keeping UAD arrangements in plugin manager after UAD update

Author
space_cowboy
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9813
2017/11/19 15:10:27 (permalink)

keeping UAD arrangements in plugin manager after UAD update

I have to confess - I am a UAD junkie.  I own a boatload of their plugins and cannot wait to sample new ones.  This update has a cool chorus and a plexi plus a distressor!

I organize my UAD plugins by type - amp sim, eq, compressor, fx, other.  

When I update my UAD system, I have to completely reorganize everything.  What a PITA (not the bread).

Is there a clean way to preserve the organization such that an update doesn't require 30+ min of re-organizing everything?  

Thanks

Some people call me Maurice

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!

2 Replies Related Threads

whattarush
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 713
    Re: keeping UAD arrangements in plugin manager after UAD update 2017/11/20 22:14:46 (permalink)
    I simply back-up my custom plugin manager preset file on another drive and simply copy and paste it back after the update installer finishes. You can simply add the newer plugin as needed, and the others are already organized the way you had it before the update.

"When your moving in the positive, your destination is the brightest star"!!! www.elmarqrecords.com/ www.reverbnation.com/label/elmarqrecordsllc" www.facebook.com/pages/ElMarq-Records/160103362281 "Never look down on anyone UNLESS you're picking them up!"
    bapu
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re: keeping UAD arrangements in plugin manager after UAD update 2017/11/20 23:24:45 (permalink)
    From now on I've decided to stop updating UAD **until** I buy a new plugin.

At this point what I don't own from UAD doesn't interest me.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1