Rapture Session - Access violation error

Author
M-Kode
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11
2017/11/06 11:00:34 (permalink)

Rapture Session - Access violation error

Anyone know how to fix this? can't email support either as there is no option.

However, when i try to load certain instruments it comes up with -
"Access violation at address 07F52D11 in module 'RaptureSession_32.dll' Write of address 00000000."

After this message pops up it crashes. Tried clean installs and re-installed several times. Cleaned the registry etc. Nothing seems to work.

anybody else had this issue and fixed it? or have a solution?.
Any help is very much appreciated. 

EDIT: checked the presets...it seems to happen on a few but not all. The main one it happens on like every time I attempt to load it is. Orchestral Stacks - Cinematic Harp. There's a few more it happens on. but, I won't list them unless anyone wants me too as it takes up some time.
post edited by M-Kode - 2017/11/06 11:32:28

21 Replies Related Threads

EddieLotter
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 98
    Re: Rapture Session - Access violation error 2017/11/06 15:09:16 (permalink)
    Does this happen in both the stand-alone host and in the Sonar plug-in of Rapture Session?

Cheers
    Eddie
    abacab
    Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4464
    Re: Rapture Session - Access violation error 2017/11/06 15:57:25 (permalink)
    Did you try the 64-bit version?

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
    M-Kode
    Re: Rapture Session - Access violation error 2017/11/06 23:51:06 (permalink)
    Does this happen in both the stand-alone host and in the Sonar plug-in of Rapture Session?'
    -- Yes. Sometimes it will just force close or come up with a message saying 'Rapture Session has stopped working'

-- Yes...However, My laptop is 32-bit so the 64-bit version won't work on my laptop. Tried VST3 and that just won't load at all. Vst2 (Vst) Loads as normal but i just keep getting that access violation error when loading certain instruments. Also after loading a few in a row it seems to force close as if it's ran out of memory or something.
    abacab
    Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4464
    Re: Rapture Session - Access violation error 2017/11/07 00:18:39 (permalink)
    M-Kode
    Does this happen in both the stand-alone host and in the Sonar plug-in of Rapture Session?'
    -- Yes. Sometimes it will just force close or come up with a message saying 'Rapture Session has stopped working'

-- Yes...However, My laptop is 32-bit so the 64-bit version won't work on my laptop. Tried VST3 and that just won't load at all. Vst2 (Vst) Loads as normal but i just keep getting that access violation error when loading certain instruments. Also after loading a few in a row it seems to force close as if it's ran out of memory or something.

I was still running a 32-bt system early last year and could not get Rapture Pro demo x86 to run without crashing. I tested on a 32-bot system and a 64-bit system.  Same crash in the 32-bit dll file.

I posted in the forum and opened a support ticket with pre-sales.  I got a response from another user in the forum that I was not alone, but only got silence from Cakewalk.  The forum host even stated that Cakewalk development had moved to 64-bit test platforms in 2010.

I finally got an email with a 15% discount good for the Cakewalk store, so that is something for my trouble!

I finally gave up on 32-bit in 2016 and migrated to 64-bit Windows.  I don't think 32-bit support is a priority any more in modern apps.  I have seen several other companies move their products exclusively to 64-bit support in the past few years.

I realize that if they still ship a 32-bit app, it should work ... but ...

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
    M-Kode
    Re: Rapture Session - Access violation error 2017/11/07 00:25:12 (permalink)
    Thanks for the information. Just been digging through the log file and it seems to be that it cannot load the wav files for the instruments. So going to try and fresh install and install it to a different directory to see if it makes any difference.

EDIT: Quick update, Tried this but, no luck...if i redirect the folder it seems to make some presets go missing... weird. When/If i find a fix...I will post it here. Hopefully I can find the issue...I'm a bit annoyed that I can't contact cakewalk directly about the issue...as there is no option to :(. 
    post edited by M-Kode - 2017/11/07 02:07:32
    EddieLotter
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 98
    Re: Rapture Session - Access violation error 2017/11/07 04:42:56 (permalink)
    On the Product Support page, there is this message:

"Cakewalk provides Technical Support to registered owners of selected products and products with an active membership. View your technical support options by visiting your account Products page."

Do you see support options next to Rapture Session on your products page?

Cheers
    Eddie
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Rapture Session - Access violation error 2017/11/07 12:26:32 (permalink)
    M-Kode

There are programs too large for 32bit Windows. "Orchestral Stacks - Cinematic Harp" is not one of them so if this is failing to load in a new project the first time Rapture Session is loaded something else is going on.

There is no mention of which OS the laptop is running and if the OS has been updated to the latest version.
    M-Kode
    Re: Rapture Session - Access violation error 2017/11/07 13:17:37 (permalink)

Most of them load.. "Orchestral Stacks - Cinematic Harp" Causes the error along with a few others. This is during the start of a new project. Including when I use the standalone.

I mean....I've ran some heavy vst's on this laptop and they run fine..Kontakt as an example. Never had this problem with anything seems to be something this Vst is doing.

Laptop is running:
    Windows 7 Ultimate - 32-BIT
    4GB Ram
    AMD Phenom(tm) II P820 Triple-Core Processor 1.80GHz

There is no support next to the Rapture sessions on the product page. 

scook
    Forum Host
    Re: Rapture Session - Access violation error 2017/11/07 13:42:14 (permalink)
    Kontakt can stream samples from disk. All Cakewalk DAWs load all samples at once when the program loads. Not sure that difference means anything with it comes to this error. Is the OS current on updates?

I do not have access to a 32bit machine to test for myself. The machine appears to just barely meet the CPU requirement but I may be misreading the specs. Still that may not be the cause of the failure.

How long have you used Rapture Session? When did you first notice the error?

M-Kode
    Re: Rapture Session - Access violation error 2017/11/07 13:55:47 (permalink)
    I understand. I have a few Vst plugins that load a bunch of samples at once (SFZ files with samples etc.).
    Everything is updated to the latest drivers.

Checked google for the error...couldn't find anything except some coding that I couldn't understand that shows how to find the cause. I've re-installed the Vst about 8-9 times now seems to only be a problem with the orchestral expansion. 

scook
    Forum Host
    Re: Rapture Session - Access violation error 2017/11/07 14:11:43 (permalink)
    How long have you used Rapture Session? If it is a recent purchase, you may have some recourse through Cakewalk Sales. If the plug-in came as a magazine promotion, support is a different matter entirely.

When did you first notice the error?

Do any VST3 plug-ins load?

What host are you using?

M-Kode
    if i redirect the folder it seems to make some presets go missing... weird

How was this done?
    scook
    Forum Host
    Re: Rapture Session - Access violation error 2017/11/07 14:39:27 (permalink)
    M-Kode
    Most of them load.. "Orchestral Stacks - Cinematic Harp" Causes the error along with a few others. This is during the start of a new project. Including when I use the standalone.

It may be size related. I was relying on the reported memory use in the Program entry field. I do not believe Cinematic Harp is reporting its size correctly. One of the sfz files used by this program contains a little over 450 MB of flac samples. Cinematic Harps may not exceed the 32bit OS limit but without a 32bit machine to test, I cannot say for sure.

Also, I have no idea what ships with Session because I have Pro and a bunch of other stuff installed. I can look at other programs and get an idea of their size, if it would help. For example, "Atmospheric - Atmos Harp" is a very large program that will crash on 32bit machines.
    M-Kode
    Re: Rapture Session - Access violation error 2017/11/07 15:30:15 (permalink)
    How long have you used Rapture Session? If it is a recent purchase, you may have some recourse through Cakewalk Sales.
    If the plug-in came as a magazine promotion, support is a different matter entirely.
    -- It came with a magazine promotion. used it literaly just yesterday (1 day).

When did you first notice the error?
    -- as soon as I started going through the orchestral sounds.

Do any VST3 plug-ins load?
    -- I can't load vst3

What host are you using?
    -- Host? FL Studio
    Presets go missing when redirecting folder,...
    How was this done?
    -- Went into settings on the cakewalk command centre and changed the install path.
    the presets that are causing the errors are...
    Atmospheric -
    --Ambient Acceptance
    Bass Guitars -
    -- Bass 8-String
    -- compressed Slap
    -- Gibson LFO Bass Synth
    -- Moving Bass Synth
    -- Wha Bass 1
    Bass Synth -
    -- Fractal Bass 2
    Electric Guitars -
    -- Driven To Madness
    Orchestral Stacks -
    -- Accented Trem
    -- Build Tension
    -- Celestial Ether
    -- Celestial Plunkton
    -- Cinematic Harp
    -- Cinematic Linnstrument
    -- Cinematic Snares
    -- Things Happen Over Time
    Organs -
    -- Chilly Organ
    Pattern Synth -
    -- 8th Pulse Pluck 2
    -- Phood Phor Thoughts
    -- Talking Bass
    Pianos -
    -- Electric Grand
    -- Speaking Piano
    Strings -
    -- Bit Strings
    scook
    Forum Host
    Re: Rapture Session - Access violation error 2017/11/07 16:03:53 (permalink)
    They all load fine in 64bit Rapture Session. Based on load time, only a few of those programs are large so there must be something else about them that is giving your machine trouble. It is hard for me to diagnose not having a similar platform to test. 

I doubt moving the data around will make a difference but when relocating files, I prefer to let the installer use defaults then move the folders and create directory junctions to point back to the default locations.

Sorry I cannot be more help.
    M-Kode
    Re: Rapture Session - Access violation error 2017/11/07 16:14:35 (permalink)
    It's ok. I appreciate your time :)
    Thank you.

Edit: I did notice however...it can't load the flac. files. in the log. it comes up with error when trying to load them.
    M-Kode
    Re: Rapture Session - Access violation error 2017/11/07 16:36:59 (permalink)
    ahh.. I believe i have figured out why it's not loading those presets. 

It's trying to load them as .Wav files...but.. they are .flac files.

I had a read through the log...and found this...(As an example 1 line)

ERROR: Trying c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\garritan pocket orchestra\woodwinds\bassoon solo samples\bassoonc2.wav at default filepath

As you can see...it wants to load the wav file. but,...They are not wav files they are .flac files. 
    Maybe this is an error cakewalk has made? 

scook
    Forum Host
    Re: Rapture Session - Access violation error 2017/11/07 16:47:54 (permalink)
    IIRC, it tries to load the flac then the wav (it could be the other way or it might look for the exact name in the sfz file before searching for alternates, I do not recall ATM) and if related legacy synths are installed, it looks in those directories too. You can alter the sfz to see if changing the sample file extensions matter. I doubt it does because the sfz files should be the same on my install. I will look at one if you wish.

scook
    Forum Host
    Re: Rapture Session - Access violation error 2017/11/07 16:49:09 (permalink)
    Then again, it might work better if the flac files were converted to wav. Something else to try.

M-Kode
    Re: Rapture Session - Access violation error 2017/11/07 17:45:30 (permalink)
    :D it worked! Tested with the cinematic harp. converted every sound related to it to wav by using the log file. and now it loads up without any issues :D. so, going to convert all the others too :P

Hopefully cakewalk can fix this so others don't have to go through all this trouble. but converting all the flac. to wav. fixes the errors & crashes :D
    scook
    Forum Host
    Re: Rapture Session - Access violation error 2017/11/07 18:08:07 (permalink)
    I doubt they will go back to wav. It is a good bit of information though and may help them address the issue in a future release.
    M-Kode
    Re: Rapture Session - Access violation error 2017/11/08 10:04:19 (permalink)
    I agree. Takes a long time to convert everything to .Wav files :P

Hopefully they can fix this soon...so i can delete the .wav files and keep the original .flac files instead. Only thing is...I have no idea how to contact them directly because it doesn't give me the option. Hopefully they will see this post and fix it :)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1