edrums

Author
Frankyfinch
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 17
2017/11/20 16:12:01 (permalink)

edrums

I have a cheapy edrum kit going through my focusrite saffire, I can use it in the stand alone addictive drums to play the different drum kits but can't use it through sonar .I've set the midi inputs and outputs to the saffire but not to sure what settings to use I have the input set for all inputs and the output to addictive drums but I really don't have a clue. If anyones done this could they give me an idiots guide.

1 Reply Related Threads

Cactus Music
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8424
    Re: edrums 2017/11/20 17:10:11 (permalink)
    If  there is a USB midi option I would use that. Install the driver if it came with one as that sometimes is important to Sonar.
    If not the DIN midi output of the Brain goes to your Interfaces MIDI input. 
    In preferances make sure the interface midi port is checked under MIDI Devices/ Input
    If your not going to use the sounds from the brain on playback you do not need to use the interface midi output. 

Insert a midi track and select the interface midi as the input to the track and use omni
    Select AD2 as the midi track output
    Activate input echo then record and have at it
    There may be noticable latency if you listen to AD2 depending on your interface buffer settings and driver quality. 
    What I do is I only listen to the audio output of my drum brain while tracking as it has zero latency and I find I can perform better. Some people don't notice 6ms of delay but it bothers me. 

Johnny V  
    Cakelab  
    Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
    3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
     http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1