltip while dragging multiple envelope nodes works more predictably

Start Screen
  • Save dialog is sometimes captured in project thumbnails
  • Snap/Aim Assist does not show in TV Bus Pane
  • SONAR no longer requires project name dialog when creating project from Start Screen

Stability 
  • Resolved a crash that could occur when incorrectly trying to map a VST2 to VST3 plug-in

Surface Dial
  • Improved horizontal scrolling in Staff View
  • Improved scrolling in Step Sequencer
  • Surface Dial failed to zoom properly in some views

MISC
  • Edit Filters showed incorrect parameter name after renaming an FX Chain or one of its controls
  • FX Chains no longer appear available in Recent FX List within FX Chain
  • Recent FX list now works in Clip FX Bin
  • Recent FX list now works FX Chains
  • Replace Synth now works properly from the Synth Rack menu when picking a recent synth
  • Loop Construction View failed to scroll with wheel
  • TH3 Full version could incorrectly assign automation or FX Chain parameters when upgrading from TH3 Cakewalk

To participate, you can obtain the Early Access release via:
Cakewalk Command Center under the Rollback menu. Steps:
  • Start Command Center
  • Click the Settings button
  • Click the Check Now button
  • In the Connected Products list, right-click on the product or suite name you want early access to
  • Choose Rollback > Early Access 2017.10 from the context menu
Through your products download page, under "Available Downloads."
  • Click the "Show Other Downloads" button to reveal the link.
If you encounter any critical issues prior to official public release, post them to the Problem Reports Forum. Please include SONAR 2017.10 in the post title, and refrain from including issues not related to SONAR 2017.10 as they may get missed. We’ll do our best to lock posts as we confirm the reports.

Thank you for your participation,
Cakewalk

Lance Riley
Product Manager
TranceCanada
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 198
Re: SONAR 2017.10 Early Access Update Now Available! 2017/10/20 02:10:03 (permalink)
That's pretty awesome, but where do the samples get saved to from CCC? they're not showing up in "Audio Library"

Cakewalk: Sonar Platinum x64 (Lifetime), Producer X3e, Producer X2
Soft Synths: Z3TA+2, Rapture Pro, Xpand2, Serum
System 1: HP Envy23, Win10 x64, Core i7-3770 3.1Ghz, 8GB Ram
System 2: Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Win10 x64, Core i5-4300U 1.9Ghz/2.5Ghz, 4GB Ram
Audio: M-Audio M-Box Mini 2
Controllers: Edirol PCR-M80
Sylvan
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 793
Re: SONAR 2017.10 Early Access Update Now Available! 2017/10/20 02:38:21 (permalink)
Greetings Bakers,

This is most excellent, thank you very much. Your efforts are so appreciated. 

I would like to draw your attention to one particular area. In your release notes the following is stated...
"Split Tool didn't create desired selection groups."

I installed the Early Release with my heart skipping beats in hopes that this meant what I think it meant.

I tested this out with the split tool, dragging a selection through several tracks that were in a group. It worked as expected! I proceeded to the next test...

I dragged a selection of tracks within a group, Right-Clicked, selected Split, then selected Split at Selection. It worked as expected!!! I am really really getting super excited at this point. My hopes very high.

The final test. The big one. The one that I have been waiting for for a very long time. The one that I am absolutely convinced would be a dominating "game-changer" if it were to work...

Here it is, this one...

1. I have created a group out of multi-tracked drums
2. I open Audio Transients filter (Audio Snap) on these tracks
3. I make adjustments, getting Transient Markers where I want them
4. I then hit the "Split Beats into Clips" button
5. All the new clips are still in the original group, they are not in separate groups like I expect them to be, or want them to be.

If this new fix were to be extended into this function of Audio Snap, creating new groups after splitting beats into clips, the tide would turn. The battle would be won. Victory would be swift and certain.

Is it possible for you guys to take a look at that? I would be beyond speechless if this were to be fixed.

Thank you so very much. I absolutely love SONAR and use it every day.
-Charles

SONAR Platinum
RME Fireface UFX
Tascam US 20X20
Tascam US 16X08
Intel i7-5830K LGA2011V3 (6 CORE)
Asus X99-AII
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB
Geeforce GTX 970 4GB
Leee
  • Total Posts : 783
Re: SONAR 2017.10 Early Access Update Now Available! 2017/10/20 02:56:50 (permalink)
Question about the new TH3 cab/amp.  It says this is for TH3 Cakewalk, does that mean it won't be added to my regular (full) version of TH3?  Not that big of a deal, but I'm just wondering.  Thanks for another great update!!!!

Lee Shapiro
www.soundclick.com/leeshapiro

Welcome BandLab and thank you for giving Cakewalk and Sonar a new lease on life.
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 729
Re: SONAR 2017.10 Early Access Update Now Available! 2017/10/20 03:15:44 (permalink)
I think you'll find you already have them if you have TH3 Full, I have, I think these are just newly added to the TH3 Cakewalk edition, and not 'New' as such

Intel i7 4790 @3.6Ghz - 32GB Ram - Windows 10 Pro 64bit - RME Fireface UFX+
Studio One 4 Professional, REAPER, CbB-(Couldnb't be Bothered)
More Plugs than Plumbers Warehouse.

Happy Studio One User Since August 2015

"It's the entertainment value, the comic relief . . . plus the Software and Deals Forum"

Leee
  • Total Posts : 783
Re: SONAR 2017.10 Early Access Update Now Available! 2017/10/20 03:44:08 (permalink)
Matron Landslide
I think you'll find you already have them if you have TH3 Full, I have, I think these are just newly added to the TH3 Cakewalk edition, and not 'New' as such

Thanks.  I had a feeling that would be the answer.

Lee Shapiro
www.soundclick.com/leeshapiro

Welcome BandLab and thank you for giving Cakewalk and Sonar a new lease on life.
Seth Kellogg [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 814
Re: SONAR 2017.10 Early Access Update Now Available! 2017/10/20 04:06:33 (permalink)
Sylvan
Greetings Bakers,

This is most excellent, thank you very much. Your efforts are so appreciated. 

I would like to draw your attention to one particular area. In your release notes the following is stated...
"Split Tool didn't create desired selection groups."

I installed the Early Release with my heart skipping beats in hopes that this meant what I think it meant.

I tested this out with the split tool, dragging a selection through several tracks that were in a group. It worked as expected! I proceeded to the next test...

I dragged a selection of tracks within a group, Right-Clicked, selected Split, then selected Split at Selection. It worked as expected!!! I am really really getting super excited at this point. My hopes very high.

The final test. The big one. The one that I have been waiting for for a very long time. The one that I am absolutely convinced would be a dominating "game-changer" if it were to work...

Here it is, this one...

5. All the new clips are still in the original group, they are not in separate groups like I expect them to be, or want them to be.

If this new fix were to be extended into this function of Audio Snap, creating new groups after splitting beats into clips, the tide would turn. The battle would be won. Victory would be swift and certain.

Is it possible for you guys to take a look at that? I would be beyond speechless if this were to be fixed.

Thank you so very much. I absolutely love SONAR and use it every day.
-Charles

This sounds cool. I have concerns about how many possible groups you could have though. Management may be an issue. We're going to look at AudioSnap again soon.

Best Regards,
Seth
Sylvan
Re: SONAR 2017.10 Early Access Update Now Available! 2017/10/20 04:58:10 (permalink)
Seth Kellogg [Cakewalk]
This sounds cool. I have concerns about how many possible groups you could have though. Management may be an issue. We're going to look at AudioSnap again soon.

Thank you Seth. I can make a video showing exactly what I mean and what is going on. It seems it should be related to the fix you guys just implemented. I use groups all the time with multi-track drum editing so I know that even though there are a lot of groups being made, I have not gone too far making too many groups. I can make a video demonstrating if you like. This is super important to me so I am willing to help in any way possible. 

But essentially, it just allowing the Group fix you just did behave the same way when you split clips using Audio Snap. Of course I am not a programmer and I am speaking from complete ignorance. I am just excited about getting that to work. It has the potential of saving me a lot of time when I am editing drums manually. 

Have a most excellent night and thank you,
-Charles

SONAR Platinum
RME Fireface UFX
Tascam US 20X20
Tascam US 16X08
Asus X99-AII
Geeforce GTX 970 4GB
frankjcc
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 383
Re: SONAR 2017.10 Early Access Update Now Available! 2017/10/20 05:53:53 (permalink)
These Samples are saved in where ever you have you wave files set in "folder locations"

Sonar platinum (life)
Scarlett 18i20  2nd gen
Intel i7 7700k 4.2ghz  16gig ram
Geforce GTX 550 ti
Win 10 Pro 64
Merrilyn Air
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18
Re: SONAR 2017.10 Early Access Update Now Available! 2017/10/20 07:42:59 (permalink)
I found mine on a different drive in a folder called Audio Library i.e not on the usual C:drive

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, 3.6 gHz Intel Core i7-4790, 16gb RAM, Intel HD Graphics 4600, Sonar Platinum Producer , Roland Octa-Capture, Roland A-PRO300, Yamaha DGX-630, Rode K2, Tapco S5 Studio Monitors
galeom
  • Total Posts : 43
Re: SONAR 2017.10 Early Access Update Now Available! 2017/10/20 08:41:30 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby riojazz 2017/10/23 21:36:46
Lance Riley [Cakewalk]
  • SONAR no longer requires project name dialog when creating project from Start Screen

best fix ever
THERAPSMITH
  • Total Posts : 45
Re: SONAR 2017.10 Early Access Update Now Available! 2017/10/20 11:38:34 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby notscruffy2 2017/10/27 15:20:34
galeom
Lance Riley [Cakewalk]

best fix ever

I agree!
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
  • Total Posts : 6475
Re: SONAR 2017.10 Early Access Update Now Available! 2017/10/20 12:32:18 (permalink)
"If this new fix were to be extended into this function of Audio Snap, creating new groups after splitting beats into clips, the tide would turn. The battle would be won. Victory would be swift and certain."

Haha smooth feature request approach, Sylvan :-P 

Noel Borthwick
Senior Manager Audio Core, BandLab
My Blog, Twitter, BandLab Profile
Lance Riley [Cakewalk]
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 337
Re: SONAR 2017.10 Early Access Update Now Available! 2017/10/20 13:47:43 (permalink)
Sylvan

Here it is, this one...

Thanks for the suggestion! I agree this would be a nice addition in functionality. We'll see if we can do this for a future update.

Lance Riley
Product Manager
bitman
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4105
Re: SONAR 2017.10 Early Access Update Now Available! 2017/10/20 14:11:40 (permalink)
This update seems a bit snappier to start and load projects.
Could be just the new moon.
kicksville
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 273
Re: SONAR 2017.10 Early Access Update Now Available! 2017/10/20 14:13:44 (permalink)
Seth Kellogg [Cakewalk]
Sylvan

Hey Seth/Noel/Lance - here's the thing.... How multiple selection groups are handled with copy/paste and audio snap changed drastically in X3. Before X3, those kinds of operations were handled EXACTLY as Sylvan wishes they were. So it's not really a "feature request" if it involved something that actually used to be SOP, right? Especially since that change in behavior was never announced as a thing, with no mention in the documentation that said change even happened...

I filed a problem report 2 years ago (#41961) that was never addressed. If you don't have access to the problem reports, I'd be happy to give you a clear scenario why this is a major problem for anyone who edits the way I do.

Like Sylvan, I held my breath for a second when reading the fix list for this update....sadly, no joy for us.
post edited by kicksville - 2017/10/20 14:47:38
kicksville
Re: SONAR 2017.10 Early Access Update Now Available! 2017/10/20 14:25:21 (permalink)
Short version of the issue that relates to Sylvan's comment:

Before X3, if I copied and pasted multiple selection groups (e.g., 12 bars of edited multitracked drums), each of the resulting new selection groups would be in its own group as expected.

From X3 on, if I copy and paste multiple selection groups, the resulting new clips are all in the same group.

I'm trying to dig up the original text from my problem report and the images that accompanied it, but it's been so long, that stuff is buried deeply somewhere....
Sylvan
Re: SONAR 2017.10 Early Access Update Now Available! 2017/10/20 14:56:25 (permalink)
Seth, Lance, and Noel. Thank you for your responses. I think it is more than excellent that you guys care about your users the way you do.

SONAR Platinum
RME Fireface UFX
Tascam US 20X20
Tascam US 16X08
Asus X99-AII
Geeforce GTX 970 4GB
kicksville
Re: SONAR 2017.10 Early Access Update Now Available! 2017/10/20 15:19:08 (permalink)
OK, found the original documentation of the multiple selection group gremlin. This example of copy/paste operations, but you get the same result with audio snap>split to clips. Sylvan, this is what you're getting at, right?

Step 1: create a selection group (no. 104 in this case)

Step 2: copy & paste selection group (resulting new selection group is no. 109)

Step 3: select both groups

Step 4: copy and paste both groups (result is BOTH new sets of clips are in one selection group, no. 110)

Before X3, step 4 would result in each set of clips being in its own selection group (e.g., no. 110 AND no. 111). From X3 on, this is the standard behavior, and there was never any public discussion I'm aware of about said change. It should be obvious enough why this causes headaches where there didn't used to be headaches....

And while I appreciate how much work the Bakers put into refining things and also that this isn't the place for feature requests, can we pretty PUHLEEZE at least have an option in preferences for switching between pre-X3 behavior and current behavior when operating simultaneously on multiple selection groups? Pretty please with a cherry on top?
RSMCGUITAR
Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1318
Re: SONAR 2017.10 Early Access Update Now Available! 2017/10/20 18:44:19 (permalink)
SONAR no longer requires project name dialog when creating project from Start Screen

I'm really happy about this. Sometimes I just want to try stuff out quickly. This is much more streamlined. Thanks!
Soundwise
Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1419
Re: SONAR 2017.10 Early Access Update Now Available! 2017/10/20 22:38:16 (permalink)
Wow, that Orange amp is nice! Thanks!

Anderton
We are all unique and have our own contributions to make to this planet.

SoundCloud
YouTube
BandLab
dwardzala
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1470
Re: SONAR 2017.10 Early Access Update Now Available! 2017/10/20 23:12:54 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby telecharge 2017/10/21 01:09:43
In case anyone stumbles in here and does not regularly download the early access - the Big Fish content is already in your command center account.  I was doing my September update and saw all these loops and wondered "When did this stuff get released, I don't remember and of this stuff."

Dave
Main Studio- Core i5 @2.67GHz, 16Gb Ram, (2) 500Gb HDs, (1) 360 Gb HD
MotU Ultralite AVB, Axiom 49 Midi Controller, Akai MPD18 Midi Controller
Win10 x64 Home
Sonar 2017.06 Platinum (and X3e, X2c, X1d)

Mobile Studio - Sager NP8677 (i7-6700HQ @2.67MHz, 16G Ram, 250G SSD, 1T HD)
M-Box Mini v. 2
Win 10 x64 Home
Sonar 2016.10 Platinum

Check out my original music:
https://soundcloud.com/d-wardzala/sets/d-wardzala-original-music

rmfegley
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 114
Re: SONAR 2017.10 Early Access Update Now Available! 2017/10/21 00:41:41 (permalink)
THERAPSMITH
galeom
Lance Riley [Cakewalk]

best fix ever

I agree!

Yes, this has been an annoyance since forever. Thank you, Cakewalk dudes...

Sonar Platinum latest update
Windows 10 Home
i7-4790 CPU
ASRock Z97 Pro4 MB
16 GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 960
Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 
Alesis VI49 Keyboard/controller
Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S49 keyboard/controller
Native Instruments Maschine Mk3

Native Instruments Maschine Jam
Native Instruments Komplete 10
Various other commercial and free plugins
&
telecharge
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1180
Re: SONAR 2017.10 Early Access Update Now Available! 2017/10/21 01:16:17 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby dwardzala 2017/10/21 01:44:52
dwardzala
In case anyone stumbles in here and does not regularly download the early access - the Big Fish content is already in your command center account.  I was doing my September update and saw all these loops and wondered "When did this stuff get released, I don't remember and of this stuff."

The loop collections are downloaded as 5 large self-extracting executable files, so for those who are disk space conscious, remember that you'll have the them in 2 places if you install and don't delete those executables.

What I've looked through so far seems to be construction kits. For those unfamiliar, that means inside the folders are stem files with all of the instruments/elements mixed together as example of how to use them. There's also some one-shot drum hits, for those interested.
Magic Russ
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 412
Re: SONAR 2017.10 Early Access Update Now Available! 2017/10/21 03:10:32 (permalink)
The loops do sound pretty good, and as telecharge pointed out, they are mostly construction kits from what I have seen.

It does look like these libraries are tasters of existing libraries.  I would hope there might be a discount for SONAR users to upgrade to full versions.

Check Out my presets for Rapture Classic
http://patcharena.com/dow...5c3a1a706c5f940397d297
Sylvan
Re: SONAR 2017.10 Early Access Update Now Available! 2017/10/21 05:15:07 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Zargg 2017/10/22 13:15:26
Lance, Seth, Noel, and kicksville...
Here is a short video showing exactly what I am talking about...

This would usher in a new age of dominance from which relentless victories would mount into the heavens of drum editing if it were to be unleashed upon the masses of SONAR warriors...

https://youtu.be/Knj7gfSkyFw

Just saying

SONAR Platinum
RME Fireface UFX
Tascam US 20X20
Tascam US 16X08
Asus X99-AII
Geeforce GTX 970 4GB
ibediggin
  • Total Posts : 268
Re: SONAR 2017.10 Early Access Update Now Available! 2017/10/21 17:44:51 (permalink)
so far everything looks good
i have no use for the loops though
thank you

amd 10-6700 apu, 3.70 ghz,24gb 16gb usable.
sonar platinum 64 bit operating system latest upgrades
.komplete audio 6
WINDOWS 10
kicksville
Re: SONAR 2017.10 Early Access Update Now Available! 2017/10/21 18:58:56 (permalink)
Sylvan

This would usher in a new age of dominance from which relentless victories would mount into the heavens of drum editing if it were to be unleashed upon the masses of SONAR warriors...

Yes! And, that's how it used to be before X3....at least as far as copy/pasting multiple "sets" of selection groups. I don't use audio snap much since I tend to just do everything manually, but IIRC that is also how audio snap's split clips command worked pre-X3. You could then quickly and easily adjust edits manually without affecting surrounding clips since each set of clips was its own selection group.

My non-programmer guess is our two situations are related - as audio snap was refined, somewhere along the line, that original behavior got changed in the process.
Studioguy1
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 244
Re: SONAR 2017.10 Early Access Update Now Available! 2017/10/21 19:27:54 (permalink)
"SONAR no longer requires project name dialog when creating project from Start Screen"

Great!  As a song writer most of my creations come from experimentation, trial and error.  Nice addition for me.  It was a pain to have to come up with a yet to be determined title only to have to change the folder name later.  Thank you for making things a bit easier in everything you people do.  Your efforts are always appreciated...yes, even the small ones.

Current happy user of Cakewalk by BandLab;
Former Sonar Platinum lifetime plan;
Okie Duke, The Duke Of The Lehigh Valley
Sound Syndicate Studios-Recording and Production
HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC 8 Gb ram
Windows 7 Premium (x64) Service Pack 1
 2.20 gigahertz Intel Core i7-2670QM
Hitachi [Hard drive] (750.16 GB)
- 2 Tb external Drive - U-Phoria UMC204HD usb - Triton Keyboard - and much more.
Blue Clown Records Ltd
Blue Clown Publishing BMI
Okie Duke Promotions Ltd
telecharge
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1180
Re: SONAR 2017.10 Early Access Update Now Available! 2017/10/21 19:51:15 (permalink)
"SONAR no longer requires project name dialog when creating project from Start Screen"

I guess I was lucky to learn early on that you can just click File > New Project > Blank Project to start a project without giving it a name. You don't have to close the Start Screen either.
Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1